Reviews for What If Or Obliviate
Nightshade's sydneylover150 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Very cool!
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Yet another great ‘Fic! :D I love the interaction between Snape and Dumbledore, it was very touching and I myself found that I was actually welling up at it. Also, liked how Harry was hating Snape out of principle, but then slowly had to admit that maybe he wasn't as bad as he first thought he was.

I will gladly beta this for you when I get the chance, but there aren’t that many mistakes. Just very minor ones again.

Great job! :D
ippogrifo chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Good attempt to cave a space in canon and give us some moving moments.

This expanation can be considered Dumbledore's last lesson to Harry, after those regarding the past of Riddle.

I strongly hope that Fawkes, left from Hogwarts, has reached Snape. It would be the definitive prove of which Harry needs to make peace with his professor.
NadaZilch chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
A good story. I almost wish it were expanded.
DeengoBlue chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
If only...

I liked this, thanks.
Kirinin chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
I will beta. Send it to me as a text file by going to my profile. :)

-Kirinin
Delaine chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Awesome little fic. I enjoyed it very much.
Yashida chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Nice one! Lovely story. You sure you don't want to turn this into a longer fic?

Anyway, about the beta thing, I'd be willing but don't really know how it's supposed to work. If you could send me the story somehow I'd be willing to go over it. Not that it needs that much correction at first glance.

One of the things that stood out to me was the use of 'faith' ( a believe) were you clearly meant 'fate' instead ("You had already been told about Severus's unfortunate involvement in your parents' faith")

I've only read it once but there don't seem to be too many mistakes otherwise.

Well,... if you're interested, just let me know.

Like I said, it's a lovely story.
kidarock chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
You have a great story here. There were many truly touching parts such as Dumbledore and Snape embracing for the last time, the memory of Snape and baby Harry etc. Its all good stuff. I noticed that you did tend to keep using 'and' at the beginning for example; 'Harry got the idea when he and the old and now very frail and rather ill looking Headmaster...' Also, 'alert the Ministry as both the old and the young man thought and Harry...' you could have used a comma or another join to make the sentence flow easier. Also, we know who Dumbledore is and his position at the school so 'the Hogwarts School of...' was a little unescassary. This was all that really jumped out at me. I loved your opening paragraph though, I thought it was different and original. Well done, keep up the good work.
anymousie chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
wonderful! beautiful!

i love the emotion.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
Ouu.. this is good. I liked the extra scene, having Dumbledore and Snape have a private moment showing trust that Harry was witness to. I also really liked that memory of Snpae holding a baby Harry. Such a lovely and warm memory. Good job. What I really, really now want now is a sequel. I would just love to see afterwards, Harry being able to close his mind, SNape taking off the obliviate and the Harry's mind just shocked and having to work everything out. And then Snape teahcing him. :]
KeyKeeper12 chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
Very good very good indeed... I'm just not really in a oneshot mood. It's more a kind of I wish authors of excellent oneshots had the time and desire to expand their stories type mood. Well, I certaintly have the desire to write, but time enough only to read really. I'm afraid if I tried writing at this point, I would prove unable to do any work real justice. Some day, I'll just start writing and then I'll take going crazy and rambling to whole new levels. Anyhow, now that I've introduced you to a small sample of the latter, I suppose i should sign off this wonderful site and catch some sleep. Ugh, the clock moves so fast and i so slow, what a cruel, manipulative old man fate can seem. Yet we know better for fate knows more than we could ever dream and allows time to move only thus as it should in this particular reality. Now blessed be until we have occasion to speak again.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
Oh, yes, this is _much_ nicer than canon. Unfortunately, I expect the truth about Snape to come out _after_ Harry has murdered him, and then for Harry to care about five minutes-and then move on. After all, what are Slytherins for but to be used by either side? Dumbledore has asked that Harry respect Snape, but in canon Dumbledore doesn't do that either. Sigh.

Good story.