Reviews for Whisper Plantation
MoonKent chapter 22 . 10/15/2013
Well, after finishing this one, I have to say that I don't like it as well as "Kissed by a Rose". I think that it's because the Beast doesn't really seem all that bad. I mean, there's a few moments of stubbornness and some scenes of unpleasant attitude towards the slaves, but as a whole, even from the beginning, he was a charming and teasing personality that I liked right away...which made the curse feel undeserved. Granted, it wasn't nearly as bad a curse as being 'transformed into a hideous Beast', but even so. I also found it a little unrealistic that no one in the house had ever stumbled across the hidden cellar with the body in it, yet Lizzie found it in a single afternoon.

But other than that, the story was pretty good. Lizzie was a delightful character who kept making me think of Lizzie from Pride and Prejudice (partly from the similarity in the name, but she had the same spunky spirit as well). The setting of the Civil War also seemed believable and well-portrayed. The slave accent didn't mesh quite well with me (not sure why), but they made up for it with all their spunk.

All in all, it was a nice read, and an interesting take on the classic story!
MoonKent chapter 11 . 10/15/2013
Haha, I'm glad that you answered my question in the next chapter! It's funny that even Colman admits that he hasn't figured out how certain details of the curse work yet.
MoonKent chapter 8 . 10/15/2013
I am very much enjoying this story so far, but I have to ask, how is the Master able to sit down? Shouldn't he pass through the bed? Or is that part of the fine print of the curse?
Guest chapter 22 . 6/24/2013
Aswome story I happened by it finished the last chapter after work 2day.I loved this story so far this is my 2nd favorite BATB retelling (sorry came really close to 1st though) i was glad to read it completed. I've started eistier ( forgive me if I missed spelled it) and can't wait to finish that as well you are very talented keep up the GREAT work ill be keeping an eye out for more from you.
firelily18 chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
Another masterpiece! Love!
Cassange chapter 22 . 1/17/2013
I loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!
TheFinePrint chapter 22 . 1/5/2013
Beautiful story! I absolutely loved it! You did an amazing job!
Guest chapter 12 . 7/26/2012
Aw. It's so obvious that the daddy is Colman, and the little girl is his daughter.
Sudoku.Music.Banana chapter 22 . 4/16/2012
Just so you know... five years later, this is [still] an amazing story. Definitely love how you interwove B&tB and the Civil War (of all things!) together. Skillfully done.

Thanks for writing and posting this :)
Rowena BaronErikandSnapelover chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
My mom got me a book about the women solders of the civil war and there were lot's of interesting tales of Daughters of the Regiment and disguised women solders. There was a story of how a Daughter of the Regiment and a solder got married and one where a a women solder wasn't discovered until she decided to retire, when she put on a Daughters of the Regiment uniform. Also, there was a 10 year old Daughter of the Regiment that everyone loved very much and she could even say this one speech or pledge from memory. it was cool.
CrimsonMagi94 chapter 4 . 3/13/2012
Yeah, he's an X-Man! :D
CrimsonMagi94 chapter 2 . 3/13/2012
I am really, really, REALLY liking this version so far. It's a fairytale, yes, but it is also REAL, in a way.
TheLadyW chapter 22 . 12/15/2011
I wish I could offer a witty or clever comment that would accurately sum up my enjoyment of this story, but sadly I cannot.

Thank you for sharing this.
RosesnWater chapter 3 . 10/19/2011
I loved the eirines of the gate just standing there and again with captain redgrave I think I've found the villain but now quite sure yet

It's getting very interesting :D
RosesnWater chapter 2 . 10/19/2011
Second chapter even better

I think I got chills from Capain Redgrave though...

serious chills

but my favorite was when he talked to her and Lizzie just went 'damboiunasty' and left XD