Reviews for Takako No Hibi: A Different Love Story
Pokemonster2000 chapter 8 . 10/30/2016
Just read this story, and decided to log into my old Fanfiction account to put my 2 cents in. I really like it, especially since Midori Days is an old favorite of mine. Seeing how Takako reacts to the same situations is really neat. In fact, I'm really hoping that the next chapter comes out soon.
Quis Custodiet chapter 6 . 6/1/2016
Oh no, shonen-ai! Poor Seiji, he can't get a girlfriend but at least he has Kouta the Shota? I hope this isn't a development :P
Quis Custodiet chapter 5 . 6/1/2016
Please fix the formatting on this chapter. Everything is underlined! :( :(
Quis Custodiet chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
My impression of Midori's personality change was that it was a side effect of her wish and not really part of her "normal" personality at all. Like, the wish didn't just move her to Seiji's hand, it also made her have the courage she always wanted to have to express herself. So yes, I think her normal personality is a lot more reserved than when she was on his hand.

The chapter was decent over all, but I wish there was more dialogue between Takako and Seiji. The story seems to be (?) moving a long at a brisk pace.
Quis Custodiet chapter 3 . 6/1/2016
I think I appreciate the more muted encounter with Takako's mother as opposed to Midori's and overall it does seem like you're toning it down a bit from the slapstick of the original work, which I don't find bad at all.

That being said, I feel like you're sticking too close to the original continuity. This is an alternative universe, right? So shouldn't thinks play out slightly differently, or maybe even dramatically differently?

I'm enjoying reading this but I'd enjoy reading it more if it didn't feel like I was re-reading the manga :P
Quis Custodiet chapter 2 . 6/1/2016
This was a pretty good chapter. Still sorta following the anime/manga continuity I see. The only criticism is that I think you had Ayase and Seiji get a little "too close" prior to her witnessing him saving his friend. If I just edit that out of my brain, the rest of the chapter reads great :)
Quis Custodiet chapter 1 . 6/1/2016
Haha. That chapter went someplace I didn't think it would... so Ayase is now on Seiji's had instead of Midori huh? What a great twist.

I really liked the writing in this chapter, it was not just technically competent but also the prose was solid, not too florid and just descriptive enough to set the mood correctly. I particularly liked how you portrayed the fight and rescue of Ayase. I always felt that this was a pretty powerful moment in the anime because the animators did a fantastic job of portraying her heart cracking open by degrees as a result of her seeing Seiji in a new light and I felt like you hit that note perfectly.

Well done.

Finally, I empathize with your author notes. I like Ayase's "Try hard" demeanor as well. She's a tsundere through and through, but one of the "good ones". I always felt like she got a bum rap compared to the cliché sweet Midori.
DarkPheonix 666 chapter 8 . 5/24/2016
PLEASE can we have a kiss between these two?!
I seriously want a lemon in later chapters! They are so damn cute!
James Birdsong chapter 8 . 3/27/2016
Still a cool story
James Birdsong chapter 8 . 2/19/2016
Cool chapter
Fenraellis chapter 8 . 10/31/2015
Since nobody else has yet... It's good to hear that you're doing better, and while it's one of the shorter stories I've read and still kept track of, it was nice re-reading to catch up with the update.
Here's to hoping things work out for you. The end of the latest chapter generally leads to a particular chain of events in-universe, so let's see how that goes.
The Parliamentarian chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
If you get over 60 reviews you should finish the damn story, that's a lot of support
The Parliamentarian chapter 7 . 9/12/2014
Please update, just 1 or 2 more chapters to finish it
DarkPheonix 666 chapter 7 . 9/5/2013
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD UPDATE!
Jakker-san chapter 7 . 8/16/2013
The reason why I liked Ayase more is because you see the progress of her fall in love with Seiji how she was underestimated and hated him before he saved her from the thug's. Midori is cute and yes she didn't judge him for his appearance etc. Your story is exactly what I missed from the manga.