Reviews for Betrayal of Trust
delete-account-please 5149757 chapter 12 . 11/16/2013
Really excellent story off to read Redemption of Trust.
delete-account-please 4171342 chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
Really good, story off to read Redemption of Trust.
Megagalvatron12 chapter 3 . 2/3/2011
awsome story this is really good and chloe is an amazon very cool
David-El chapter 9 . 11/20/2010
've just discovered your series, and it's okay so far. All right, you've made me hate Clinton and liberal media more. But it's a good story. I just need to say one thing: AC IS NOT AQUALAD! He was never Aqualad, it was always Aquaman. You don't go and call the King of Atlantis by the codename of a sidekick!
kobez2.0 chapter 8 . 3/11/2010
This chapter was all pretty good, there was a spelling error or two but nothing major. I do take issue with the sneak-peek at the end of this update though. I have a hard time believing that the President would have a direct line to the cave, or that Batman would take his call. (isn't it weird how I can suspend my disbelief to accept all of the fantastic things that Superman, Impulse and GL can do, but I take issue with Batman having a video confrence? lol.)

Also, since when can Superman create copies of himself?

Peace, health and happiness.

-Kobez-
kobez2.0 chapter 5 . 3/11/2010
The characterization still seems a touch campy, but is tons better when compared to the other story. And the narrative seems to have improved as well, although the pacing and flow seems a little awkward in places. The story is interesting though.

you may have overplayed Bizaro's part a little. Stylistically it would have been fine with a small mention. Something about how 'Superman arrived, a familiar red and blue blur in the sky. but relief turned to horror as Metropolis' Favorite son hit the mother in a full on tackle and lifted her remains into the sky.' and then switch to a brief glimpse of Bizaro's POV for the very well done 'Bizaro goes POOF!' scene.

Sorry to be dragging your work through the mud like I have been. Seeing the imoprovment between this fic and the last one, I can honestly say that I can't wait to read the others.

Peace, health and happiness.

-Kobez-
Metropolis Kid chapter 13 . 4/5/2008
I really enjoyed this, although not as much as Confessions. You're social commentary was great, and the Matrix references were quite funny. The problem I had with this story was Lois's character.

I can understand her being upset, even enraged, by Superman's actions, but I have trouble believing that an remarkable investigative reporter like Lois Lane could be taken in, even temporarily, by a shyster like Randal Dather. I can see how he could fool the uninformed masses, but Lois would have investigated the events surrounding Zod. With the destruction of that town (I can't remember the name), the devastation of Metropolis and the little that she did remember from the Fortress Lois wouldn't have bought into the Zod was a man of peace and Superman killed him propaganda. Also, I don't know how the former president could say that he never asked for Superman's help against Zod. The request was aired on national television.

I found this hang up with Lois especially annoying, since you seemed to nail all of the other character's personalities so perfectly. This is still a great story, and it's going in my favorites. But if you ever come back and do some revisions, could you please alter Lois a little? Thanks.

All in all, I would give this story four and half stars (nine out of ten) and I'm looking forward to reading Redemption.

P.S. It was nice to see Selena and Bruce together. Out off all the Batman ships, her and Talia are my two favs.

P.P.S. I don't know if you called Bart "Impulse" as a matter of choice or because that was his original tittle. But if you wanted to call him Flash, it wouldn't be incorrect. Bart took the Flash mantel after OYL.
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 13 . 12/6/2007
yeah great squeal.
IolantheAlias chapter 3 . 7/19/2007
Just got to the end of Chapter Two and yes! I do want to hear the backstory on the Green Lantern, and how Chloe ended up Paradise Island, etc., etc., etc.
IolantheAlias chapter 2 . 7/19/2007
Wow! I'm loving how you're working in the DC mythos so far, and I've only read 2 chapters! I think it's harder in some ways to have to work with established canon and "fit in" than it is to get into a whole new episode. Excellent work on meshing with the canon, and appreciated!
VeltaIO chapter 11 . 4/21/2007
Definitely enjoying this, as I did its prequel. Please continue soon. I like the way you're trying to meld in Smallville and the DC heroes. I like the GL scenes - I like your version of Kyle and the way he and Clark interact. Please continue soon.
Kara-El chapter 6 . 3/28/2007
Just to clarify my last review - I like the suspense in this story very much. The fact that Supes is not taken at his word and that so many are willing to believe the worst of his actions and motives is both interesting and rather realistic (cough Marvel Universe cough) This is a rough ride for Superman, but a lot of fun for us readers.

K:)
Kara-El chapter 9 . 3/27/2007
C'mon Chris - don't leave us hanging! I've never read a story with so much antisuperman sentiment that works! I know it wasn't him, but what possible explanation?

update!

K:)
Kara-El chapter 8 . 2/1/2007
So much going on Chris :) And this whole thing about the splattered mom -ew - heavy

It's driving me nuts that Lois is not on his side and, then again, WHO DID IT? GL being ragged out for going over the top was another of your original elements that give this story its reality.

Not sure about the clones though - seems a bit left field.

Cheers,

K.
PhantomFan13 chapter 8 . 1/31/2007
oh no! poor clark, things seem to be going from bad to worse...