Reviews for Robin Returns
talk-ape chapter 10 . 8/8/2012
Totally awesome!
Xenitha chapter 10 . 7/31/2012
Great story and you have a wonderful style. I can't remember when I've seen anything this well-written on ffnet. I hope hope hope that you keep posting chapters and don't make us wait another 6 years for a conclusion.
GumGumOnigiri chapter 10 . 7/30/2012
To be honest I didn't review this story at first because I thought it had been abandoned... yeah I'm stupid.

So you have no idea how happy I was when I saw the update, it's was like a freaking breath of fresh air!

I love how you characterised everyone, especially Two-face, the sick almost grotesque madness you've given him is a true testiment to you're abilities, you've made him one of my favourite characters. And the rivalry between the bat and bird really gives the story a most intriguing dimention, I'm never bored!

Anyway, congrats on a brilliant story! Update soon.
Viviane Renard chapter 10 . 7/30/2012
You did a great job with the introduction of the assassin chosen two kill the twins. I love how Cobblepot's mentally sighing about how he'll have to interview a bunch of schmucks to find the right guy, and then he opens the interview room doors, greeted with carnage and his single candidate. Talk about having his work cut out for him!

The conversation between Alfred and Dick was spot on. There was just the right amount of warmth and discreet help ("And if I happen to remind myself out loud that the code for the armoury is 05-19-39 then my conscience will be completely clear." Mmhmm...wonder how long Wayne'll be convinced of that.)

I wonder if that new intern was Dick, or if it really was the assassin. What's fun about your story is that we have two heroes that are practically working against each other. In most stories, the heroes present a unified front, and you might have a couple villains trying to kill each other as well as the heroes. In your story, we have a shaky alliance between two villains, and two heroes who are butting heads even as they separately work towards the same goal.

In terms of writing, it's superb as always. There were just a few mistakes here and there that another proofreading would fix. Sorry I can't think of all of them right now, but this one stuck out for me:

(you wrote) Was Robin nothing more than Bruce's attempts at damage limitation.

(corrected) Was Robin nothing more than Bruce's attempts at damage limitation?

Keep up the great writing! I can't wait to see what happens next. A three-way fight in a hospital with a flippantly psychotic assassin wielding dual katanas? How much cooler does it get than that?
Viviane Renard chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
I like your take on Robin before he becomes Nightwing. He's at that stage in life where he finds himself stuck between his past and what his future could be. You've captured his personality perfectly. He's the right mix of humor, pride, ambition and desire to achieve. At this point, he's still trying to prove something to Batman when he fights crime (you did a good job of Robin's startled realization of this fact about himself), but he's young and still trying to find himself.

While you've done a good job with all the characters, Two-Face also sticks out as a character you've done an especially good job of characterizing. The way he has the internal arguments and flips the coin when indecision overcomes him, all of it resonates with his obsession with duality. I got chills reading about him disfiguring his own face with precision in order to make himself "asymmetrically symmetric."

It's a shame this story hasn't been updated in so long. I hope you find inspiration and continue it!
AJRedRobin chapter 9 . 7/12/2012
I'M LOVING THIS STORY! Stayed up til nearly 2:00 AM. (Like Two Face). I fear for Robin though. I hope Batman will soon realize that Robin is doing something he's not right now. Even so, I can't wait to see whether there is a confrontation. PLEASE finish the story. I want to know what happens next!

This what I want to see Robin Reborn! Dick Grayson, the one and ONLY ROBIN!
Princess613 chapter 9 . 9/17/2009
I look forward to the continuation.
Spicy Sweet chapter 9 . 5/20/2009
hey...thank you thank you for such a bad ass story...its nice to see one with an excellent two face...the way you wrote him is awesome i find myself scared when im reading his scenes...oh and i so agree that robin would surpass batman at some level...just the fact that he was taught everything at such a young age really gives him an advantage...and i love the tension between them...cant wait till they have a scene together...this was so well written i was so desparte to keep reading...so how does two face know that he could get batman to fight robin...im kinda confused on that part...please please update soon cuz im dying to know what happens
EmberRain2010 chapter 9 . 3/19/2009
I waited a long time for your new chapters, I was beginning to lose hope, but I was not dissapointed. I suppose you can't rush genius, I should know, I've been working on a story for the better part of two years, and I still don't know how to end it. Anyway, I'm rambling, great job and I hope to read more in the near future .
BookJunkie chapter 9 . 3/15/2009
I'm in love with your story!

Please, update soon! D
Volcanic chapter 9 . 3/9/2009
Great chapter espically the part with two face and the razor :)
EmberRain2010 chapter 7 . 7/27/2008
I have to say, you write beautifully, you could make the dullest plot gripping. I am thourghully enjoying readin this story, you wrote it so well that the reader can feel the emotions of the characters, when I read Robin's POV, I understand it completly, on an emotinal level, and the same with Bruce's, and every other character. You have a real talant for writing that I envy, and I think you could go far.
EmberRain2010 chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
Again, good chapter, I'm liking this story very much so far .
EmberRain2010 chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
_ Yay Robin! awsome writing, I can't wait to read more.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 6 . 1/27/2008
Ah, the gauntlets. The first step to a re-designed costume.

And, what's this? Batman made a mistake?

(Gasp in utter shock and horror) Horror of horrors!