Reviews for The Meaning of Silence
wheresmybook chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
I liked this, it's a nice explaination for why he didn't say anything... I think I like it better than "he was just too mad to say anything"
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
"and saves their butts" indeed.

That's Kenshin all over, wanting to give people a chance, but willing to pick up the slack should they fail. You did a great job voicing Misao and Saitoh's POVs as well.

Nice work!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
I thought this was a wonderful reflection and exploration on a memorable scene. You do a good job taking the reader out of complacency or condescension as you describe the voice of the villagers, "...the voice of despair, of terror, of vulnerability." It is the next phrase that makes us think twice about how Kenshin might be reacting to them, not judging them in anger as "It is the voice of the person he swore to protect." I thought you clarify that idea beautifully later as you emphasize that "He helps not to judge...He helps to understand..."

Very nicely done.
Warg chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Aah, well worked this and carried through nicely.

Perspective is vivid, and catching. Word choice also.. the image created by this is somewhat different from the episode.. good different :P

Although i have to add that the opening statements were fuzzy and hard to focus on.. and there are also a few well hidden typos.

Great read anywho.. thanks for that

kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
the beautiful thing about fanfiction is that it gives the reader a new perspective of people scenes and events... a profound look through the descerning eye of a talented and gifted author.

ginny
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
I'm not really sure what I can say for your fic except "wow". That's a wonderful look into Kenshin's mind during that point in time. Beautifully written.