Reviews for Trapped With My Demons
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 33 . 10/23
Hmmm...Marguerite Erika Giry...
Kichigai17 chapter 8 . 6/9
Loved it until I got to this chapter and found out it was modern day! Sorry but that makes no sense to me ugh. I really enjoyed the chapters leading up to this though.
Spent the last few days reading through this story. Thought it was nicely written and really appreciate that in a fanfic.

I liked that the romance wasn't so one noted. Many fics get them together very quickly and then the last 20 chapters are just fluffy romance that becomes much more appealing to skip over than actually read. This did have a lot of depth.

That being said, I definitely don't think Erik's actions were redeemable. The hooker, the physical, emotional, sexual and psychological abuse... Even though I understand that he is a deeply flawed character there comes a point where that can't excuse genuine abusive behavior. Because of the sheer amount of terrible things he said and did to Christine, I wasn't happy to see them reconcile at all and I thought a great deal less of her for "overlooking and starting over" with a man that as a textbook abuser to her. That's not a criticism of the peice, just a personal response to the plot.

I did think it was weird that the Queen wasn't ever an issue again. They went back to Erik's known city of origin and she was very aware of Christine's relationship with Raoul, who was still being very public and social. It seems unlikely that she could hate Erik as deeply as she did when inflicting that much abuse on him, have him burn down her palace, and have her only send one half hearted search party for him. I kept waiting for Chirstine to get kidnapped again to lure him back and was surprised it never happened.

I also thought it was kind of weird that Erik had been enduring so much crazy, terrible abuse for this seemingly inescapable hell but was suddenly able to escape pretty quickly and easily within days of Chirstine's capture.

Thought the story was nice and attention keeping overall. Thank you very much for sharing.
kvasconez chapter 35 . 4/12
I truly enjoyed this story...great job! It would be nice to see a second in a series, having the Peraians on their trail, having Eric have to deal with being a father after he walked away from Claire and Meg, etc. But, this one was well written and action-packed! Thank you so much for this gem!
Angelofmusic46 chapter 7 . 12/17/2015
YES THEY MADE IT!
Angelofmusic46 chapter 2 . 12/14/2015
"All I want... is a wife that I could take out on Sundays..."
alexiz chapter 24 . 9/7/2015
But he's not! He's a top! I don't care what you think or what anyone else thinks. It will take much more than this chapter to hind that FACT from me.
iris2312 chapter 35 . 6/19/2015
This story was very well written and the characters all held such depth; i thought it was a very creative story. It had a great little plot twist to it and the plot itself was nice. I liked that you used the "real" version of Erik and i also like that Christine was able to come to love him for who he was. Great job!
bellawu chapter 35 . 5/21/2015
Wow this is amazing story. Everything is unpredictable and i cant guess what will happen next. Love it! This Erik is very hot!
inkheartedg1rl chapter 28 . 10/10/2014
i loved this fic so much, especially the final half of this chapter, which is why i'm reviewing it as opposed to the final one. i loved erik's characterization, it was fantastic. all the character's actions are so believable, and i really liked raoul hanging around w/ christine, he was just very likable, ("I'm Raoul de Chagny, aren't I?" :) ) this scene in the chapter was just so vivid to me, erik's one-sided game, his flicking of the cards, his speech to raoul and his inner monologue, and then the reunion w/ christine. bravo on this fic!
amber jones chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
This a well written story, very descriptive and I like how Eric's and Christine's passion for each other was described.
her illusion chapter 35 . 5/21/2013
oooh,very nice,yay for their happy ending!i was quite irritated with mdm giry and the whole misunderstanding bit..but anyway,interesting plot you had dramatic,how it started out,with christine kidnapped and only able to communicate to erik in french..
Bergamotte chapter 35 . 3/4/2013
This was an incredibly sweet story. It was modern, yes, but the feel was very much the same as the classic POTO. I liked the characters, loved the happy ending. Thanks for this story, JustBFree.
Camelot Emrys chapter 35 . 9/27/2012
You're right :). A Happy ending for those two is always what every Phan wants XD. I have to tell you that this story was amazing! The way you portrayed Erik! Omg I was laughing and/or pounding my fist everytime you wanted me to! I loved the humour you had in this story too! I couldn't stop laughing at Erik and Raoul's remarks! Soo funny! Great job with this story! You are an excellent writer!
mochichi-chan chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
This story literally drove me to tears. Seriously, it made me physically stressed out. You are an amazing writer. I love you.