Reviews for Blessed Are the Geeks
Alex chapter 21 . 4/19
Ahola amigo or amiga. I just found this lovely story and was quite into it. Now that I got to the end, i was hoping you'd still see my review, even though you last updated years ago. I'd love for you to continue though I understand your reasons for stopping. Still, it wasn't quite nice to en n a cliffhanger (or two or etc) so I hope somehow you see this an my review inspires you to continue to the end. Love your story
TheNinjaFromYesterday chapter 21 . 10/15/2014
Aww just as the tree burner was found...
*pout*
TheBigOne chapter 18 . 9/7/2014
The big question is how is she going to sneak back the hat? The office is well guarded and the next school year Dumbledor will find out the replacement doesn't do a single thing though that would be a funny story in Emily Wall's second year where she has to confess!
TheBigOne chapter 21 . 9/7/2014
As the old saying goes. Good guys finish last holds true once more as crappy stories take over oince again.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/7/2014
Another option would've been to make a Faraday Cage. Look up Michael Faraday and how his advice is used to protect electronics both at home for those who are radio geeks who like to protect their expensive equipment and entire rooms used to shield from electronic radiation!

It will also work against an EMP either natural from the sun or man made using a high altitude nuclear bomb detonated in the upper reaches of the atmosphere.

To see the effects of an EMP look up the survivalist fiction both *Lights Out* and *77 Days in September* both written by professionals who know what they are doing.

Another well done but not as well known is the scene in The Day The Earth Stood Still (original black and white) where for 30 seconds/minutes all the worlds electricity was neutralized and showed realistic scens.

I am really hot now and cannot type very well.
TheBigOne chapter 12 . 9/7/2014
Reading this got me to listen to *Revenge of the Toys* song on the Toy Story video game OST.
TheBigOne chapter 11 . 9/7/2014
A funny name for the chapter would've been "The toys are alive!" the quote Sid did at the end of Toy Story trying to tell his sister.
TheBigOne chapter 10 . 9/7/2014
Why didn't she just used the unlocking charm again to reopen the locked door? Is it that hard to put the logic together?
TheBigOne chapter 9 . 9/7/2014
A better chapter title would've been (Poetic Justice). I hate it when stories name chapters that have very little to do with the actual content. It drives me to drink Polyjuice!
TheBigOne chapter 5 . 9/6/2014
So she gets to go to Snake Land!
TheBigOne chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
If her Dad is that smart in engineering he should be able to make/get some kind of Faraday Cage to block out the magic radiation so she can have electronics work in Hogwarts.

Look up Michael Faraday.
TheBigOne chapter 3 . 9/5/2014
Based on that description I am glad I DON'T travel by fireplace! What a bunch of Pyro freaks! I can see Floo Networks being a lawsuit waiting to happen.
TheBigOne chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
There is an old saying that opposites attract and I am totally convinced it's true.
Zenoen-the-mac-user chapter 21 . 8/18/2014
You could at least told us who was responsible for the tree.

I enjoyed the story found it fun and relaxing to read sorry its over.

Thanks for your time.
Bleuwolf13 chapter 21 . 5/29/2014
My first reaction to this story: oh my Force, this is about me in my dream world (aside from family troubles, but still. Hogwarts. Star Wars.)
I seriously thought I was Siri Tachi when I was little, XD. And at that point I didn't even know about her and Obi-Wan.
I don't think you know how much I needed this story in my life. Star Wars Harry Potter Happy Bleuwolf.
I really loved the expressions Emily used. Holy Qui-Gon Jinn, ick! And swearing by Darth's mask.
You should really tell us who it was. Just that little tidbit. If you don't know...well, that's okay too, but honestly right now I have no clue who it could be. (I'm always that way...but in retrospect it all makes sense.)
I also love that Dumbles and Qui-Gon have philosophical talks. I think Yoda did too at some point. I can imagine locking Obi, Qui, Anakin, Yoda, Sirius, and Dumbledore in a room and seeing what happens...
Dumbles: LOVE is the answer.
Yoda: The answer, love is not. No emotion there is, only peace.
Dumbles: Love is the most powerful thing ever.
Anakin: Yeah! I love Padme. He's right...Master.
Yoda: HARUMPH. The Force the most powerful thing ever is. No emotion should a Jedi feel. Peace. *whacks Anakin*
Obi-Wan: Wait, you love Padme? Padme Amidala? The Senator?
Qui-Gon: *facepalm* He's been in love with her since he was nine, Padawan.
Dumbles: Love is a powerful force indeed.
Anakin: And we're married.
Obi-Wan: *le sigh*