Reviews for Being Jason White
Majerus chapter 23 . 12/17/2013
Wow, that was a whirlwind. Once again - though for Entirely different reasons: poor kid! :)
Majerus chapter 22 . 12/17/2013
Very fun, a great run through the gamut.
Majerus chapter 21 . 12/17/2013
And now he tastes - just the hint of a taste.
Good build, and yeah, conflict brings resolution when that resolution is so deeply and sadly buried.
That said, I'm glad you are not diving back into the hateful angst that was Jason's self administered adolescent trauma.
Majerus chapter 20 . 12/17/2013
Regarding your A/N comment about Jason, I wasn't worried about you being nice to Jason - it's Sups that you seem to hate with a passion and despise as a person :(

I know there is Much more to your story - and that this is all from Jason's horridly skewed perspective thus far - but given that perspective, yeah, Sups a worthless failure as a father. :(

Really well written, yet another series of dialogue and character dev that have kept me glued to this roller-coaster, even though I'm not sure you'll finish it, even though you hate superman for some unknown reason (kidding) and most especially, even though I've never read anything quite like this.
For my own reasons and those above, I'll finally say what you deserve: thanks for this, it's really good.
Majerus chapter 19 . 12/16/2013
Nicely done :)
Majerus chapter 18 . 12/16/2013
Kinda gone from spoiled brat to fucked up bastard over the last three years... just sayin.
Majerus chapter 16 . 12/16/2013
scary how close things came, I can definitely see how hormones super-powers crazy trouble.
Majerus chapter 15 . 12/16/2013
Pretty much a twist on the basic hormonal teenaged drama - super-power style :)
At this point I can't stop thinking 'poor kid', even if much of his pain is self inflicted - and inflicted upon his father. :(
Majerus chapter 14 . 12/16/2013
Can I suggest that you move you SPOILER A/N's to the Bottom of your chapters please?
I still would like you to remove entirely those Spoiler A/N's that refer to work Chronologically later, but the ones that give away the chapter before it's read are just Rude.

He knows. Lois is telling Superman that his son knows he loves him.
and she's wrong.
well fuck.

what a total clusterfuck, and I have to admit, with as much angsty bs as he has been filling his own head with - and given no heed to any counter thoughts - that this is the logical conclusion.
It still sucks.
Majerus chapter 13 . 12/16/2013
Ok, see, you CAN write good stuff - call it fluff if you want, but people not in agony is actually kinda more normal than, well, 24/7 angstaholism :P
Hoping to see more of that, though you've already shut down hope with your foreboding A/N :(
Majerus chapter 12 . 12/16/2013
Pretty harsh, but Jason is turning into a pretty thick headed kid.
With a mother like Lois, stubborn isn't a question, and I'm guessing his Dad has to be pretty stubborn to stay up with his wife lol.
It's still disheartening, but it makes more sense as time goes on :(
Majerus chapter 11 . 12/16/2013
From these chapters I can see the seeds of doubt, distrust and plain Hurt are growing in Jason.
It's terribly sad, and completely preventable, but for the very doubts he has preventing him from opening himself to Sups, and of course whatever it is about Sups that prevents him from understanding the needs of a son.
Majerus chapter 10 . 12/16/2013
Well, this I get. Having had kids, this is definitely a 12 yr old - a stressed out and freaked out kid.
Sup's actions still stink in my nose, but that's done. Jason is right on one Serious count: if he truly loved his son he would not have stayed away from his broken hearted boy for months.
In that regard I truly think you screwed superman over.
Majerus chapter 9 . 12/16/2013
Last chapter you said that Superman/Clark NEVER came to visit again. SO I picked up the title of your chapter and let loose a rant of my own.
Apparently never means a few months.

So, yeah, rant aside, this is the Superman that I've been expecting. For several years now.
I hope your earlier mistake about them never being together again bears nothing on the story from here forward!
Majerus chapter 8 . 12/16/2013
Really? He would ignore his son for 4 months? His explanations don't hold water to missing Christmas or his Birthday passing. Hell I get Superman not opening the locked window, but the first night it was NOT locked he should have been in there.
Not wanting to wake him up?! nonsense. Ten minutes to hug and reassure your son are Infinitely more important than 10 minutes of rest.
It just doesn't make sense. I don't like how ignorant your superman is of basic common sense - again, he had good parents, he should understand the basics of being one.
Then he abandons the kid outright.
I'm really torn. I want to stop reading because I am SO Frustrated right now. As a father I feel like nutting this pathetic excuse for a 'father' who would abandon his only son, as the only one that could understand the boy. I honestly don't see the explanation that clark gave as adequate.
Jason TOLD HIM he missed him, that he wanted him to come. Either your sups IQ is about 1/100000th of the comic statistic or he's just a bastard.
On the flip side you write compelling characters and I have a connection to the story and want to know what happens next.

It's just - he's superman, how can he be such a shithead to his own son?
538 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »