Reviews for Being Jason White
Majerus chapter 5 . 12/16/2013
Nicely done, really bad timing for the poor kid!
Majerus chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
Seriously, your ominous notes just make these heart-wrenching scenes that much more harsh.
I hope there is light at the end of this deep, dank tunnel :(
I'm almost sad that you are writing this so well, I could just abandon th nm
Guest chapter 3 . 12/16/2013
Again with the spoilers, stop it! Your A/N's are terribly full of spoilers - esp since you posted the chrono timeline for your readers.
If they (like me) have not read about all of "Jason's bitterness and anger" from 'future' stories then we are unable to read the 'current" timeline without this information coloring the characters.

Really well done, I liked the timing and perspectives, made a lot of sense.
Majerus chapter 2 . 12/16/2013
deep breaths... just take deep breaths.
You've written a character I id with pretty deeply.
Probably should not read any more
good stuff though, thanks.
Majerus chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
huh, well that's pretty cool. Can't help but like Jason - though the forward is foreboding.
Perhaps you can take out the bit about how Jason and Sups relationship crumbles later - major spoilers for those of us that are reading the Chronological order that you put up!
titemb-bm chapter 36 . 6/17/2013
really great story ! I have a good time to read it !
Speech500 chapter 36 . 4/28/2013
Hi. I was never hugely enthusiastic as Superman as a character, and felt that in many ways, he was flawed. I guess when it comes to the fighting side of things, he is. I think expanding on his son was an excellent idea, and I thoroughly enjoyed the read. This is the first piece of content I have read on the Superman Universe. I haven't touched any of the comics, movies or TV shows. I really understood Jason as a character, and felt that the whole thing was excellently written. The way you incorporated his abilities into the mix, but didn't go on about them too much was perfect, and I feel that it is a hard line to get with some writers. I know a lot of them sometimes completely ignore certain abilities or forget they exist while others make the story about nothing but the powers and it can get grating at times. I was very much immersed in the experience, and couldn't wait for each new power or discovery or interesting event. I had to tell myself to calm down when I was jumping to conclusions at the chapter titles. 'loss' was one that got a particularly interesting reaction. One of the things that I noticed was the habits that you gave your characters, and the fact that superman's habit of running his hands through his hair was passed onto Jason when he found out that Clark and Lois were remarrying. I thought that this was a good way of transitioning the roles.

I have to admit, being the scathing bitch that I am, I was looking forward to seeing Supes lose his temper completely, but I feel that the story fell neatly into place without that happening, and besides, I don't see that being something he would do under normal circumstances.

I really loved the format that you used in the story, and would love it if more writers did the same. I am not sure why SomF was excluded from it, and I ended up getting spoiled when reading a bit too far in SomF, because I tried to read the two stories side by side. I guess they were just extra things that you wanted to add in that it was too late to add? Anyway, the yearly format made me feel more invested in the characters of the story, and their development. I feel like I would have liked more to read on each chapter, but what can I say, when I enjoyed your writing as much as I did? I do, however, think that you struck a good balance of not lingering too long on each event, and your technique where writing is concerned is fantastic. I could tell that you were invested in the characters and at points could almost feel the emotion that you had used to make the characters. It almost makes me sad that I only spent a weekend getting through the story, because now it's over, but for the two days I was reading it, it kinda consumed my life, so I guess I should be happy. I wish there was more writing on Jason, and most of it isn't as good as yours, but I am enjoying the other little tidbits you have on the life you have given him.

It's really depressing that this has been finished so long. Partly because it means that my review will possibly never be read and partly because I know that it means the story is never going to be added to. I think I will manage, though. Anyway, thank you so much for making the first long story I have read on this website enjoyable and memorable. I made this account just to say this, and I think I might stick around to read more fanfiction. Thank you also for making the thing that finally made me enjoy the superman universe, and I hope that it will spark an interest in it that won't end any time soon.
Calenture chapter 35 . 5/17/2012
Hello! My other review screwed up.. Sorry about that. I am on a mobile device.

I was saying that I did not know if you still read the reviews on this fic...(even though it will never be considered a fic to me) But, I wanted to let you know how much this story meant to me.

I read through the story months ago, and (like the idiot I am) forgot to review properly.

I adored this story more than you will ever know.

I felt connected to Jason. (I think we all did)

I cried when he cried, laughed when he laughed, and felt the anger and the pain through everything he went through.

This is by far the greatest story I have read to date, and will forever hold a place in my heart.

Thank you for your gift and your insight.

I wish you the best.

Calenture

(p.s. I was thinking all day of what an amazing tv/ movie this would be. Heck, you could even have it published!)
Calenture chapter 36 . 5/17/2012
Hello!

I don't know if you are still reading reviews... Wow it has been a few m
Mazarine chapter 36 . 11/18/2011
This is my first review ever so I will try to make it pretty good lol my sister found this story a few days ago and I didn't want to review until I was done so I am done and I am amazed at how well you have done this story - book even lol this is the only book I have ever read that I havewanted to read I adore Jason and with ever lip licking I licked my own lips lol with all the moments he was sad I cried with all the times he fought with his father I sobed you are the best author I have ever read a story of and I wanted to thank you for this experience I will never forget it
Miss Scarlett Leigh chapter 36 . 6/13/2011
I remember the night I first stumbled upon Being Jason White and stayed up all night reading it. I was a freshman or sophomore in high school then (I'm now a junior in college) and this story was my first real experience reading fanfiction.

I just joined to start writing my own stories and decided to pop over here after all these years to let you know how much reading Being Jason White meant to me. The time and love you poured into the details, creating such a real and convincing character is truly outstanding... I cannot even watch Superman Returns without connecting it with your Jason White stories.

Hope all is well and you never give up writing,

Scarlett
SongsOfSpring chapter 35 . 4/28/2011
Oh, hmm. Lol, didn't read the author's note on ch. 36. The end? Makes me so sad! I wanted to read more! Oh well, let me know if you decide to write more! love it!
SongsOfSpring chapter 36 . 4/28/2011
I know it has been a couple years (wow) but are you still writing this story? I really like it and, even if it's been a while, I still want to read it. You don't have to go until he's 70 or anything, just a conclusive ending. I hate leaving stories unfinished D Thanks! Love the story!
anothersignalman chapter 5 . 12/11/2010
Something just occured to me, after reading the series for probably the fifteenth time - why couldn't Clark just create a blue kryptonite wristband or similar?
ggggggggggggg chapter 36 . 7/4/2010
ahhh! i love this story! its so sad and screwed up but somehow it all ends happy :) and i always thought clark should be punished for leaving lois and jason with richard and not fighting for them. So this is me saying wonderful job! your story made me laugh and cry and want to yell at jason and clark and everyone! its crazy good :)
537 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »