Reviews for Leap of Faith
sailormoonserenity99 chapter 15 . 2/6
Fa Mushu, I like it too! Imagine Mulan and Shang's reaction when Grandma Fa suggests it.

Wonderful story, I loved every moment of it. The supernatural elements of this story captured my attention completely.
sailormoonserenity99 chapter 14 . 2/6
Perfect solution to all the problems.
Fa family crisis, fixed! Mulan and Shang, check!
UnbiasedBias chapter 15 . 12/22/2014
This is probably the best Mulan fic I've ever read, and boy, it is brilliant! I love that you combined all the supernatural aspects of ancient China to create an intriguing plot whilst maintaining Mulan's character and her relationship with Shang. All your characters felt quite real - or as real as characters can get, and you really brought this whole thing to life. Thanks for writing such an awesome work!
Shadowmage97 chapter 15 . 10/26/2014
Ha! I love the ending!
Ceasabel chapter 14 . 10/26/2014
Wow. I haven't read a whole lot of fan-fiction, but this is by far the best one I have ever read. There is just one thing that bothers me, though...what's going to happen to the Bao family? Since the Bao men are all eunichs now, won't their family name die out? It sounds to me like the same thing that happened to the Guan family is now going to happen to the Bao family. Wouldn't Mulan want to prevent that? I mean, she empathised with Yumen Guan because she was the last of her line, like herself. In fact, she empathised with her so much that she asked the nameless lost soul to take the name of Guan so that the name would continue. I think she would feel just as much empathy for the Bao daughter(s), since their family name has reached a dead end, too. Bao Leiyi is going to marry into the newly restored Guan family, so won't she lose her family name? Won't that happen to all of the Bao daughters? I don't think Mulan would want that to happen. I think she would want to make sure that both family names would continue. She wouldn't want either family name to die out.

I have an idea...they should either do what Mulan and Shang are doing (give one of their children the mother's surname) or perhaps they should combine heir surnames together, like Baoguan or Guanbao. It's a thought.
Anonymess chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
In the part where you say "Lady Li would take the latter option" it's actually the word 'former' you are looking for, latter is saying she would rather pick the second option, which was no marriage at all. And from what it seemed like you were implying you meant she would pick Mulan.

Just thought I would point that out if you ever come back for any editing on this fic! So far it's absolutely wonderful!
Anonymess chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
I know you're probably not going to see this because of how old this fic is... But I absolutely love the start of this. You capture the personalities of all the characters so /perfectly/ it just makes me giddy inside, and seeing all those funny moments makes me absolutely elated!
WeLonelyOldSouls chapter 15 . 5/4/2014
Wow. Oh my god that was awesome. Amazing story, captivating and hilarious. Great work adding in those morals and just being plain awesome. I hope I'll be able to read more of your art when it isn't one AM, and I'm about to be caught on my phone by angry parents. That being said, you may have a while before my username graces your stories again. The lessons learned are always worth the pain the story brings. Never stop adding light to the world. Have a great life.
Lina03 chapter 5 . 11/18/2013
I just so love this fic, I have read it a number of times already and just can't get tired of it. Thanks for sharing and keep up the awesome job )
Guest chapter 15 . 9/16/2013
I loved the ending where their complaining gave the child the name Mushu
ayac06 chapter 15 . 9/9/2013
I will join the legion of readers who say they want to marry this story. Mulan was the first movie I actually geeked out heavily on, but of course we will not speak of the "official" sequel. (How disappointing it was to a Mulan fan like me!) This story brought me back to what I loved about the original movie, except it was even better because there were all these awesome OCs!

Loved the back-and-forth in Shang's family - Tang was one of my favorites, having a younger sibling myself. The spirits Two and Seven were great and I was one of those extremely moved by Two finding his way home. Yumen Guan was so deliciously evil, but she had compelling reasons for being so. And OMG Fa Zhou gets his moment of badassery, so awesome! Loved it all. I didn't even find Mushu all that annoying here. In fact, I liked him quite a bit, and he was one of the more annoying parts of the original film.

Usually in fanfics, the romance gets super-fluffy and is completely removed from the plot, but I found it very powerful that Mulan's romantic dilemma was reflected directly in the villain's background. I'm Chinese myself, and family is definitely one of the strongest bonds we have. I'm no historical expert on my own ethnicity, but it was close enough to pass general muster. :)

The romance did get overly fluffy in parts, but it goes with the background (Disney and historical), plus it's easy to forget that Mulan is only 16 and Shang is still pretty young too. It's very much forgiveable when seen through that lens. :) And again, great job with connecting the romance with the story. It's so hard to do well.

As I was reading through this, I actually thought this would make a great comic, if a movie is clearly not forthcoming. Years ago (around when this story was finished - egads, has it really been that long?!), I actually published a Mulan-related comic with a friend. I was the artist, and did the art in a Chinese-painting style. Anyone clamoring for a graphic novel made from this story?
Cookiefan571 chapter 15 . 8/19/2013
That has to be the best ending to the story. The story was great. A bit slow at times but over all wonderful.
obsessivereader95 chapter 15 . 8/5/2013
absolutely adored the ending. i'm extremely ashamed to admit that i didn't have the patience to read chapters 11-14 (not by any fault of yours; i just didn't have enough time... which sucks) i gathered that there were some great plot twists. beautiful writing. maybe someday i'll get the chance to finish reading it. i really love your work. thank you for writing!
Artemis's Bow chapter 15 . 7/9/2013
HA HA ! Real funny!
mysteriouslife chapter 15 . 6/27/2013
Brilliant.

Really, though. Fantastic! I love the whole plot. I really wish there could have been more Yao, Ling, and Chien-Po, but that's okay - there were still a lot of fascinating things going on. If only this never had to end.. -sigh-

Great writing! Keep up the great work. Sequel?