Reviews for Torn
Xdaisy chainX chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
''exhaustion pulling on his shoulders like chain mail''

i dont know why, but i really liked that line lol, i even nodded to myself when i read it...and pulled an impressed face lol

this was a really sweet ficlet actually, great tag, we needed some drama like this in simon said, :D and here it is lol

p.s. ur fics are awesome! i demand a new one!

XsarahX

kudos!
snowchic92 chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
i dont know whether to laugh or cry... its was so insightful!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
I read this a while back and tagged it for review but RL barged its way in and I let this one slip by. So let me just tell you what a fine piece of writing this one shot was. I love your addition to the post SimonSaid world of the brothers. Sam's dramatic confession, 3 whiskeys in, that he didnt know what to do, whether it was best to run and leave Dean or stay to offer some protection as he could if the Demon turned up again shows the catch 22 he finds himself trapped in. Dean at long last understands the struggle Sam is going through and finally turns on the big brother charm at the end and it helps reconnect them both as brothers again - sarky, bitching but totally suporting each other(tho' Dean sautering back to the bar to let Sam pickup all his scattered belongings perfectly showed what an older meaner sibling is wont to do - so RL!). Thanks again for a great read, just sorry for the late review.
Phx chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
How the heck did I miss this one? Excellent tag. I loved the interaction and poor Sammy - wahh! I did have to laugh at him tossing his bag and all his stuff spilling everywhere. And Dean would not have been Dean if he had helped :)

For as much as he loves and is protective of Sam, he is a big brother first and foremost, and part of that is tormenting his younger sibling.

phx
mimifoxlove chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
HI

That story was so sweet. You have Sam and Dean characters down so will. I hope you will write other stories.

mimi
SadeLyrate chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
That's so easy to imagine to have happened after the screen went black...poor, poor Sam...

He's appeared to be the more stable one during the second season, and then along came Simon Said...and got my internal protector on the overdrive. Who didn't want to just pull him in and hug him and stroke his hair and say, however false that would be, that it'd all work out alright, somehow?

You've managed to pull the characters off to the point of seeing Padalecki and Ackles acting out the scene outside. Thank you.

You also didn't turn Ellen and/or Jo into a dog out of hell, so, further thank you for that.

...and you're certainly not the only one to have wondered just when Sam will reach the conclusion that his absence would grant Dean a 'safer' life...

Thank You for this lovely piece again!
noname32 chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Good Job i like it!
Kyriebess chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
That was great! Thanks for writing it! I wish they had had that scene in SS. I hate not knowing where the show is going with the whole Sam/evil thing. But I love your brotherly talk. That was great!
cflat chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Good tag!
carocali chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Cool tag to the show! Sam is certainly thinking about what Dean said to him under duress and it makes sense that he might want to leave. I like this spin, and you didn't villianize Ellen, so kudos!

Nice work!

:D

Caroline
Liz Bach chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Oh, this was a great tag! I wish this would happen on the show. So touching, and yet so funny, too. Totally in character with both boys. I laughed out loud when Dean asked, "What are you going to do, vision me to death?" :D And the dimples came out! Oh, Sam and his dimples. Again, fantastic one-shot!

Liz
amy jonas chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
I liked this story. Especially this part:

The tears had disappeared, but the haunted look in Sam’s eyes still remained. “So now I suppose you’re going to tell me it’ll all be ok.”

Dean shook his head. “No, I’m not. I won’t insult you by promising something I don’t know. I

On the show, especially Simon Said Dean is doing just that, insulting him by telling him not to worry. How can Sam not worry? and becasue of this I can see Sam doing just what he was contemplating doing. Leaving to find answers on his own about the demons' plans

You wrote this brilliantly. I loved Sam's angst adn his fears. You wrote them so real.

Thanks

amy
Carikube chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Lovely tag. It's so refreshing to read a story where the Roadhouse crew aren't seen as being a bad addition to the series. And though I'm still hesitant to like Jo (I've not yet watched NE), I like that you've kept her true to character as we have seen up to and including SS. And Sam almost leaving. Yes, that's very true to character. I can see him being so torn over that. Believing that if he's away from his brother, then it's safer for Dean. Dean getting through to his was very well done. Poor clothes though. I wish Dean had helped... but it is true sibling behaviour that he doesn't.

Well done and nicely written.
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
I LIKED it. Very nice. I especially liked the part where Sam accused Dean of not knowing anything more about his abilities than he did and you had Dean avert his eyes with a silent curse to his Dad. I am in the "John told Dean the secret about Sam's gifts" came in the hospital, and it always pulls me out of the story when someone speculates otherwise. So, I could totally hang with this.

Thanks for writing - totally enjoyed it.
SilverStorm06 chapter 1 . 11/3/2006