Reviews for The Letter
Falero lero lero chapter 3 . 6/5/2013
This is vvery good selection. You write wonderful.
CarrieVS chapter 3 . 4/26/2010
Prbably the best young Vetinari fic I've read. At least the best serious/accurate one. I wouldn't like to try to compare something like this with, say, Twist's.
Mr Stereo1 chapter 3 . 4/6/2009
Amazing story, it fills in a lot of holes in Vetinari's past with skill and dramatic flair. Thank you for writing it.
GuesssWho chapter 3 . 10/9/2007
I like it.
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 3 . 6/13/2007
Very well written. The descriptions of Havelock's character as a child were frighteningly advanced and cold, but that fits him well. Well done.
Csillan.Rose chapter 3 . 1/22/2007
Another great story. Except... was that the end? or did you just abandon it?

If it wasn't the end, you could definitely continue it. I'd read _ Great job, Update! :D
grey eyed blond chapter 3 . 12/28/2006
it's good, it's very good. i'd like to hear whatt the next defining event in vetinari's formative years was. and no mad stories, i'm afraid( though you probably don't care and were more irritated than entertained by them),i'm tired.
celticfox chapter 3 . 12/10/2006
Vetinari certainly is devoted to Ank-Morpork.

Is the last chapter going to be about his rise to power?
anna chapter 3 . 11/22/2006
remarkable. truly good. in character, gripping, imaginative. BUT TOO SHORT! ;-)

well, i hope you write at least the promised fourth chapter - but really, you have such a good grasp on the past of vetinari and ankh-morpork, you should seriously consider making this into a bigger thing. more chapters, longer chapters, all good ... a glass of champagne to you!
HelenaHermione chapter 3 . 11/18/2006
It is an excellent story, though I suspect you couldn't make the italics work out well enough. You certainly have established a good background for the character, though I suspect he should have been a little disappointed that he only had the chance to frighten Lord Winder. In any case, on Wikipedia's entry of Havelock they have a portion about his journey to Uberwald in 'the Grand Sneer' (like the Grand Tour of Europe that some British took in the early 1800s) and that then he met Lady Margolatta (is that the name of the vampire?). Perhaps you could extend this to a few extra chapters, perhaps mention his relation to and education from her. Another point afterwards that would be interesting is to see how he manages to obtain the succession after Lord Snapcase.
Adora Bell Dearheart chapter 3 . 11/17/2006
Yay! More Vetinari goodness. He's totaly one of my heros and I love him. Eagerly anticipating the next chapter.

-Kat
Vetinari's eyes chapter 3 . 11/17/2006
Yay! Can't type more now as I am at work, but this is great!
BTK chapter 3 . 11/16/2006
Let me get sth straight; I don't like vetinari. And the reason is that I adore him, and its still an underestimate... I'm so glad to see that theres someone out there that can write on him in such a way... I've told you again, you do Vetinari just about perfect... As for the story I really like it so far, although I'm not sure where its going. Is it going to be the story of Vetinari's life up to the present? Anyway, you are really expanding very well on the events!keep up the trully lovely work!
BTK chapter 2 . 11/15/2006
The story is very interesting so far! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it soon! Lovely job!
Vetinari's Eyes chapter 2 . 11/6/2006
Yeah! More, Please! This is getting even better!