Reviews for The Last Son, Book One: Gatherings
Malix2 chapter 15 . 12/13/2013
Hmm, nice story. I forgot to review a previous chapter as I was reading, but in the chapter with the fantastic four you actually had him /hearing/ radio frequencies, as if they were sound waves, which is impossible. I understand it was just to get him involved, but it was an error.
Malix2 chapter 3 . 12/12/2013
Hmm, nice so far, although I question why Kal would reveal himself as Clark Kent to a few mutants he just met. I mean imagine if that was Magneto that had showed up on his doorstep, he'd be giving him ammo to use against him.
bigfan22 chapter 4 . 12/8/2013
Nice recruitment of Nightcrawler by the Xmen, and Toad by Mystique. Good chapter, No Name. I'm a little uncertain about how powerful Supes is from the get go, but I figure you have something in mind.
bigfan22 chapter 3 . 12/8/2013
Not bad...the story is def getting more interesting. I'm a little curious about where you plan to go with this, since Clark obviously is in full control of all his powers. I enjoyed the Santa Claus joke and his meeting of the X-men. Good work so far, No Name.
bigfan22 chapter 2 . 12/8/2013
That was a very good intro chapter, No Name. I liked how you set it up from Krypton's yellow sun turning red, to the Shinar empire, to the explosion and Brainiac's betrayal. You have def piqued my curiosity, and I look forward to where you go with this story.
666MOP chapter 12 . 10/5/2013
Excellent stuff. No prob with those liberties you took with Jupiter, they fit right in, IMO.
CelticReaper chapter 15 . 7/8/2013
awesome fic

reading the next one now
Cyrannus chapter 12 . 5/7/2013
Wait, not Jetdarters; Skewers, that's what they were called
Cyrannus chapter 12 . 5/7/2013
Concerning those animals in Jupiter, yes they are pretty cool, and I don't want to sound like a person who does flames... But I saw something very similar on Discovery channel called Alien Planet, and it showed some creature called Jetdarters that did exactly what you described... did you recently watch that show when you wrote this? (Nice :).)
HaywireEagle chapter 15 . 4/13/2013
Well, with the hint of Dazzling. I would have to go with Jubilation Lee or Alison Blaire.
Frosty Wolf chapter 15 . 4/1/2013
Very nice, a few cliche parts but untimately a very enjoyable read. I especially liked the changes you made. I look forward to reading the next book.
edboy4926 chapter 15 . 1/29/2013
Awesome story
Going to the sequel now.
cdog21 chapter 15 . 12/12/2012
This is one amazing story. I absolutely love the world that you've crafted.

Now on to the sequel!
Cyrannus chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
I love the story, but i would have LOVED it if supes' had found j'onn j'onzz (Martian Manhunter) on mars
Glamorous Gamine chapter 15 . 8/16/2012
Your story is incredible. It represents, to me, everything I love about X-Men: Evolution and everything I love about Superman. Here, you have portrayed a person who is lives among us and loves all of us; your Superman is the embodiment of the mythos: enlightened compassion for all of humanity. I'm also a huge fan of the character dynamics within and between teams, and the fact that you've managed to strike the right chord with my favorite rag tag bunch of misfits, the Brotherhood. Here, they're not complete monsters or simply misunderstood teens. They're complex individuals, especially Pietro, starving for Magneto's approval. I'm on my way to read part 2 now. This seems like it's going to be an amazing ride.