Reviews for Play By Heart
White Wyrsa chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Great pleasure again. Glad to see your attempt on this kind of story for Partners. Again it led me through number of strong emotions.
Great description of workings of broken mind on edge of remembering. Everything is convincing and, though fic is rather angsty, it still has it's ray of brightness and warmth - only makes the story and it's characters more believeble realy.
Thank you!
Paula UK chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I really enjoyed this story.
I could feel my own heart speeding up as Hutch's confusion grew! And I enjoyed trying to recognise each eppy as Hutch remembered little snippets of his life.
I could really feel Starsky's regret that Hutch was in this state because of something he had done.
You did a great job.
Thank you.
Paula.
Questfan chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
I know you wrote this ages ago but a brilliant story still deserves a review. This was amazingly well done. You took a well used theme and made it your own. I love that in spite of his thorough confusion Hutch still had snippets of Starsky in there. The ending was perfect!
Vorserkeien chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Oh 'what if's' are fun another enjoyable fic :)...although what S&H have to do with ketchup and dragons I don't know :S! Oh plot bunny - actually I think that might be a bad thing!

(BTW I do like that version of 'dragon affairs', I've used it as my msn name several times)

~Vorserkeien~
elfmaiden4legs chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I really loved this story! Great job! It's going straight into my favourites :D
e-pony chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
An interesting look at a third-season might-have-been, Karen. I've never been completely comfortable with Hutch faking amnesia, despite the results of Starsk's frenetic driving in "Partners."

An esp. nice bit of banter when H. recovers his memory. And I liked S's remembraces of Terry. You leave your reader wanting more.

Pony
M. Willow chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
This is the episode they should have filmed. I really enjoyed reading this. Good POV from Hutch.
Shawne 'til dawn chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Hey Karen,

What a wonderful story! You have a way of making your readers really feel what the characters are going through. Poor Hutch so confused . . . and yet through the darkness of his lost memory, he could still resonate to Starsky. Loved how the "Me and thee" theme ran throughout the piece even though Hutch forgot who he was. Keep writing these wonderful stories my friend . . . we so do enjoy reading them.

Much love and light, Shawne
LovinFace chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Oh, this was so good. The part about Terry...so sad. I loved the arithmophobic line too! This was great!
Ukkie chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Hi Karen,

Oh,yes,I liked this must be frightening not to remember made that very job!

Nelleke
Elivalero chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
Great description on how a confussed and amnesic Hutch could feel

I really have enjoyed very much this story!
Jan in VA chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
Hi!

Another wonderfully written story. I can feel "Hutch's" confusion!

Isn't it strange how when he finds the gun, he thinks that he's all these terrible things...anything other than a cop? Interesting...true,but interesting.

...then when you finally have "Starsky" find his partner, "Hutch" pulls his Magnum on him! My heart was in my throat wondering if you were going to have "Hutch" shoot his best friend!

Again...a wonderful story!

Type to you later! God Bless!

Jan in VA
Starsky's Strut chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
Hi Karen,

First- I am a sucker for amnesia stories. I don’t care who has the amnesia either. Guess that makes me an equal opportunity amnesia person. *G* Especially when it’s a well-written amnesia story and this one is!

Second- Hutch thinks of him self as Arithmophobic? Bwa-ha-ha! I LOVE it. I am gonna personally adopt that word – giving you full credit of course.

Favorite line: "Don't worry. I'm your friend, gonna take care of you." *Sniff* Aaw man, I swear I got all choked up when I read that. Thank you for writing this story and feeding my amnesia addiction. I eagerly await another fine story from you!

Strut

PS- Love the dragon saying. I used to have a t-shirt that had that on it. *G*