Reviews for Mr Monk meets Mr McDuck
A. Duck chapter 15 . 7/3/2013
Brovissimo, friend! Never thought I would find something like this, and done so well too.
I feel obligated to say that you had a few comma splices (e.g., "The conversation had gone off on a different track, than what he remembered" shouldn't have the comma) and a few misspellings that are obviously mistypes. Other then those, a well crafted adventure!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/27/2012
Monk meeting Disney characters. Sweet! You should have Psych one with Disney. That'll be awesome!
none yet chapter 15 . 3/29/2010
Oh dear. I was afraid he was caught in a time-loop for a second. :D

So it was a dream? What a downer. I should have stopped reading at 14 :(

Oh well. I refuse to believe "Alice and Wonderland" was a dream, and the same goes for "The Wizard of Oz" and "Voyage of the Unicorn," so I can reject this "reality" and substitute my own if I want. In the famous words of Jack O'neill: "I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

Wow, I'm a nerd. sorry.

Well Done! Loved it! I wish there were more fics out there that were this quality of writing. I thoroughly enjoyed your style, and there were very few distracting errors (aside from noone and the sais, of course :) )

You done good!
none yet chapter 14 . 3/29/2010
Ooh. That was dirty, Magica.

Be careful with those sais. You'll hurt someone.

Yay! Loved it! Now for the wrap-up!
none yet chapter 11 . 3/29/2010
I always thought that Launchpad was a pelican. That would explain the shape of his beak. Either way, your point stands. He should be able to swim.
none yet chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
Yay! I learned a new word! milquetoast. Mean. But funny.

I'm pretty sure "noone" is either "no one" or "no-one." I hate that word. It never looks right.

Cute chapter. I want some Dig-out dutch chocolate surprise. Hold the shovel.
none yet chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
You got me all scared and it was just Randy?

Oh well. I like Randy.

This was a beautiful chapter. The color-blind thing? Priceless.

Just one nit-pick. Did you mean "Scrooge McDuck SAYS?" Because sais are Japanese daggers, like Raphael uses in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Anyway, on the off chance that you are reading this 3 years after you last update, well done, and I look forward to reading the rest.
none yet chapter 2 . 3/29/2010
Oh dear, the thought of Launchpad flying Monk...that would just be a disaster waiting to happen :) Good thing Sharona's driving instead.

This is the best Ducktales fic I've read to date (of course, it's more of a Monk fic, but oh well). I would never have thought of crossing these two, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works out! Thank goodness the story is finished so I don't have to wait.
DDshoeshowz chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I absolutely love Scrooge Mcduck and Adrian Monk. I never would have thought to put the two together but...the complete and total acceptance of the two worlds coming together seems to somehow be all the explanation that is needed.

I adore this idea and your dialogue is spot on. However, though I only have read the first chapter of your piece, I notice a tendency towards misspelling and somewhat rushed descriptions.

Don't worry. You needn't go so fast in your story. This is writing - not a race. You can slow it down for us, indulge the reader a bit.

I'll continue to read on; I absolutely love the ingenuity of the idea and your daring to go along with it.

I just know that the rest of my read will be both an exciting and surprising one!
Lorendiac chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Well, I don't know how this case will develop or how Scrooge and Monk will get along, but I like the basic concept that you're setting up in this first chapter. (It helps that I'm a fan of both of those characters.) I do intend to keep reading and see where you're going with this, but first I just thought I'd jot down a few reactions.

I'm a bit surprised that Monk, in your version, has spent all his life in a world where Scrooge is a real zillionaire with a real money bin - but didn't know that this was the case! However, it's quite possible that later developments will explain this premise better.

By the way: While Monk has a point about messing around with other people's mail, I don't think it applies to cases where an employee is looking at the return addresses on her employer's mail as part of her job. Secretaries in offices probably collect, sort out, and even open and read their boss's daily mail all the time! Of course, that raises the question of whether or not handling his mail is specifically one of Sharona's assigned duties as his "nurse/assistant." I haven't seen all of the episodes with Sharona, but offhand I don't recall that point being explicitly addressed . . . if Monk dragged her into court, though, and I were the judge, I'd be inclined to give her the full benefit of the doubt.

Now, for the obligatory nitpicking in the name of constructive criticism. There are a few places where spelling and punctuation are a bit off. I'll quote a passage with two examples in it.

* “Your calling Monk?” he asked. “Who got killed?”

“Noone,” said the captain. “I just gave him a message from Scrooge McDuck.” *

I'd edit that as:

“You're calling Monk?” he asked. “Who got killed?”

“No one,” said the captain. “I just gave him a message from Scrooge McDuck.”
SharanMcQuack chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Hey, I like this. Let me know when (or if, I've gotten stuck once or twice) you finish it.
One Hit Wonder chapter 3 . 3/18/2007
I can't believe this... Write on.
One Hit Wonder chapter 2 . 3/18/2007
This is bizarre.
One Hit Wonder chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
This is ridiculous. :) It makes me want t out loud...
Isayssoccer chapter 15 . 1/27/2007
Heh... Poor Adrian. Great chapter(s), and great ending!