Reviews for The Warriors 2: NYC Grudge
Mami-21 chapter 14 . 9/16
This was absolutely motherf'n brilliant. You should be writing books or screenplays man.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
That was a awsome story you made there flow and ideas,bit fucked how the guy's died but thats the life i guess. The warriors rock fuckn ay!
Jay chapter 14 . 4/14/2010
i don't really know what to say but that was the greatest thing I have ever Extreme kudos to
JIN-HayTeR chapter 14 . 8/23/2008
This story was very well-written and all the warriors were kept in character, especially Swan. Too bad for Ajax and the others though. Good job overall.
KotoriRod chapter 14 . 1/26/2008
wow... that was... so emotional... got a little worried there might've been something goin on but i love how you madr seem like Flags of pur Fathers. Congrats on another awesome chapter/

KroovyRed chapter 13 . 11/12/2007
Suspense! Another great chapter! Can't wait to see what's bothering Turk.
Rezdude chapter 13 . 11/12/2007
To WarriorFan (since you do not have an account present):

Let me say that I heavily appreciate that you took the time to write such a long, thought out, review. Let me try to address every concern as best as I can.

1. I knew that this would sting badly in the hearts of a Warriors fanatic, like myself. Even now, I'm a little disappointed in myself for doing so. But this story has a theme in it that the movie (and first story) did not necessarily have. That is that war is hell, and people will die. I probably would have had some people complaining if the Warriors got off too easy as well. Now the taunting part, I guess it comes off as a little awkward, but I wanted it to play out as a means of survival. Hey, it worked.

2. I don't know that I completely agree with your point here. I think I developed a decent amount of new material, while borrowing what was required from the game and movie. Somebody actually wrote in and said my story wasn't enough like the game, and to that I feel it all depends on who you ask.

3. Turk is somewhat modeled after myself, in which I mean that I too find that I can take a lot of emotional pain (not physical), and bounce back. I never hold grudges, and am not an angry person. I guess you could say that I was trying to convey that part of my personality into Turk's abilities as a Warrior. In any case, some people just bounce back better than others I suppose. Now Turk did get pretty messed up in the fight, but I don't think it was too serious. Or at least I cannot think of any specific examples of where he should have been down and out. And BTW, he's 19 in the story (as mentioned in chapter 8).

4. It is HARD to write fight scenes. When I first started doing action stories (check out my Fictionpress account of the same Pen name), I did so just for the fights. Now I try to avoid them as much as I can. But when I do have to do a fight scene, I try my best to keep it interesting, action packed, and non-repetitive. But sometimes, it seems like no matter what I do, I cannot follow through properly. I read the fight scene over afterwards in hopes that I can make it more interesting, but I find that it plays out like I wanted it in my head and leave it be. I see your point in saying that it is not something very well simulated on paper, so let me say that perhaps I need to cut out fights a little more to make way for imagery and more literary techniques. It's just such a difficult thing to write is all.

Finally, I would like to thank you for reading and enjoying. Perhaps this will all make sense to you when I finish.

WarriorFan chapter 13 . 11/11/2007
now...i've read this thing for months now ever since i first found it (like chapter 4 i think)...and while i do like the story and love the way you right, i do have a few hang-ups...

1. you basically killed off every major warrior with the exception of swan and maybe MAYBE Ajax (my personal fave) for almost no reason necessary. i understand maybe one or two durin the whole rumble, and maybe another for dramatic effect, like his roomate early on, but it seemed other than cochise, there was no emotional effect. Turk just saw snow (the guy who basically took up a father/big bro roll and took him under his wing) blown away, and literally 5 seconds later, he's all cocky and taunting...angry i can see, but JOKING? no way...

2. while i can totally see this spinnin into a rockstar video game, and i know that you've used alot of the plot and drew heavily upon the game, that's also a problem. it seems almost TOO much like a game. all the little sayings and quips came directly from the game. you know, that kind of thing...

3. like a reader pointed out previously, while turk does feel pain and get hurt every now and then, it seems that no matter what happens, he's ok. no, not just ok, he bounces back twice as strong...he's basically the hulk. can't kill him, just make him angry. now i know that he's the main character and everything, but when anyone takes the hits like he has, they go down. sooner or later, they go down, and stay down for AT LEAST awhile. and i understand that he's got an extensive martial arts background, but no one under 18 takes beatings like that and walks away fine. boxers and mma athletes who train night and day for the pure art of fighting, who don't drink, don't smoke, who are in tip-top shape, can still go down in one punch.

4. kind of a run-off of the last topic, the fighting. while it does do a perfect job of almost playing a movie of exactly whats going on in the fight scene, from a literally standpoint IMO it fails to deliver. way too many "and then this happened. then that, then this." which is kind of a double-edged sword. not so much future in this as a novel, but perfect future as a game or movie.

overall GREAT STORY!
KotoriRod chapter 13 . 11/10/2007

KroovyRed chapter 12 . 10/13/2007
Man, you are the best! I haven't read such an intense and well detailed fic in ages! Rockstar should be paying you to make a game adaptation sequal. Can't wait to see more.
KotoriRod chapter 12 . 10/12/2007
omfg... *starts tearing up* why did rembrandt and cowboy havta die? sniff sniff! stinkin Riffs! They shoulda helped out! Go Ajax, kick their butts! Turk, be careful and don't arrested! I hope you update soon!

KroovyRed chapter 5 . 10/11/2007
Awsome story! Haven't read the whole thing yet, but it's the best Warriors fic I've found.

The Saracens rule!
Rezdude chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
lol, i was thinking the same thing. but i started this story before 300 was even announced, so the coorealtions are coincidental. but then again, the first story was based on a greek myth...

but i loved that movie too!

also, if it ended like 300, how would turk be able to tell his tale. but i've said too much.
anonymous chapter 11 . 8/15/2007
300 comes very heavily to!
KotoriRod chapter 11 . 8/15/2007
Lisa: ... i kinda cracked up at the ending... stupid random newspaper...

Isaiah: omfg! war! huh! What is it good for?

Michelle: Absolutly nothing!

Marielle: Rush Hour 3 rocked!

Lisa: this was a really cool chapter but I really can't wait for the next update!

Isaiah: hellz ya! thought you gave up. nearly lost hope ova here!

Lisa: Anyways hope you get to the next one soon! X3