Reviews for Battle Report tyranids vs tau
alex chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
they should make a film of that instead of the stupid ultramarines
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Stingrays? I think u mean Manta Rays
Mr. Vash The Stampede chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
You wrote it pretty well, but there are two things that stood out.

One: I think you mean Skyray, not Stingray. Unless you created your own vehicle for this fic.

Two, most important: The Tau believe that nobody is expendable, not even the Gue-vesa (Imp Guard Auxilaries for you non-Tau speakers). For the Tau, every squad in the army, and every man in that squad, has a purpose, and the commander is loathe to send a warrior to an "expendable" death. And they sure as hell would not rain missile death down upon their Human allies just to kill some 'nids.

For skill and description, I'm gonna give this a 7, but for content and style, I'll have to give you a 4.5.
F4S4N chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
Good story, really well done! I like your style and the words you chose. The descriptions of the feelings being on a battlefield are really good, too. The defected imperials are my personal "heros" of the story ;).

But the reviewer "Viable-Solution" is right when he says that TAU don't talk like US-Marines. The point with the Hive-Mind and that "normal" Tyranids don't have the connection to it, is - in my point of view - not really worth mentioning.

All in all a good story and hopefully you're going to write many more Battle Reports!
Viable-Solution chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
im sorry bro, i couldnt read much more. im a space marine fan, but for the sake of my friend who cant review this himself. this is kinda innacurate. i agree with the other guy, it is a fact that the nids are mindless. the tau kinda talked like US marines "wheres..." the tau dont really do that. the SKYRAYs are not air cast property, everything that has to do with ground combat is the fire caste. im pretty sure that the female tau who killed the lictor wouldnt have done that. but enough of the bad news, new paragraph for the good news!

the good news is, your on the right track. you have an excellant idea for a story that could go a LONG way! keep it up! work on your tau knowledge a bit more, and make sure that you can nail the tau personality. you are on the right track! keep going! just nail the facts!

good luck homie,

Viable
Riddlesindisguise chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
Interesting, I only see only two small problems. Firstly, The 'Nids are mindless. Only the higher ones like Tyrants and such have a semblace of self, and then only just. And lastly just a very minor point on spelling. I liked how you threw in the defected imperials, or what ever the correct name is, nice touch.