Reviews for Awaiting
SincerelyInDenial chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
OMG - CaKe fic! Congrats on being the first! Though I am a hopeless Talleigh fanatic, I am warming up nicely to Calleigh and Jake. This was such a wonderful story, and you played with the emotions nicely. It's a sad story - I'd cry if I were in her shoes too - but I think you nailed the line from the episode with the plot on its head. Great job! More please?
Beaglicious chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Yeah for the first Cake fic. A very sad story, but good. Nice choice with him missing their first anniversary - that's got to sting. And this was my fave: "She was tired to go to sleep and lie in bed on her own, with the scent he had left on the blankets the last time he had come home and made love to her and held her to him almost desperately, disappearing the morning after before she could even tell him she would miss him."
Lilith chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
CaKe? Lol, I like it.

This was so sad and beautifully written... So well played. You captured the moment perfectly.
MoonyAddict chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
I really hoped someone would write something about CaKe (yay, didn't even know that was the ship name, shame on me)... And guess who did it? My fav author ever!

I loved what you developed around that quote, you portraited Calleigh's feelings so well, not to speak about the excellent description of the situation. It was like watching a movie.

I love it.
Rainbow Stevie chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
*points excitedly and squeals* KITTY CAT! I love you forever. Ahrum, back to mature and sensible review writing now.

I have mixed feelings about Jake. They mostly lean towards the dislike end. But the way you portrayed what their relationship must have been like was so very poignant that it doesn't matter. It's easy to imagine her spending so much time preparing, and then just...waiting, doing nothing. I can just see her sitting alone, all dressed up and nobody to show off for except a kitten. Aw. Poor Calleigh. Nice touch at the end, her knowing already that this cycle is going to continue indefinitely, and she won't stop it.
randomwriting chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
I like the possibility of this pairing very much, so I was quite pleased to see the first story devoted to this twosome. I hope there will be many more to follow. Like the quote you chose to base your story on. It was quite telling and probably resonated deep within Calleigh. Love the last line. It nicely captured what she must have felt.
Jessica237 chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
Yes! CaKe! You rock! :D

But aw, it has to be sad and angsty! :( Poor Cal. You captured her feelings and her thoughts perfectly!

This line (along with the very last line) particularly made me sad - 'She looked beautiful, but nobody would tell her.' *sniff*

Awesome job; excellently written, and I want more CaKe! ;)