Reviews for Box of Tricks
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
"Not for the first time, Vila wondered why they had to keep meeting people in these horrible, boring rock pits. Why not on a beach? Or maybe a nice, friendly pub?" Yes, with all the filming Auntie Beeb did in quarries, I imagine Vila would get bored with rock pits, and he'd certainly prefer to hold such meetings in a nice, cozy pub. "Apparently he was either an actual alien, or crazy, or very possibly both, and either way Vila reckoned humoring him was probably a good idea." Great line, and completely true! Very nice - this works as a standalone piece, or could equally well be the first chapter of a longer story. Plenty of room for sequels.
JovianJeff chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
This was an amazing story! Characters were spot on and it not only would be a great beginning of a series, it held the promise of another story that could be written. The notion of the Doctor along with Blake and company against the Federation is soooo much the Doctor. It was great reading this crossover, thank you very much for writing it!
mark a chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
this must be an alternate universe or maybe the doctor got fed up with vila and returned him to his own time stream later.
FluffieBunniekins chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
I love this! Wish there was more. The Doctor could take Vila to Meet UNIT. I wonder what he would think of Captain Hawkins...
Mackon chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Always finding fics of yours that I missed! This was great. Thought I'd read all you Blake 7 or Doctor Who storys but heres a cross cool. Boggles the mind what trouble Vila could get up too, no doubt he found it not a restful as he hoped.

Thanks for sharing.
Phaidra chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Delightful! I really enjoyed this-the characterizations, the writing style, the story. Good job!
TheGreatAmphibian chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Astrogirl can really write. The Doctor and Villa are written entirely in character, the idea is good, the story is properly structured, and instead of the limping prose that mars many fan stories, this one positively dances along. An "A", definitely.
WalkInEternity chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
Love it. Excellent story. Made me laugh.
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Hahahahahaha!
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Hah! That was fantastic! The characters are just perfect and it's a great mix. I particulary loved Vilas rationalisation behind not returing to Blake and crew. Apart from Vilas need to constantly steal, I think they would work rather well together I'd certainly watch it. And though it aint likely to be much safer with the Doctor, Doctor Who does have a much lower record of main character death.
TheRimmerConnection chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Wow - what a treat - a _good_ crossover! You have caused an excessively broad grin to plaster itself across my face, the Doctor and Vila were both spot on, loved it!
Karensff chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
I loved it! Your take on Vila and the 4th Doctor was spot on. I would love to hear more adventures with them both.
MizJoely chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
Are there any B7 characters you don't have a good grasp of? What a great Vila vehicle! And the 4th Doctor was right in character as well.
tsutsuji chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
What, that's it? It's a one-shot? Darn! I want to read about the continuing adventures of the 4th Doctor and Vila! OMG, what a wonderful pair they'd make, and and what trouble they'd get into together. Of course, it wouldn't be much safer than hanging around Blake, but at least Vila would meet a lot of interesting people. And aliens - hairy and otherwise.

Vila's thoughts and the dialogue are great, by the way. Thanks for a very entertaining crossover!