Reviews for And The Ground Shook
Tarien Lakilea Tel'anor chapter 5 . 6/9/2007
Hi. I'm really enjoying your storty. But one thing is kinda driving me crazy. You keep on switching tenses. This whole story happened in the past, as I'm assuming since most of the story is in past tense. You are like a story teller retelling the story. So even the events that occur in the character's future already occurred and should be referred to in past tense in this story.

ex.

He knew they will protect him...

This should read, "He knew they would protect him..."

Also, as a bonus, Dean's physical therapist would have probably tied a special belt around Dean in order to hold on to Dean and catch him if he fell - I've worked in a rehabilitation hospital.

So, except for that, I am enjoying your story. Please take my review as the constructive criticism that it is. I don't tell these things to people who's stories aren't worth helping, and this story is worth it so far.
Shannz chapter 22 . 5/28/2007
Wow, this was amazing. I absolutely loved it - though i'm still not sure about the ending...

I'm at a loss to list all of the things that I found so enjoyable. There really are too many. Suffice to say the premise, the characterizations, the humor (and Dean's snarkiness) and the understated mush were all excellently done. I see now why this had so many reviews - though that is not always an indicator of a good fic, I have found.

This was a treasured find. Thanks so much for a thoroughly enjoyable and well written fic. I spent way too much time on my long Memorial Day weekend reading this when I should have been doing other things. I don't regret it though ;)

Awesome fic!

-shan
Galadh chapter 22 . 5/11/2007
Oh my god that was AMAZING! It's just gone one in the morning, and I really should be in bed, asleep, but I couldn't COULDN'T leave the story half way through!

Wow.
Xdaisy chainX chapter 22 . 4/18/2007
WOW! WHAT a ride! jesus

this has to be one of THE most well written and well thought out fics iv ever read!

tis soo awesome! wow

uber kudos and many cookies raining upon your head!

congrats on getting the winchesters characters perfectly matching to their ages!

wooww..yeah

XsarahX
Marvin is my Muse chapter 22 . 4/18/2007
Wow! Great story! Poor Dean though! Will he ever get his 'powers' back? Like in an AU or something? It was so cool to think of him like that! Again though, Great Story!

-Marvin
D chapter 22 . 4/13/2007
wow!

gr8 story!
kamelion chapter 22 . 4/12/2007
The Guardian. I LOVE it. Wouldn't be surprised to find this very accurate in the tv verse.

Amazing, well thought-out story. I truly enjoyed reading it!
purehalo chapter 22 . 4/10/2007
What an ending! I want more!

But you've brought this to a great part to end and i thank you for an amazing story!

Looking forward to your next one ;o)

x
sunnyjunedays chapter 22 . 4/9/2007
Hi, Great ending to a great story. You write the characters so well. I had seen this story on the site for a while but didn't read because it was pre-series and i didn't think i would enjoy it but i was wrong it was brilliant and the icing on the cake is that it is a multi-chapter fic which i love. Hope to read more from you soon. x
Sierra Nichole chapter 22 . 4/9/2007
Wow. What an ending! This story was amazing, you're an incredible writer, I really enjoyed every second of it. And thanks again for letting me post it :)
NovemberSGA chapter 22 . 4/8/2007
Great final chapter. You write so well I find myself hoping for more. (So please forgive me - you may be ready for the story to end, but, it's so good I wasn't)

The story was beyond excellent and was well paced. I found the characters to be exactly as they should be and all had an outstanding depth and dimension to them. Awesome detail and character introspection made me feel as if I were right there. Great job immersing the reader into the story.

I loved John in this story. He was all fatherly and protective. Sam was good in this too. He doted over his brother and worried for his well being. (Sam makes a good mother hen for Dean. haha)

I feel so bad for Dean though. He seem to have lost something important that he can't recover no matter how hard he works.

I know he doesn't have superpowers in the show, but I didn't really feel like he had them here either. He does have an uncanny ability...an instinct...if you will on the show that is usually right on and this is what I equated it to in the story. (Which was my own perception and apparently not where you were taking the story...sorry. My bad!) Which is why I guess I feel a little like Dean at the end of this story. A little strange different, incomplete. Almost like it's open for a sequel. (I'm not trying to be pushy...that's just how it feels.)

Dean is Sam's guardian, his protector. A path set at the age of four. Dean picked up the torch and never looked back.

Dean is not supernatural but, he is more than a regular person. He has an exceptionally stong will and perseverenace. He has rare instincts and an unwavering sense of right and wrong. It's only when his family is directly threatened that things become difficult.

DEAN: (Saving Sam Devil's Trap)For you or dad, the things I'm willing to do...it scares me sometimes.

SAM: Dean, you didn't have a choice...

Dean has a strong spirit and a special soul. He puts all others before himself.

Family first, always.

The job is important, but not at all cost.

The job is more important that what Dean wants for himself. He has dreams, but not at the cost of innocents lives.

Sammy and Dad - first and foremost.

Saving innocents lives - the job.

Everyone else

Then Dean. Maybe if there's nothing else in the world to save or do.

His entire life has been devoted to his family, their well being and safety, and saving lives, destroying evil.

Dean's a great guy and you write him really well. John and Sam too. I love stories where his family gets to return the favor and take care of him. Make me feel all nice and warm inside.

You have written the absolute best story and best hurtDean I've ever read...

Thank you so much for all of your hard work...I have benefited from it greatly. It has been a complete joy to read. Of course I've developed a nervous bouncing knee due to the suspense and I keep a box of tissues handy for the heartbreaking moments.

Beautifully written. I just can't say enough about this story.

Thanks again.
ciel4 chapter 22 . 4/7/2007
I am SO glad you wrote this epilogue, it finished off a great story with a real have done such a terrific job with this piece of work - it was really enjoyable from start to end. It broke my heart for Dean a little bit, and that's great writing. Loved this part:

Other than the physical stuff, and the psychological results of that, Dean was back to his old self. Or at least tried. He annoyed the hell out of his little brother, took care of his car, reluctantly helped researching more jobs and picked up chicks – that part seemed to work just fine, by the way. John could have lived with that part getting a little slower.

And I agree 100% with the witch: Dean Winchester is definitely more that just another human! Well done, you. Next, please?
deletethisreview chapter 22 . 4/7/2007
I don't usually read much pre-series fanfiction, not really sure why, probably because I've never found any that particularly interested me but this... this was something out of what I usually read both in that sense and the sense that it's so long! As much of a fanfik-addict as I am I don't really read very long fictions, and if I do I can't review them because I usually save them to read on my non-internet enabled computer where I can read a page here and a page there and then I completely forget about reviewing! I forced myself to read this in one sitting and then... well here I am!

You managed to keep them all brilliantly in character and as much as that ending says to readers 'sequel! sequel!' it was a fantastic way of concluding it. I really like your style of writing, it flowed very well and everything in it was just... perfect! Well done!

Keep up the excellent work! :P

~Red~

PS wow, long review, most was rambling but hey! :D
Seriously Sam chapter 22 . 4/7/2007
I'm so sad that this is over with. I know all good things must come to an end, but I'm not ready to deal with it yet. No more chapters, no sequel. Geeze. How cruel? Anyways, you did a really great job with this story. It flowed beautifully and there was wonderful tie-ins to the actual show. I can imagine this actually happen in the canon world. Great job.
Hellgirl77 chapter 22 . 4/7/2007
First let me say that was a chapter that was too good for words. Now, here comes the other part. How can you leave it like that? Honestly, Dean was the Guardian and now he's not. And exactly what is the Guardian? That was so cruel! You know you could write a sequel anyway, but you don't have too. I'm not one of those people who'll bug you about it. I'm mainly here to bug you about the chapter. Now that I'm done yelling at you I can tell you the good things. Dean's okay, that's good. Sam and John are fighting,... ueh not so good. But I guess Dean's okay if he can still pick up girls with no problem. It was one hell of a story. I loved it and I'm sure others did too!
953 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »