Reviews for The Wine of Ages
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Hi there, Cori! I've wanted to stop by and check out your stories for a while, but I'm busy much of the time that it's hard for me to put in enough time for a proper review, especially for stories that are really long and need enough time for me to read and understand what happens in them. I always like lengthy reviews on my own stories and essays, and while not everyone is the same, reviews regardless are great, though I do prefer positive over negative ones.

I like this as a way to twist the ending of the film, especially since it'd make you wonder just exactly what would have happened if it took the wine a longer amount of time to kill Barkis. Like I said in my essay, having Barkis killed was necessary to free Victoria from their marriage so she could be with Victor again, and it set Emily free. His death ensured that two potential deaths were not necessary for Emily to gain her freedom. :) With how you end the story here, it makes me think of when Victor let that butterfly go at the start of the film. Heck, they still seem to have a recurrence before the end as a way of symbolizing freedom, and I noticed that they seem to be the only thing in the Land of the Living that actually has more noticeable hints of color, unlike all other things and people. Good story here. ;)
LetImaginationGo chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
That ending... all of it together... it fit so perfectly! Oh my gosh I'm crying right now... Good way to make a story sad. I'm glad Victor wasn't dead forever...
Dr. Anna Laufreyson chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
O.O
HOLYGODTHIWASAWESOME!
ElphabaFaye chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Lovely, as always, my friend :) Very deep and emotional. I loved it!
LikeAMillionParachutes chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
THis was great..but you're a tease.
For a minute...I was so hopeful...the movie didn't end how I wanted it too :/
Flaming Trails chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
So, I've read both the old and new versions, and -

I'm sorry, but I much preferred the old one. I think I know what you were trying to do with this revised version - more descriptions, more - atmosphere? - and it works in some spots. Emily breaking into butterflies is lovely, and I like some of the description about Victor waiting for Emily to finish her vows.

But a lot of it just sounds way, WAY too flowery for me. The phrasing got way too complicated in spots - too many words. I liked the directness of the old version a lot better. Simpler is sometimes better. Some sentences are just too short, others too long. . . (And there's this: "He seemed to understood that. . ." Understood?) Also, I miss the explanation from the old version - Victoria's moment of realization - but maybe the story doesn't actually need it. I dunno.

Sorry again, but this version just doesn't work for me.
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Aw! That was beautiful! Emily giving herself up to save Victor! Great job! Brava!
RevelationToBehold68 chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This was a really cool concept-Emily giving her life to Victor. It was so sweet. Good job! I applaud!
Dr. Llama chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Th-that was absolutely gorgeous!

I almost started crying when Victoria was leaned over and weeping upon Victor's body,especially when Emily gave her soul for Victor's.

Beautiful,truly beautiful.

The ending should have been like this!

This one is very professional,and could very likely pass as an ending.

And now,I shall subscribe to your awesomeness.

Why?

Because I can.

;)
Laihi chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
this is a very good story...I liked the ending. Good Job. .
Alga chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Again, congratulatios! You have a knack for making characters alive - oh, well, even those who are not supposed to be :) And vocab - I love it! beautiful story!
Voidangel Soren chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
I loved the movie and I ABSOLUTLY ADORE this fic!

It should have been the way the movie ended, but it has to be good for the kiddies, I guess.

Seriously though, it was...like I could see this fic playing on a screen as I was reading!

MOAR!

Soren
No One Knows chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
This was a good read. At 13, you're quite a good writer. Remember to tone down the monologues sometimes, because they can be awkward, but otherwise this was very enjoyable. Keep writing. :)
typicalRAinbow chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
thats brilliant. would have been so cool if the film had ended like that...althouth i think that would have been difficult to animate
Foi chapter 1 . 7/30/2007