Reviews for Hopelessly Ever After
Guest chapter 5 . 9/28/2016
"see the woman in her" lol this is gross you're a gross
Guest chapter 13 . 4/16/2016
I'm sorry, I tried reading this... thing, and while your writing is okay from a technical standpoint your character is just obnoxious. She's like a retarded kid that can't even figure out the most basic stuff (so wise and all-knowing Xan can explain it?)
Lord Rumfish chapter 24 . 4/11/2014
Keep this beautiful story going, Arabellaesque. I love the characterizations and the gradual pacing of the romance. I admit I've already read the story twice because something about it captures me, above and beyond Xan being one of my favorite characters in Baldur's Gate. I am a fan, and I would love to see more.
Yannawr chapter 24 . 11/13/2013
God, I even don't know english enough to explain how much I like your fanfic (it's true, I really don't know haha), but I need to tell you I like it a lot. Xan is my favorite character from BG, so I love read fanfics about him, and your fanfic is pretty amazing.
I just hope that you continue the story, really :)
Kulyok chapter 24 . 7/24/2013
And Coran's making mischief, all right! Heheh, the guy'd better learn to lock the door! Loved "How Khalid Met Jaheira" sub-story. Great chapter!
Kulyok chapter 23 . 7/23/2013
And you're continuing! I've been writing for Xan, too - six PC conversations for two new quest mods, including Sellswords. :) And three talks for PC and Imoen - I'm warming up to her, strangely enough.

I like the sexy monk robe description. And the ending. For some reason, my mind went back to Reclaiming: I was reminded of that Xan-Jaheira conversation about his torture in the Underdark. Probably because their relationship is so different here. And Coran and Yeslick? Heheh. I think these two will manage some mischief yet!
Coutelier chapter 22 . 7/13/2013
'They walked mostly in silence after they left Caqndlekeep'... it's the one typo I spotted. Otherwise, very nice. I liked the flashback to the start.
Kulyok chapter 20 . 7/8/2013
And you're updating this one, as well! I'm thinking I should put you on Author Alert, lest I miss anything else cool and important.

Now I feel sorry for Coran. Coran! You evil, evil author, what are you doing to me? :) But seriously, Xan and Nuila are together, plot advances seemlessly... things are just too good. Unless Xan had a child in this universe instead of Coran, I foresee a straight path to the happy ending. :)))
someone chapter 19 . 8/7/2012
Please update! I love this story!
Bre'Lakor chapter 19 . 12/20/2009
Is this story not being continued anymore...? I love it regardless, thank you!
keebler-elmo chapter 19 . 2/2/2009
You really have a great story here. I absolutely love your portrayal of Xan, the long suffering pessimism is great. Nuila is a realistic character, though at this point in the story I find the emphasis on her inexperience to be excessive. Imoen's delving into the magic arts is a great gradual transition. I look forward to seeing what become of Coran and just the future of the group as a whole. Keep up the great work and update soon.
dantesdarkqueen chapter 19 . 10/14/2008
You know, I really hope you find the time to update this ASAP. Xan was one of the more interesting characters of the original BG, though admittedly he never stayed in my groups too long (I prefered Dynaheir's evocations to his lack thereof), and I was a little sad that he wasn't brought back for BG2, not even as an NPC. Outside of the mod, I mean. And I'm quite amused at the character interactions in this story. Tiax (whom I normally despise outside of Spellhold) made me laugh quite often, Imoen's pranks are amusing, and I'm loving this portrayal of Coran, one of my favorite characters. I was a little disappointed when Khalid and Jaheira were booted out early, but it's nice to see them back, all the same. Nuila is a bit too naive and innocent for my liking, but she is still a well-rounded character and definitely shows potential for growth. Her relationship with Xan brings out part of his personality that hadn't occurred to me before; I always envisioned him in romance as either dragging himself along while replying to every inquiry "we're doomed, so what's the point?" or shouting "WE'RE DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED!" and shaking the PC in order to make her understand. I do want to download and play the Xan romance mod for BG2, but first I need to get a new copy of ToB.

I can definately understand life getting in the way of one's hobbies, but please UPDATE SOON!

-Queen
Kelenthial chapter 19 . 8/18/2008
Heyo!

So, I get to review after a loong break! But I was reading all the time!... just when it comes to actually writing, my mind twists itself upside out and... well. That applies to everything, not only reviews, btw.

So, you DID include Coran, after all. Not surprised. I actually would have preferred if you didn't make a total arse out of him for convenience sake - it would be nice to see him and Xan battling as last time, only this time Xan winning, because there is NO Hanali unnatural presence around (and, yes, I finally broke and read the two stories of Maiyn in full - ask if you are curious of my opinions, because reviewing some 150 chapters... well... And, btw, your writing style did improve, looking at HEA - it is meant as a compliment, btw, I am not saying it was bad in the first place, just... practice makes the master, I guess? So, please, do write more!)and because what Coran would be looking for, truly, under his charming demeanour would be a few-nights fling. And because Nuila is not Mayin (you even went as far as to make the first one brunette and the second one blonde? Polar opposites, aren't they meant to be?:). Hm.

Your Jaheira is very similar in both stories, but since I have always liked her, it is not an issue for me.

So, anyway, not wasting your time, and waiting (not so) patiently to see how you will resolve the Coran vs Xan problem. I think it would make a nice counterweight to fluffiness if it were a longer-than-few chapters conflict - but not as angsty or...well... cliff-hanging one as in Maiyn's case (I must say I developed quite a distaste for the girl because of her constant indecisiveness; I like Nuila far more, even if she is twice as naive as Maiyn).

So, that being said I read your other stories as well and... well. Coran here, Coran there, Coran everywhere. I have nothing against writing things in OC-ish way (as far as there is a valid interpretation of the NPCs not just characters bearing their names), so Lene's tale is a niece piece, in its refreshing randomness. There is no one better for the girl than Coran, too (imho Lene and Coran are a far better couple than Coran and Maiyn). So, heads up. But first - a chapter here, please? it is already more than 2 months... Um... what say you? *gives her a cookie in hope of being ...persuasive*
Nightmare731 chapter 19 . 7/24/2008
Och.

I love Baldur's Gate. I'm addicted to it, definitely. And when I had played Xan's mod first time I really loved this grumbling elf. And yes, I started to write the whole story abot it, but I've never end it. Of course, I was writting in my native language and only for my ill fascynation.

When I've just saw the title of Your story I thought: och, that surely be great!

And it is, really. I like Your Xan and Niula, and others. And Imoen of course. I was just a little disappointed, by Your creation of Kivan, becouse it is one of my favourites characters. Nonetheless I would be very, very happy if You wrote next part. I'm curious how You'll continue this story, and hope You'll write something soon.
Ananke Adrasteia chapter 19 . 6/14/2008
...finally, a moment of time... I'm reading! I'm reading! Even with this Coran. I don't like this Coran. Mind, I also think you should finish Kairos, Mairyn's story, and write a best-seller, or your own indie game, and earn money for your writing skill...

...but that's just me, who, incidentally, hasn't been able to write a word for months. :/

So, just cheering you up, and thanking you! (I want Mairyn's Coran, though!)