Reviews for Becoming Invisible
elanurel chapter 6 . 12/9/2006
And Dean's back in the game! The fact that he automatically goes into "head injury diagnosis" mode...and then hits big brother big-time. I'm happy you brought the story back to the brother dynamic after fracturing it for a little bit. Even so, you kept him cranky: “What is it with you trying to bash your brains out tonight?” he groused sourly. Ah, grumpy Dean.

I love that Dean went back to thinking about Sam and Stanford, how much he changed when he was away. Stories that explore the dynamic based on them still learning how to deal with the lost years are ones that I like best.

“You better not be thinking about puking in my car brat. You hear me?” So we're sharing the same brain now? “You throw up back there, Charlie, and I’ll kick you out on your ass.” First we use the same names, and now we pretty much have Dean expressing the same sentiment. Great minds and all that. ;-P

We need more Drunk!Sammy in the world. We do. Your take on him was brilliant. The comment about the hotel light actually had me snort loud enough for my husband to ask, "What are you doing?" But it's still hard to know that underneath all of that, Sam is wondering how he messed up again and he's too far gone to hear Dean call him Sammy. (Especially since I suspect Dean waited deliberately on purpose.) Excellent characterization of Dean and Sam in that scene, my friend.

The scene where Sam wakes up and thinks Dean has left him. Man. No words, man. Just heartbreaking.

But the part where he remembers Candy? Priceless.

You know what's sad? Papa Winchester did what he to do to keep the boys alive and train them, but neither of them believe they had any worth in his eyes... Sam always thinks that Dean was his favorite, and Dean often thinks the same. Poor boys.

You're writing a follow-up, right? Because ending it like this: As he took another long slug he prayed for a miracle to keep him safe, letting the tears fall silently, fighting against despair as he tried steel himself for the battle ahead. He was not ready for this. Neither of them were.

No, Roz. That's not very nice.
WonderWithMe chapter 6 . 12/7/2006
Great ending...Now all we have to do is wait to find out what the secret is !
bally2cute chapter 6 . 12/6/2006
Oh, does that mean another story is coming? I feel bad for both Winchesters. It's hard to be the different one in your family, especially when it's not an overall society view of being a "bad" different. I guess I mean like academic Sam is different from badass demon hunting Dean and papa Winchester. It's good that Sam had Dean, seeing the way Sam thought his dad felt about him. And I guess there in lies the problem with the way Dean had been treating his brother and the big, dirty secret he has from papa Winchester. I think that is going to be so messy when that little piece of information comes out. They're just going to have to stick together. I love your working, and I'm looking forward to more from you.
Dragonflysoul chapter 6 . 12/6/2006
*sniff* WONDERFUL story! So many priceless lines.

Do you want to know about Candy. She kept squeezing me …”

GhostBehindYou chapter 6 . 12/6/2006
Its over? So soon! Wow. I loved this story, would have liked to know what would have happened in the morning, but it was a good place to end. This made me anxious about the 'secret' about Sam... Really hoping it won't tear the boys apart. Anyway, good job with this. Really well written. x
J.A. Carlton chapter 6 . 12/6/2006
Oh God Roz! You made actual tears come out of my eyes!

Beautiful job woman... absolutely beautiful! So angst heavy... so very much... The Day that Went Awry...

God what's gona happen between and to those boys...

Can't wait for your next foray... and glad you mentioned Gravity... Glad to see you keeping your own continuity!

See you soon sweetie!

Thanks for the awesome read!

Faye Dartmouth chapter 6 . 12/6/2006 finished another fic! And how wonderfully you drew it to a close!

So much of this season has touched on things but never developed them-especially when it comes to Sam's grief and despair. Which is what I love about this story. You allow Sam's grief to take center stage and for Dean to realize just how poorly Sam is coping with things. I know and respect Dean's working his own stuff out, but the complete lack of attention to Sam's state of mind is somewhat disconcerting.

And I would like to think that if something ever were to happen to Sam, Dean's attention would shift back to his brother. He'd still have his own problems and be angry and frustrated with Sam-but they love each other, above all else.

What a lovely image-Dean dragging Sam's limp body back to the car :) That one never gets old for me.

Sam's concern for his brother is also so heartening-even when he's drunk and tired and hurt himself, his concerns lie for his brother. That's just the order of things in the universe.

And beautiful ending conversation-a very satisfying tie off to all the issues that have been boiling the first half of this season. I do hope we get something like this from Kripke eventually, just to sate all us crazy fangirls :)

In the end, brilliantly done, Roz. Keep on pimping the limp :)

carocali chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
The end? No way! I want to see what happens in the morning!

What a beautiful twist of emotions woven around these moments. The guilt, the fear, the love unspoken. You can dig these out so well and I love to watch your stories unfold. The title fit so well with Sam's emotions about the events that happened with Dean and with his father:

"Wiping away a tear Sam snuffled deeper into the blanket turning away from his brother as he added. “Dad only paid any attention to me after Farnborough when I screwed up enough for him to shout at me. And I’ll tell you a little secret - I would deliberately set him off so that at least he would notice me for a time. It must have been nice not to have been so freaking invisible with him.”"

A nice moment that you added to emphasize your point.

I think you need another chapter, but I'll leave that up to you. As long as I know that you have something else in the works, I'll be happy as a clam. Well, maybe a lark, clams can't really be all the happy, can they?

Wonderful, beautiful, amazing story! Well done!

beyondtired chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
Loved the chapter - loved the whole story. I'm sensing unresolved issues, though. Maybe a sequel?

Excellent story. Sam seems just so tired and I love how you've portrayed him with just this kind of weary acceptance and resignation. If there is a sequel, I hope Dean wakes up and smells the coffee.

Loved it. Hope to see more (seriously, cause I'm really good at begging - okay, my husband calls it whining but I say potayto, potahto).
Raven524 chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
WOW...sniffs loudly. Talk about emotional roller coaster! Well at least the boys are together at the end. This was a great story. You really know how to put us throught the emotional wringer.

I hope you're planning another!
Freefall chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
Very well written!
LynyrdSkynyrdRoadie chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
Wait, THE END? You're gonna leave there? No! I want-no I NEED more!*sticks bottom lip out and huffs*
SilverStorm06 chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
That was so good, I was almost crying. Loved the story! :)
Phx chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
I have to admit I was surprised by the ending.

I had been waiting/hoping for Dean to finally talk to Sam, maybe even apologize for treating Sam the way he has been, but Dean didn't. He did listen, but Sam did all the talking and in the end it didn't feel - to me anyways - they had resolved anything except that Dean understood a bit better about how much pain Sam was carrying. It made me sad. Sniff. Sniff.

Dawn Vesper chapter 6 . 12/5/2006
not a very happy ending but it def. fits! iloved it! and normally im a sap for happy endings but im really not in the mood for one right now so this worked out perfectly...great story very well written and i hope to read more from you soon-got any other stories planned?

167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »