Reviews for Within My Hands
die Otter chapter 1 . 4/6
The last guest review was mine, I don't know why logged me out ;)
Another masterpiece of yours! The plot was very intersting with a lot of surprises, the nightmare witch being the biggest of them. I was sure the action was over with the death of Cale, while the real fun only began there. I also loved the way you described locations, it really felt like New Orleans (I've never been there, but I could really feel the local color). The Coulees were also interesting, multidimensional characers. But as far as the OCs are concerned, Brenna is still my favourite. I love her relation with Dean as well as the way she serves as a kind of insight into what happens in Dean's head, and you're a master of describing it, hearbreaking yet beautifully true.
somersault-j chapter 8 . 11/14/2013
YOU ARE FUCKING AWESOME, YOU KNOW THAT! I love your stories!

Loved the backstory with Joss, Judah and their parents and what Dean did back then! And then going back there and facing the nightmare witch AND BRENNA! Second story with her and I still love her :)

Yes, I have to say it...you hurt him so fucking good, every single time. Poor Dean!

Loved the whole story :D
SPNReadingManiac chapter 8 . 10/6/2013
Another very well-told tale, thank you for sharing the visions of your imagination and the insights into the Winchesters.
Nadamalki chapter 8 . 6/30/2013
Amazing! I'm gonna be shell-shocked for a while after reading this, it moved something in me! The gaelic part of it added such a twist and elevated the whole story... Love it! And Dean, goodness you just made me love him even more!
Thank you for sharing this...
shookenuppepsi chapter 8 . 4/20/2013
I love how you brought Brenna back. Your ties to Dean's past hunts were great too, tying in the angst of John and all that too. And your ending line: "it's good to be home." I got shivers. So good.
game-on-panda chapter 8 . 10/24/2012
Knock out brilliant. Suspense, horror, spooky environments, and great characters. So glad to see you bringing Brenna back in for this one, as she's a phenomenal character in her own right. You've nailed the brothers' personalities and their quirks, and the introduction of other characters is handled skillfully. Excellent work.
Buxom Bard chapter 8 . 8/29/2012
You. Totally. Rock.

Wow. Just...wow.

I absolutely loved this one! Brenna's timing when she showed up? So awesome. And her line? 'I hope I'm interupting something' seriously great. Is this series still active at all, our of curiosity? Or have you finished it?
heaven shadow chapter 8 . 7/8/2012
Thoroughly enjoyed but just a tiny bit heart-broken for Dean with that last line of the Impala being home to him. Then again, I couldn't imagine any other place for him!
FallenAngel218 chapter 5 . 6/1/2012
With everything Dean is going through, physically and emotionally, the first thing he says to Brenna is, "You cut your hair." I love it! It was great comic relief for the end of this chapter. :)
FallenAngel218 chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
Oh my goodness! I'm on the edge of my seat! Breathing so hard for Dean!

I decided to scroll down to the beginning of your story list, as I noticed you had a lot of "episodes" going on in some of them. I'm so glad I read this one!
afickleflakes chapter 8 . 12/28/2011
HI THERE. :D

I liked this one too. BRENNA IS AWESOME. :P

she's badass and nice to Dean and their chemistry is explosive.

great job once again

I'mma look for more of your fics. ./addicted

see you next fic!
sockie1000 chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
wow- I got to read two of your stories in two days. there are some benefits to being sick. :grin:

another great story. really liked that you brought brenna back for this one- you do such a wonderful job crafting your ocs.

now, off to find another gem... and I hope you're cool with getting reviews 5 years after the fact. ;)
nupinoop296 chapter 8 . 7/24/2011
"After a moment, he heard the unmistakable sound of Dean singing. He leaned forward a bit to listen, trying to figure out what it was. When he recognized Kansas' "Carry On My Wayward Son," Sam had to grin. No matter how much life threw him around, Dean still bounced."

Right there. My heart panged. I can't think of that song anymore without crying thanks to this show. XD

Another great that I really enjoyed. I love how Dean is still protective of Sam even when HE'S the one in trouble, and how protective Sam is in return. I just wish Dean would realize that he DOES have worth. :(

I really enjoy how your characters flow and just weave right in with the canon universe. It was nice to see Brenna again!
metallideangrl chapter 8 . 6/10/2011
Once again, gaelic, superb job. Loved the story. I love it when stories bring up hunts that Dean did while Sam was away at Stanford. Such a mine of possibilities and giving a story to Dean's hunt in New Orleans right before he got back with Sam was fantastic. Dean, trying to be the hero again, always sacrificing himself and thinking he is less worthy to be saved than others. Dean, Dean, Dean, when will you get a clue.

There was so much I loved about this story, it's hard to think of them all. Enjoyed the characterizations of Joss and Judah and their similarities. Didn't like it too much when Beth wanted to kill Dean instead of trusting him and Sam that they could destroy the witch. Loved it though, how Sam got all protective and what perfect timing for Brenna to enter the story. That was just awesome the way Sam and Brenna held them at bay, loved that whole scene.

This story really brought out the power that our minds can hold. Dean being able to ward off the Voudoun as long as he did was phenomenal. We have such a great power all within our minds to do and overcome so much, so much of which we rarely ever utilize. This one and your story 'Holding On to Let Go' really display the power of the mind, and Dean really displays that power well.

I loved it how you made the reunion in Shadow of Dean, Sam and John be Dean's safe place. I love that scene and even thinking about it, brings out the tears. Finally the Winchester's have reunited and when Dean and John walk to each other and embrace - man, that gets me every time. I always end up watching that scene numerous times and slowing it down to catch every single second. So, when this became the part of Dean's life that he could escape to and remember to help him battle the Voudoun was perfect for me.

And the ending, how Brenna was the conduit for getting Sam into Dean's mind so the brothers could defeat this witch together. Genius. The brothers are definitely stronger together and are capable of so much when they work as a team.

I also really like Brenna and the affect she has on Dean and how in a small way she has been able to help Dean heal in a small way. Would love to see a character like her in the actual show. That would be cool.

Again, loved the story. I have only two stories left to read of yours and then I think I will have read everything. Gosh, what am I going to do without a gaelic fic to read. Well, probably read some of the other 2,000 fics I have bookmarked. :)