Reviews for Within My Hands
sockie1000 chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
wow- I got to read two of your stories in two days. there are some benefits to being sick. :grin:

another great story. really liked that you brought brenna back for this one- you do such a wonderful job crafting your ocs.

now, off to find another gem... and I hope you're cool with getting reviews 5 years after the fact. ;)
nupinoop296 chapter 8 . 7/24/2011
"After a moment, he heard the unmistakable sound of Dean singing. He leaned forward a bit to listen, trying to figure out what it was. When he recognized Kansas' "Carry On My Wayward Son," Sam had to grin. No matter how much life threw him around, Dean still bounced."

Right there. My heart panged. I can't think of that song anymore without crying thanks to this show. XD

Another great that I really enjoyed. I love how Dean is still protective of Sam even when HE'S the one in trouble, and how protective Sam is in return. I just wish Dean would realize that he DOES have worth. :(

I really enjoy how your characters flow and just weave right in with the canon universe. It was nice to see Brenna again!
metallideangrl chapter 8 . 6/10/2011
Once again, gaelic, superb job. Loved the story. I love it when stories bring up hunts that Dean did while Sam was away at Stanford. Such a mine of possibilities and giving a story to Dean's hunt in New Orleans right before he got back with Sam was fantastic. Dean, trying to be the hero again, always sacrificing himself and thinking he is less worthy to be saved than others. Dean, Dean, Dean, when will you get a clue.

There was so much I loved about this story, it's hard to think of them all. Enjoyed the characterizations of Joss and Judah and their similarities. Didn't like it too much when Beth wanted to kill Dean instead of trusting him and Sam that they could destroy the witch. Loved it though, how Sam got all protective and what perfect timing for Brenna to enter the story. That was just awesome the way Sam and Brenna held them at bay, loved that whole scene.

This story really brought out the power that our minds can hold. Dean being able to ward off the Voudoun as long as he did was phenomenal. We have such a great power all within our minds to do and overcome so much, so much of which we rarely ever utilize. This one and your story 'Holding On to Let Go' really display the power of the mind, and Dean really displays that power well.

I loved it how you made the reunion in Shadow of Dean, Sam and John be Dean's safe place. I love that scene and even thinking about it, brings out the tears. Finally the Winchester's have reunited and when Dean and John walk to each other and embrace - man, that gets me every time. I always end up watching that scene numerous times and slowing it down to catch every single second. So, when this became the part of Dean's life that he could escape to and remember to help him battle the Voudoun was perfect for me.

And the ending, how Brenna was the conduit for getting Sam into Dean's mind so the brothers could defeat this witch together. Genius. The brothers are definitely stronger together and are capable of so much when they work as a team.

I also really like Brenna and the affect she has on Dean and how in a small way she has been able to help Dean heal in a small way. Would love to see a character like her in the actual show. That would be cool.

Again, loved the story. I have only two stories left to read of yours and then I think I will have read everything. Gosh, what am I going to do without a gaelic fic to read. Well, probably read some of the other 2,000 fics I have bookmarked. :)
Zinfer chapter 8 . 4/11/2011
Another awesome story! I'm moving right along to the next on XD
Bartlebead chapter 3 . 2/15/2011
This is great. Thanks!
Mzzmarie chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
"His dark side shook her, and his light blinded her. The dichotomy of both existing inside of the one man explained so much to her in that fraction of a second. His light would always win, because it was shining on his family. But she could see the constant struggle to overcome the dark – and if the focus of the light were ever removed, she feared for him. If his father or brother were ever taken from him, Dean's fight with the darkness inside of him would be epic."

...soooooo good. Thank-you
LittleLurker chapter 8 . 9/9/2010
Loved this story! ...everything about it. Honestly.

And even though I'm pretty sure that you do know by now, but just to answer your last AN: I not only loved the pacing (it was perfect!) and the length (even though I should be sleeping at least part of the time I'm actually reading your stories) but everything else about it, too. You just portray them and especially their relationship beautifully and I love your dialogues and also the silent conversations between them. You're doing an absolutly great job!

Once again thanks for writing and sharing. Best wishes and take care!

PS: I like that you use different languages to better characterise people, but I DO LOVE Gaelic (and thus Brenna) and not just since reading your stories... I don't even know why, I'm German, don't understand Gaelic, never learned it, but I just love its sound, especially Gaelic songs. So, just another reason for me in hoping you write more SN-stories with your druid Brenna. I'm sure that anything you come up with will make a wonderful story. You're one hell of a storyteller!
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 8 . 8/31/2010
Loved it. Bittersweet in some ways but yet still wonderful. And we can't always have totally happy endings,can we? It gets too sugary too quick. I personally don't do the syrupy sweet stuff. Give me the hot stuff and seasoning every time.:D

And being home is with Sam, back in the car, back on the road for Dean. I think he has some wanderlust in him. Some people do.

Thanks for the wonderful story,I really enjoyed reading it. :)
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 6 . 8/30/2010
Yes, it makes a lot of sense this way. Totally different than what I was expecting. Thank you.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 5 . 8/30/2010
Thank you for taking us into Dean's nightmares. I was going to ask for that next, But you anticipated me. Now I'm wondering if this is going to become a showdown between Brenna and that dreamwitch or if Brenna will be able to help Dean rally so He can defeat her.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
Oh Gaelic Spirit, poor Dean, you're really putting him and Sam through the wringer. Now you've got me wondering just where is "Home" for Dean? So sad for him. But you know what? In some ways I can understand that. Because after all is said and done, our family is our only true home. A house can be replaced. Family can't. So I still think that no matter where Sammy is,that's where home is for Dean. Your stories have a beautiful way of portraying that. Thank you.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 3 . 8/28/2010
I can't help but think that having Sammy go back there would make Dean more vulnerable to being fearful because he'd be worried about Sam's safety. But at the same time I can't see Sammy have others fight his battles for him while he did nothing.

Hmmmmm, good Catch-22 you have going here. You reader abuser you! LOL

C'est la Vie I guess.:)
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 2 . 8/28/2010
Oh boy, another good one, I can already tell. :) Funny how I've got "Eye Of The Tiger" playing when a panther is mentioned in your story. Are we like psychically linked or what? Awkward...

Haylia Jones chapter 8 . 8/1/2010
glad you brought Brenna back, that was nice, the whole thing was good and I'm going to read another.
CalamityJim chapter 8 . 4/3/2010
Okay, so final thoughts.

That story was amazing. I love your characterization. It was solid and dynamic. The entire plotline was original and well executed. Truth be told I squeed a little bit. Great story. :)
303 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »