Reviews for Within My Hands
LittleLurker chapter 8 . 9/9/2010
Loved this story! ...everything about it. Honestly.

And even though I'm pretty sure that you do know by now, but just to answer your last AN: I not only loved the pacing (it was perfect!) and the length (even though I should be sleeping at least part of the time I'm actually reading your stories) but everything else about it, too. You just portray them and especially their relationship beautifully and I love your dialogues and also the silent conversations between them. You're doing an absolutly great job!

Once again thanks for writing and sharing. Best wishes and take care!

Daniela

PS: I like that you use different languages to better characterise people, but I DO LOVE Gaelic (and thus Brenna) and not just since reading your stories... I don't even know why, I'm German, don't understand Gaelic, never learned it, but I just love its sound, especially Gaelic songs. So, just another reason for me in hoping you write more SN-stories with your druid Brenna. I'm sure that anything you come up with will make a wonderful story. You're one hell of a storyteller!
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 8 . 8/31/2010
Loved it. Bittersweet in some ways but yet still wonderful. And we can't always have totally happy endings,can we? It gets too sugary too quick. I personally don't do the syrupy sweet stuff. Give me the hot stuff and seasoning every time.:D

And being home is with Sam, back in the car, back on the road for Dean. I think he has some wanderlust in him. Some people do.

Thanks for the wonderful story,I really enjoyed reading it. :)
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 6 . 8/30/2010
Yes, it makes a lot of sense this way. Totally different than what I was expecting. Thank you.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 5 . 8/30/2010
Thank you for taking us into Dean's nightmares. I was going to ask for that next, But you anticipated me. Now I'm wondering if this is going to become a showdown between Brenna and that dreamwitch or if Brenna will be able to help Dean rally so He can defeat her.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
Oh Gaelic Spirit, poor Dean, you're really putting him and Sam through the wringer. Now you've got me wondering just where is "Home" for Dean? So sad for him. But you know what? In some ways I can understand that. Because after all is said and done, our family is our only true home. A house can be replaced. Family can't. So I still think that no matter where Sammy is,that's where home is for Dean. Your stories have a beautiful way of portraying that. Thank you.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 3 . 8/28/2010
I can't help but think that having Sammy go back there would make Dean more vulnerable to being fearful because he'd be worried about Sam's safety. But at the same time I can't see Sammy have others fight his battles for him while he did nothing.

Hmmmmm, good Catch-22 you have going here. You reader abuser you! LOL

C'est la Vie I guess.:)
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 2 . 8/28/2010
Oh boy, another good one, I can already tell. :) Funny how I've got "Eye Of The Tiger" playing when a panther is mentioned in your story. Are we like psychically linked or what? Awkward...

lol
Haylia Jones chapter 8 . 8/1/2010
glad you brought Brenna back, that was nice, the whole thing was good and I'm going to read another.
CalamityJim chapter 8 . 4/3/2010
Okay, so final thoughts.

That story was amazing. I love your characterization. It was solid and dynamic. The entire plotline was original and well executed. Truth be told I squeed a little bit. Great story. :)
CalamityJim chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I know you wrote this story a long time ago and I haven't checked out any of your other stuff so I don't know if you are still like this, but here is my two cents.

If you are going to use a second language in a story at least use the correct words. It's oui, quatre, adieu and tu comprennes. Faking an understanding of the ennunciation is lazy, especially since you are obviously on the internet. There are free french to english dictionaries and translation sites everywhere, so it isn't a difficult task.

However, this story is really well written. You have obvious talent and despite your second language mash up this story is awesome. I know the first part of my review sounds a bit harsh but thats because this story is so amazing that it sucks to see you stumble over something that was little and easy to fix. I also like your characterization of the boys. Good job.
bhoney chapter 8 . 1/7/2010
LOVED this: "he knew with absolute certainty that if anything ever happened to Dean… if he ever lost him, he wouldn’t survive it. He’d survived Jessica because of Dean… he’d even survived the loss of their mom. But he knew the one person he couldn’t lose was his brother."

This song always makes me think of the boys: “Carry on my wayward son. There’ll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don’t you cry no more.” I hope EK will let them have rest when the series ends. Not ending it with them dead, but give them a happy ending, a peaceful one.

“Damn, it’s good to be home.” I've always thought the Impala symbolized home to Dean. Well, his family, too. But the Impala's been the one constant, even when both John and Sam have left him.

"Not all who wander are lost." Really fitting quote for the boys.

Another great story! Loved the characterization, the brotherly moments, the suspense. Nicely done! I'm adding it to my favorites.
bhoney chapter 7 . 1/7/2010
Sorry it's taken me so long to make it back to finish reviewing.

This cracked me up: "Sam was giving him the look that said I am more stubborn than you and you know it and I’m going to sit here and stare at you until I get my way. “Dude, that stopped working when you were eleven.”

“Sixteen.”

“Still.”" *snickers* Yeah, Dean's a big softie, all right.

Loved this: "He rolled his head toward Sam, looking at him and for a very brief moment letting him see what no one was allowed to see. Letting Sam see him.

Sam blinked. Don’t leave me alone in the dark. Darkness literal, darkness figurative… their lives were eternally tangled in the dark and Sam saw that his brother battled it back every minute of every day.

“Dean,” he said, his voice cracking. He took a breath and started again, “What I saw in that churchyard was my brother. I saw you defeating evil as you have done your whole life. I saw you protecting me. I saw you do it the only way you knew how.”" I love how you write the boys' relationship.

And this was great, too: "“You protecting him his whole life has kept him from having that same darkness…”

“Well, maybe at least one of us can avoid it,” his voice sounded… lost. Brenna remembered thinking when they’d stood in her garage back in Massachusetts that no one had held him in a very long time.

“Dean,” she said softly. “Sam is your innocence.”" *sigh* I wish Sam could've kept that innocence that I loved so much in him, instead of embracing his dark side like he did on the show. I hate that.

The song "House of the Rising Sun" always creeps me out, now, ever since "Roadkill" in S2. *shudders*

Nice chapter!
stilljustceci chapter 8 . 11/13/2009

*sniffle*

No, really, that was lovely.

Those boys.

*sniffle*

You know, a whole chapter of rest, sweet dreams, and sweeter lovin', topped off by a good song and the "good to be home" line? Yeah, I think you cured me of my angst attack, and I can start the next story right away!

Tomorrow. Gnight. ;)
stilljustceci chapter 7 . 11/13/2009
OMG, I'm such a poetry nerd AND a numbers nerd. Dean fitting his little crush on the number 8 into that Frost poem... that was insanely cool.

Sigh, such a lot of family angst and pain. Poor boys. So glad Brenna was there for them. And poor, poor Brenna. Doomed to love Dean... good thing she's tough enough to be alone with her worry!
stilljustceci chapter 6 . 11/13/2009
Oh, whew! *sagging with relief* That actually...almost seemed too easy. I hope I'm wrong!
312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »