Reviews for Aftermath: The Day After
AnyMoreBrightIdeasGenius chapter 2 . 3/28
I like this a lot, you write very well. Thanks for sharing your writing, I'm going to go read more of your stories!
Arcole chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
This was fabulous. I'd been toying with the idea of writing my own AE returns to Dwahvel before I read this-maybe I still will. Some of the ideas we had were very similar, the reference to Dondon for example. I never saw a puppy in the equation, but loved that particular touch! I'll do my best to stay out of your territory, but you did a wonderful job of giving us the windup we really wanted.
Tsuchi chapter 2 . 2/7/2007
'more entrenched in friendship'? Oh dear god, the poor babies...! lol. it's so true

I really like what you've done with the characters, and how you've stayed true to Artemis' (nyah, I used to call him Entreri, but I guess I can't do that anymore, now can I?) character. I can totally see this happening... nyer. it makes me happy. Update soon so that I may remain in my puddle-of-happy-goo-ness-ocity. Please?
SchattenTanzer chapter 2 . 1/23/2007
That was really good.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 2 . 11/12/2006
I am heartened to hear that you rightly consider this the seed of a longer, more fleshed out idea. It is interesting that you had the boy suggest that Selune was waiting for Artemis to right the wrong himself.
MysticForce chapter 2 . 11/12/2006
Thank you for that quote, Drizzt wisdom always makes me feel better. I liked your story, and I almost jumped when you named the dog Slayer, that's the nickname I used in my mind for Entreri LOL It's just that I think if Jarl had to find him a nickname, that would be it, and no, it's got nothing to do with Buffy. Hm, Faith and Entreri, now that's a crossover I'd like to see :)
Silverbane chapter 2 . 11/12/2006
Wow, that is the one word that sums it up, WOW. If someone had handed this to me in the form of a novel, or one of the short stories that appears in the Realms anthology books, I would swear I was reading RA Salvatore's work. You keep everything and everyone in perfect character, even (I must admit) the puppy. I too was disipointed with the ending to ROTP and this is exactly how I envisioned the story ending. However RA Salvatore isn't done with the realms, according to what he said at the book signing I attended, He has 4 more realms books on contract. One of them is already written and should be out this time next year, but the others you just don't know about. Artemis might make another appearance.
darkhelmetj chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Sorry for the horribly late review. :S

I haven't even read the book yet, but I can see how this story acts as a catharsis. Artemis absolutely bleeds emotions at the beginning, and I hate to think that RAS would leave him off in such a spot. This story has very nice flow and structure on its own, and I think it could stand alone without the book it continues from. I especially like the interactions between Artemis and Dwahvel. Lovely job on chapter one.

He's so a dog person. :P I just know it. LOL
jmi chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
YEAH! *dances*

Someone else that thought RotP couldn't end like that! *bows gratefully for the story*

I will be stalking for the next chapter and nothing says the rest of this "insta-novel" can't be lurking around waiting for "Prophecy" to be finished before it comes spilling out. *eg*
Fenen chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
I just finished RotP today, and am very frustrated with the ending, or lack thereof. It's nice to see a conclusion. Your writing is great, and you do a good job of keeping people in character.

Plus, for some reason Artemis has always struck as a guy who'd like dogs, so even if he doesn't end up keeping the pit bull, I am amused. :)
MysticForce chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
I seriously doubt the Calimport underworld would ever accept the "new" Artemis, whatever Dwahvel says. Other than that, good start, you write so well, I'm jealous. I wrote something similar, very similar, but I never found the guts to post it. I despised the ending of ROTP, though I liked the book as a whole. The puppy was cute, I think Entreri would be the dogs person and Jarlaxle would prefer cats :)
LapseinConcentration chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Excellent, I just finished RotP so this has been great the encourage myself to not stab out my own corneas. Aw, Arty has a puppy. I like it, please keep writing!
Yoski chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Heya! Gotta love it! I already review it in Lavender Eyes, but I will gladly do it again here. You rock. I felt everyone in char, and ..yes... its more difficult now with all this going on in his head.

I demand more!
Lord Onisyr chapter 1 . 11/6/2006

That was a very fitting continuation of a story just left hanging. I'm very glad to see a possibility of Artemis beginning to find himself again with his trusted friend Dwahvel and Jarlaxle getting to apologize (a little). I can't wait to see what you do with this next. And I just loved the puppy, so like Jarlaxle to give that to him.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
I'm almost crying. It's horrible, and not the way it should have happened, but Artemis is finally not an assassin anymore, finally set up in a legitamate job, and finally with the only friend he has. Your description of how Artemis looked when he entered the Ante keeps sticking in my head. The bridge of his nose being sunburnt. The look in his eyes. The way his hair's tousled.