Reviews for Don't Sell Me Out
Luzith chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
great character development
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Awesome look into Dean's feelings about Sam revealing his secret thru being prodded to by Ellen!

Dean sure voiced his feelings loud and clear when he told Ellen that he would KILL anyone who used him being a psychic against him!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Wonderful. I love this characterization of Dean.
sasha2002 chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Beautifully written. This would have been nice to actually see in the episode.
SadeLyrate chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Oh, where can I begin...?

After so many tags for Simon Said (or any other fics) with Ellen rendered as a dog from hell, I cannot appreciate it enough when someone nails her character with such precision.

This is now officially the way I see the scene continuing after the screen went dark.

The apprehension, understanding of what Sam's 'secret' means for the boys themselves, their relationship, and to the 'war', willingness to help, or at least promise to remain neutral in Ellen.

The fierceness and determination, doubts and fears in Dean.

The precarious facade of strength, ingrained weariness in Sam...

It all fits in so well with what we've seen on the screen that I just cannot thank you enough.

Thank You.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
oh I really hope they can trust her... ill be so disappointed if she burns them... good job
04238 chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Oh, great writing. Fantastic job! Liked how you wrote each character, and everything flowed. Keep up the good work!
MistyEyes chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
That was really nice. _
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Interesting piece, I liked your view of Ellen and the attitude of Dean. Nice throwing Ash in there in the background.

I really don't know what to think of Ellen, though after the last two shows I don't like her and really can't stand Jo. (In fact don't get me started after watching "No Exit")

If there had been a scene like this for the viewers at the end of "Simon Said" maybe we would of had a clear picture of Ellen, but I actually ended the show disliking her for bullying Dean and Sam.

Also at the moment I wish Ellen and Jo would both disappear.

Yet, I did like your story, with the protective big brother, wish Dean would say some of your lines. Nice job.

Thanks for sharing.
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
That was EXCELLENT. I wish that the scene had continued like that in the episode. Very much how I see Dean right now. Well done!
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
This is way more in canon, and plausible, then many other SS tags I've seen for these reasons:

It's rare to see a fic about this scene that doesn't put Ellen in a bad (heck, nearly downright evil) light. But you strike a careful balance between making her criticize Dean but also criticize herself a bit. I don't think the writers of the show will make Ellen more of a hindrance than a benefit to Sam and Dean (though of course there are obstacles, but that should be expected), and I don't think we're meant to see her that way at all. It's nice to see someone who appreciates that when writing a fic concerning Ellen and Jo, especially one that's a tag and that's not supposed to be completely AU.

I'm impressed. Good work.
efw chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Great job. Loved the insight from Ellen. I think she's on their side, regardless of what I think of Jo!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Awesome. Very much in character. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.