Reviews for My Choice
Guest chapter 24 . 4/6/2014
What's with the extra bit at the end? It reads like it's describing Basch, but gives conflicting characterization.
Sanokal chapter 28 . 4/27/2012
I don't know whether this will be continued. I hope it will be, I like it.

But I do know that this was the first fic that I ever read on this site, and for that I must offer you my deepest thanks. My favourite bits have definitely been the Esper chapters - they might not be classic Final Fantasy summons, but they (especially Belias) are awesome.

So for being the one that exposed me to this brilliant site, I thank you.
0-Mighty Bob -0 chapter 20 . 3/22/2010
Was just rereading this story and don't think I ever left a review before. Really like all the chapters and your somewhat different takes on the characters in each as well as why they might fight with what they do. This chapter though is by far the awesomest of em all, kinda wanted to tear up a little as stupid as it sounds. A firm second would be the second to last chapter Dark Edge though. Got Vaan pegged good there.

Now I just need to finish 12 to start 13 ( if I can ever get over the names of Lightning and Snow for the mains. Squares gotten lazy with names *shakes head* )
Airemir chapter 27 . 3/27/2009
Finally! Someone who doesn't bash (pun not intended) on Vaan!
Airemir chapter 24 . 9/27/2008
This is my favourite chapter by far! I especially like the part where you talk about Penelo's fighting style. Oddly enough, it reminds me of Capoeira, even though that style isn't all foot, it has a lot of handstands and many of the fighters I've seen are good enough to kill their opponent.

By and by, what's with the ending? I think it talks about Basch, but I'm not entirely too sure. It talks about murderous strangling and thumbs in eyes...

Is that even suppose to be there? Because it's not even finished. I think you should finish that and fit it into the chapter somehow, because it makes a lot of sense. Especially since he's been in the gaol for so long.

Can I use this fighting style for Penelo in this story I'm going to write? I've always liked the fact that she's a dancer, and I loved her clothes in the original Final Fantasy XII. The clothes in Revenant Wings was cute, but just not the same. And I want to make a crossover between FFXII and Naruto and this gives me the perfect idea. If I can just have your consent I would totally have it up post-haste.
Obsidian Guard chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
You have done an amazing job doing what most Final Fantasy games leave out: you actually mention the power the main characters have. Some of the quickenings alone are so powerfully done that it's almost a surprise the storyline never mentions them.

I also like how you keep referencing plays throughout the chapters. Even though Balthier is the only one to liken himself to a leading man, it does add a connection that the chapters lack.

Also, since it seems as though you are doing requests based off of reviews, I have to ask you to think about the Zodiac Spear. I know you mentioned it lightly in the Cuchulainn chapter, but something about it really bothers me. There is nothing inherently special about the Spear. Oh, sure, it's the strongest weapon in the game, but beyond that there is no origin, no information, not even an added side-quest to explain how a blade on the end of a stick can be so damned powerful.
Honor chapter 18 . 8/24/2008
Ok, I've been really loving this fic since I found it (thank Andrew Joshua Talon's fav list for that) but this chapter left me really confused. Mainly because I kept identifying Zalera with Raito of Death Note, especially Fran's reference to being tyrants instead of justice.

Some of your choices confuse me but then, ever since VI when Ultemicia caught me blindside with my weakest characters, I always try to build my characters equally. My leader (Vaan or Basch usually, Baltheir and Asche sometimes, Penelo and Fran only if the others are KO)gets the strongest weapon rotated over to them - Excaliber and Zodiac Spear, but early on Francisca. The back up gets elemental appropriate weapons or distance weapons, which also rotated. Balthier spent an awful lot of time with poles on my first runthrough, while Fran spent ages hugging Francisca. Penelo got a bow when Fran could spare it, same with Ashe.

Guns to me are Baltheir and Penelo, maybe Fran. Measures are to be sold as soon as you find them. Even the one that cast Bubble was crap. Maces the same. I only kept the one wind-element dagger.
Mental Productions chapter 28 . 8/24/2008
To start, let me say that I really loathed FF12. Probably cause I never got a hang of the gambit system. And the Quickenings. And the fact that nearly everyone was blonde.

But man, your fic is doing the impossible. Your characterizations, your ability to make every character seem real past all the "Thees" and "Me Lady" of the shitty dubbed version (Okay, its been I while since I touched the game so I can't remember the exact phrasing)and the cliched-ness of the game is amazing and somehow I've become tempted to play FFXII again.

The only real thing I would like is some nice Penelo/Vaan/Ashe action...

I'll stop now
marapozsa chapter 26 . 8/19/2008
Oh dang. It honestly took me this long to find the vaan/guns chapter? Or did I just drop my brain somewhere along the way - oh, there it is! - and forgot I'd read this?

Man, do I feel guilty, I think I'll go write some fic of my own now, like I haven't been doing for months, thanks to a little something called Photoshop that's gotten me hooked on digital art.

...right, back to the amazing new add-on to the fic: oh, man, this is amazing. I'm so happy. Ihe sort of happy little kids get when they realize that across the street, someone's opened a candy shop, and that someone is their best friend's dad, so basically, they get free candy whenever they like - or something along those lines, preferably involving the candy, and it being free.

I feel so sorry for that archadian tourist, though. More so for the skinny friend's arm...even though that just makes the Vaan characterization all the more amazing and accurate, because we all know putting Vaan and an Imperial in the same room as any weapon (that he knows how to use) results in bad happenings. It's also good to know that Vaan's got something going for him, besides the apparent lack of foresight, and kickbutt hiding places in sewers where no one but him would go. By that, I mean even though it was BASCH'S clothes, and therefore, that's not much room to disassemble a gun on, I'm so proud of Vaan - I mean, you. Because a gun is a mass of bloody freaking parts. Vaan is right. And you are awesome, because Vaan as this stubborn little git with the mind of an inventor and maybe some slightly violent tendencies, if you just think on his inventions, colored as a hero because a, not only is he willing to work that long with something he has little to no faith in because it's a stupid-faced git, but also, b, he makes it amazing.

Vaan is my new favorite character. xD Thank you. Thank you so very much. Mainly for being a great writer with a crapload of talent, some awesome characterization, and a bunch of kickbutt plots, but also because...dude. Handbomb launcher, plus Fran - equals what? Me, giggling like a moron, which should NOT happen at 4:30 in the morning because...because. But you did it, you made it happen.

You are kickass awesome.
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 28 . 7/22/2008
Brilliantly executed. I liked how you handled Cuchulainn-He just screams destruction, filth and decay.
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 27 . 7/22/2008
Nice to see you back in action. A very nice chapter addition to boot! I'm off to read the next one.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 28 . 7/21/2008
Wow... This was surprisingly dark in comparison to the other chapters, yet was amazing to read.

Fran always does seem like the sacrificial sort of hero, ne? Then again, it was 'her choice' to take on the task of fighting the warped, perverse Cuchulainn and silencing him once and for all... a task that has very well made her suffer, despite how she endures.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 27 . 7/21/2008
Heheh, love how you wrapped up the Vaan series! :D

Playing a wrist-slap game with Ashe; improves reflexes and makes way for testing the limits of the latter's patience XD, though, I like the explanation of speed for Vaan and the little he knows of killing before becoming one of Ashe's weapons.

The introduction and explanation of the blade and the dark came along very well, not only giving more depth to Vaan but topping off why he's become one of my favourite characters! ;)
Jetflash chapter 28 . 7/20/2008
Did you see "The Dark Knight" before writing this? Because it seems... familiar... somehow.
dark wink chapter 2 . 7/20/2008
Weapon one shots? That's... very clever! I've enjoyed the first two so far, but I'm going to try and make your story and exercise in patience. All too often I tend to rush my way through good stories and then I'm left with nothing to read. On another note, I love the way you're weaving in the character's (Penelo's) motivations for each weapon, and I can genuinely see each one fitting her perfectly so far. Good job!