Reviews for Twisted Hallways
Aronim chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Wow, that was awesome.

It might not be completely in tune with the game but the way you use the simple premise of Raz in that insane asylum is fantastic, thoughtful and atmospheric.
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Yeah, I found the upper levels of that tower to be downright creepy too. I could definitely feel the ambiance of that place erode my own sanity as I found my way up and through. The creators of the game really knew what they were doing when they made it.
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Oh my God. That level. I played it at night, all lights on, and I STILL got creeped out by it. The rats, along with that brief glimpse of 'someone', just made things even WORSE. Not even the Meat Circus was that bad...

And somehow, you just managed to ramp up the creepiness of that place. I didn't think that would be possible, but, well, you have a point - Raz, being psychic and telepathic, would probably have to deal with all the psychic residue left behind. Even people who AREN'T psychic tend to feel the same kind of fear at old sanatoriums. It's...not pleasant for anyone...I'm just glad now that the thing got blown to pieces at the end of the level.
BlobIsNotOnFanfictionDotNet chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Ooh, you're good at getting inside his head. Geez, that asylum was creepy enough just for someone playing the game.
Gargulsplactutonium chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
The ending was cute.
MalkyTop chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Agh, evil stupid creepy husk of a demented building...and the rats...

But I couldn't randomly hear the thoughts of insane people long dead now, could I? That must've been hell.

The last part was cute. I went 'Aaw' and then continued cursing the Asylum in all its creepy un-glory.
Yes. I am a Dork chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I totally understand his pain.(well not the telepath part but)

the intire time I was in this part of the game I was screaming at the things that kept jumping out at me.

P.s. your story has been added to my favorites list- CUZ I LOVES IT SO MUCH...hehe
dragondancer123 chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates Shegor in that level...I made that exact same noise the first time I saw her too...For a horror type fic, it was pretty funny. This is one of my facvorite one shots of all time.
Tashilover chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I had just recently finished the stupid asylum and I have to agree with you. Those F* damn rats!

Anyhoo...great drabble. Usually when I read drabbles, they're just a mess of vomit emotion and angst. This was done well without being over the top.
DaydreamingTurtle chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Wow. Simply... wow. THe descriptions were absolutely dead-on (maybe not a good thing). I hated this level, maybe cuz I have a low scare tolerance, but I love this! Amazing story.
MsDevin92 chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
I know. That place scared the FLIPPIN FREAK out of me- especially the rats. God, packs of red-eyed exploding mutant rats running at you down the walls...It was somethin out of a flippin horror movie (shudders)
HosekiDragon chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Sweetness! Yeah, the upper halls of Thorny Towers scared the crap out of me the first time I went through there and I think you pretty much covered how a ten year old boy would have felt wandering through there.

I really like the added bits about the other thoughts and memories that weren't Raz's. That was cool.
TheFireflyofLight chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Wow. That was deep in every sense of the word. I wish I could write something like this.
Samu chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
You've definitely captured the creepy aspect of this part of the game. I actually wouldn't play that part unless my finace was there. I like how you also incorporated all of the thoughts from the former inmates; it really gives another level of depth to Raz's determination to save Lili.
Rinpu chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Wow, this is nice! You really captured the creepy mood of the asylum level (those upper levels were almost survival horror-ish). I especially liked the bits of thought from the former inmates-I never thought about a psychic having trouble in a place like that, but it makes perfect sense. And your writing is excellent, too. Well done!