Reviews for Kindred spirits
justwalkingdown chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This is really cool. It's wonderfully written and made me love John even more )

Fairy
straywriting chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
This was really haunting, in a good way. Nice job.
Angelina K chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I don't like horror movies with monsters and ghosts, but yours wasn't scary, it was just... haunting. I loved it. It gave me that inner goosebump feeling in my stomach. Chilling.
littlepieces chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
Creepy! Did she call back! That's all John needs - a ghost caller while he is sitting alone in outer space.
mcj chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Quiller,

I felt this story made me ask so many questions.

Was she really real?

How did John feel?

Did this have a sequel?

Your story is haunting but beautiful. You created just the right balance between what is a reality and what is indeed our imagination.

More please.!

Yours in writing

mcj
JulesDPM chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Very good! The descriptions were lovely and I am now wishing for a holiday. Poor old John. You kind of got the feeling that he was going to have a bit of a shock but I loved the last line about whether she would call again. That really set me thinking!
Kaeera chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Finally I get to review :)

I really liked that one, especially the twist at the end. Very well written, and I can't get the image of John out of my head as he sits on TB5, wondering whether she will call and how he is supposed to reply...
ejb chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
I enjoyed the nice flowing style of this story and the wonderful description of the island you gave in spite of what you said in your author's note at the beginning. I could just imagine the scenery and John walking towards the cottage and what he found when he reached the cottage.

I would very much like to see you write a sequel to this as it seems to be crying out for one. I hope your muse returns soon to inspire you.
minstrelsy chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Quiller- marvelously written! I've never had occasion to use the word eldritch, but I think it's fitting here. Thank you.
Immune to Psychedelia chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
A little eerie, but a great story.

This reminded me of an old Twilight Zone show. An old woman kept getting calls from which he told her, was her late husband. After several phone calls, she asked this ‘stranger’ to stop calling her. She went to visit his gravesite and discovered that a phone line was down – that ran across the cemetery, and it happened to bury itself into her husband’s grave. On his headstone, it read his name date of birth and death and also inscribed on it was ‘Always did what his wife told him to do.’ She never received another phone call from him again, and regretted it ever since.

But poor John, that guy never gets a break, huh? I hope she still calls him, and I hope he answers. What a great sequel that would be… (hint, hint), get a glimpse into the afterlife. Maybe he would even be able to talk to his mother?

IS
cathrl chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
I loved this story.

I don't know Mull, but I'm familiar with the west coast of Scotland just a bit further north, and the way Ellie describes it to John is just right.

Very nice pacing. I'm glad I did know beforehand that it was a Halloween story, because otherwise it might have been a huge shock. As it was, I had one of those creeping realisations about who the ghost was going to turn out to be. I love fics like this where you know the inevitable is coming and you just want to shout "no!" before it's too late...sadly in this case it was too late twenty years before. Sniff. Poor John. Sniff.
Lady Viva chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Hauntingly fabulous. Just enough of a chill factor without being completely frightening. Love it!