Reviews for I'll Be home For Christmas
justlikebrooke chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Beautiful story. it makes me long for Brathan and christmas at the same time. I love the thought of seeing them all so much older, i bet Nathan would still look hot with some grey in his hair.

Now i'm gonna be stuck all day picturing Brooke and Nathan in an all christmassy enviroment LOL. Thanks for sharing this, truly beautiful.

refused chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
I'm sorry for not being able to look past the Brucas. I'm a die-hard Leyton'er, and I just can't enjoy it. I know it's silly; I know it's stupid; hell, I even know Brucas wasn't even a big part of it at all, and I -DO- have a very soft spot for Nathan/Brooke...

But still. And I hate myself for not being able to look past the details.

I skimmed through it, fast, after realizing it was Nathan and Brooke.

You've got a great way of story-telling. I love the way you're describing the scenes, feelings, emotions - the way you paint it out.

I'm just sorry for being simpleminded enough to not enjoy it.

Good work, none the less!
SunKissedFan chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Oh. My. Goodness. You had me crying throughout the entire story. I really did not know who the characters were until the very end. At first I thought it would be Brooke and Lucas in the hotel, her having to go back to her husband and him going back to Probably Peyton. But the way you wrote it, with the twists at the very end- was indescribable.

"He was a vacation from her reality, but he could never be her home." break my heart into a million pieces. I love Brooke/Lucas, and this story just showed the different bonds between the two men in her life. Thanks for this!
snowbabie chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
that was certainly one of the best brathan/brucas stories written...i really liked this story! ~snowbabie~
awhero chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
being a brucas whore, u totally got me at the end! lol. great stuff. who'd have guessed! was really good. can't wait to read more of ur stuff!
JustOneBreath chapter 1 . 11/19/2006

I wasn't expecting that twist!

Beautiful writing, once again :D
MrsLucasScott chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Amazingly exceptional writing. Halfway through, i pretty much figured out it was nathan and brooke, and as much as i love brucas and naley, brathan has a special place in my heart, and this fic is no exception.

I have to say i feel bad for Lucas and Haley [who i suspect is Nathan's wife] and i absolutely condone cheating, but for fic purposes it was awesome.

Keep writing, you have awesome talent. Great job.
wishinonastar chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
AW! i so didnt expect it to be nathan as the guy, dont ask why but i didnt. itss so sad she has to keep it going with nathan, so all the way through i was just like "leave ur damn husband!" but then when i found out it was luke and also read the last lines, i wa like aww. and thats all i can really say

ecr chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
gotta say that i wasnt expecting it to be nathan and brooke at the hotel..i expected something backwards...nathan the husband and luke in the hotel...hahaha very nice story...
TypoKween chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Good lord this was expertly written! Honey child I wish I could bottle your talent and sell it on Ebay! I'd make millions and go to every function James Lafferty would be at, he'd see me and fall instantly, madly in love with me and on our wedding day I would raise my glass high and thank YOU Amanda! hahahaha! My brain is so on overload, must be from all the fumes from my hair appointment today.

So yes, I adored this oneshot. You know how much I love brathan! It was so bittersweet and sad and though they both knew they had families to go back home to, its kind of romantic that they can meet up once a year and be themselves. In a way it seems a little unfair to their unsuspecting families but if you look at it as an escape from reality, its a bit understandable. Though this all could totally just be because I am utterly and completely crazy for brathan.

However the outcome of my theories? This fic rocked my boat. Love you! ;)
LockedHearts chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
hbdcfbdvb! Wow! That was completely and utterly amazing. I loved every aspect of it! At first i thought for sure it would end up being Brooke and Lucas in the hotel room and then mid-way though i thought to myself "i hope it's nathan.." and at the end when you find that she's talking to Luke on the phone, just, gah!

Beautifully written! I love it!
EllaBella18 chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Manda my God that is the best Brathan fic I've read! Oh I loved it, it was angsty and real and it was just amazing. Amazing. THis had better get you writing missy because I've missed it. Good job Manda and I'll talk to you later.

Mary chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Ok amanda Shock me why don't you...i swear i would have never guess it was Nathan...its was sweet but sad...but you must remember...I'm A Brucas Fan!...but you did keep me guessing who it really was..
l-a-c-18 chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Very good! Brooke seemed so sad throughout this story, but at the end she seemed okay, because she loved her family more thna anything. I wasn't sure how this was gonna go. I wasn't sure who her husband was or who her lover was. Lucas and Nathan. I liked how it turned out. Brooke needs those two days nad she gets them. This was beautifully written. Keep up the good work! Thanks.
OTHlover04 chapter 1 . 11/7/2006