Reviews for Waiting
snchills chapter 4 . 5/29/2007
Wow a truly amazing ending to a great story. All the way through AHBL 2 I clutched my pillow and didnt cry until they got to that scene with Dean and Bobby in the junk yard. That one just ripped me apart. I love that Bobby has become an unofficial member of the family. They need that surrogate figure so badly. I hope they keep his character around for a long long time.
kbpen chapter 4 . 5/29/2007
I'm so glad you added this last chapter giving Bobby a voice. Wasn't he awesome in AHBL? That episode really delved into Dean's lack of self worth. Really matching up with your view point well. This is a lovely story that illuminates our boys' thoughts perfectly. Thanks, kbpen
clclemmons chapter 4 . 5/29/2007
I love that you added this chapter. Bobby really loves these boys and sees their true selves. I cried as usual. Really poignant piece. Thanks so much.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
BJ, I don't know how I missed this, but apparently, I did. What a powerful trilogy! My heart has ached for Dean this whole season, but never more than when he broke down and told Sam what he was feeling by the side of the road. His fears about how his father died (confirmed in CRB), his misery at the realization that HE should have died instead. And of course...the devastating secret his lovely father laid on him. Oh, man. Just loved your analogy of a bull charging the chamber of his mind, breaking him. And Sam picking at the lock that will let the bull out to trample them both to death. Just fabulous writing.

Loved how you write Sam's thoughts about his father, how he wishes that they had more time, his regrets. His fears for Dean and how he's afraid that he's going to lose him too. His guilt that he would always choose Dean, regardless of who had to die.

You simply do an amazing job of getting into our boys' heads. I do believe that guilt may have been invented by a Winchester ;) Love the angst, love the emotions, love your writing. Thanks for sharing. Until next time...
irishgirl9 chapter 3 . 12/23/2006
Amazing! Thanks for sharing it!
IheartPadalecki chapter 3 . 11/11/2006
This was really good! Sorry it took me so long to get around to it, but life sucks. Hahaha, really really good though. I liked the Sam and Dean chapters ending with the same line, it was a nice touch.
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 11/10/2006
I was surprised when I saw you had posted both chapters by Thursday night. I should of reviewed than, but it was late after watching the "Supernatural" episode for the second time. Smiled all the way through it. This episode is why I love the show; the brothers, great guest star and wonderful mystery. I have been missing that this season and really needed it after last weeks "No Exit".

Should of checked the boards, but my computer was being really slow and I have not figured out all the links yet. But I can log on, so one step at a time.

OK, let's review your story.

When Sam told Cooper he was not going back to school, Dean's expression, you nailed it in your story. The line that jumped out at me was Sam thinking "you wouldn't stay for your own living brother, but .. to please your dead dad."

Always loved the scene in "Dead Man's Blood" between Sam and John.

One had to smile when Sam told Gordon that Dean was the only one who could call him Sammy.

I think you did a great job writing what Sam was thinking and feeling, so much of it is true. Dean is Sam's one constant, his rock, but Dean is depressed now. Dean has always put aside his own wants and needs to do whatever is needed for his family and in the end he couldn't get his wish to have his brother and father together, a family again.

We all know that Sam would have chosen Dean to live, regardless of who had to die, but how can he say anything that will make it alright for Dean.

What a chapter, it was very good.

When I read the chapter on John, I just smiled reading about how he met Mary and their love story. I did wonder if John ever told Dean how much he was like his mother and how John hung on after Mary's death because of his boys.

Favorite lines: "They were capable and strong, evil's worst nightmare." "United his boys could conquer anything. John knew Sam needed Dean more than his dad, more than anyone..."

"Dean was the wild card in the battle; he would be the catalyst for victory." (I really believe that!)

"It was a good deal. Not bad for one antique pistol and a tired hunter's life."

I've always loved how you write Dean, but you did an awesome job capturing Sam and John. I hope more people read what you have wrote.

Thanks for the story.

Take care.
Oneswan chapter 3 . 11/10/2006
Ohh, BJ, that was stunning! The way John and Mary met rang beautifully true.I loved how you described John's effect upon Mary...also loved that Dean is "the catalyst for victory" among many other things...I am so flattered that this evocative, moving and exceptionally well writen piece is for me!
tsweeny chapter 3 . 11/10/2006
I thought that it was really good and enjoyed all three points of view.
irismay42 chapter 3 . 11/10/2006
Superb last chapter! How you described John and Mary's first meeting and their subsequent (very short) life together was just perfect. I like the ordinariness of it all - the door chain, Mary having a cold. And I loved the way you described John seeing Mary as some kind of an angel. I'm sure that's how Dean would remember her too.

And you're so right about that line of the Demon's, about Dean not being much of a threat and neither is Sam. Maybe not separately. But together, they're definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Great story - really enjoyed it.
SilverStorm06 chapter 3 . 11/10/2006
that... was deep. And good.
shywalk chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
Great one off. I agree, there has to be something about the boys (plural) that will end this demon
Mishka89 chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
This was a great three piece. I think the one with John was my favourite, it was beautiful and sad at the time. Wicked job ;)
angel679 chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
Okay blubbering like a baby here. That was a culmination of boundless love and abiding faith in the people you love. The whole part of John meeting Mary so average in its beginning and the boys being born to go so horribly wrong in a blink of an eye. John sitting at night when its quiet knowing that no matter what he has done and why he did it he had still failed his boys in the basic notion of showing his love. To know that and the only way you can show it is to give your life in order to save not one but both of your children cause like you said Sam would not survive without Dean and visa versa. The fact that John knew that the demon was doing the unthinkable in war and that was underestimating the enemy especially two that have a bond that would transcend death in order to stay complete no matter the cost. The demon Im afraid will soon learn that love and sacrafice is not a weakness but one of the strongest forms of power one can wield and Deans compacity to love and sacrafice are limitless when it comes to Sam which I believe will give Sam the strength and endurance to finish what John started. He may not be there but his love and sacrafice will make it possible for his boys to complete what he started. Awesome chapter and absolutely fantastic story.
Iawen Londea chapter 2 . 11/9/2006
Wow that was really good and really powerful. Good job. Wow.
46 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »