Reviews for Waiting
CascadePD chapter 2 . 11/9/2006
Wow.

I'm practically speechless and I'm a bit teary-eyed.

That was positively amazing. I look forward to updates.
irismay42 chapter 2 . 11/9/2006
Ooh, fantastic! You mirrored the 'Dean' chapter so well with the 'Sam' chapter, putting all the hints and pieces from the episodes together really neatly with your own thoughts.

This part, "...You wouldn’t stay for your own living brother, but now you’ll totally reverse course to please your dead dad..." really made me think, because I'd never really looked at Sam's decisions in that light before, and I totally agree with your conclusion that if he had to choose, Sam would choose Dean to live, every time, even over their dad.

Just keeps getting better!
snchills chapter 2 . 11/9/2006
Very very powerful and so sad. Don't you just want to hug them both.
KelBub chapter 2 . 11/9/2006
This was great! Absolutely beautiful! You explain pain so good. Everyone's felt pain some time and we can relate to it, feel it again as we read. Thanks for this wonderful piece, even though it broke my heart.
KatieLB chapter 2 . 11/8/2006
another good little chapter... oh those poor boys will break your heart wont they...good job
shywalk chapter 2 . 11/8/2006
That made my heart hurt. So wonderfully written. *hugs* you
angel679 chapter 2 . 11/8/2006
Im sitting here crying and trying not to do the whole girly sobbing thing cause damn that gives me a headache and this story has already given me a heartache. This was excellent to hear Sam say what we already knew that given the choice Sam doesnt care who dies as long as Dean is alive. We know Sam loves his brother even though its taken him forever it seems to realize how much he loves and needs his brother and how much his brother gave up for him. Some of that is Deans fault for hiding everything and perpetuating the need to give Sam all of himself to the point where Sam didnt even see that he was abusing something so precious as someone who would give you everything and all of themselves for you to be happy at the expense of life itself. Great story. Cant wait for the next chapter.
Oneswan chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
BJ! That was fantastic as i knew it would be! I especially loved the line that "only love could kill John', and the image of the bull ramming against poor Dean's last door of defense.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter...
KatieLB chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
yeah it killed me that they left us hanging like that at the end of that episode... i was yelling at sam to say something...anything... argh. good job
princess peanut chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Very touching! That was incredibly well written. You definitely made me feel the emotion. I think you did a real good job of getting inside Dean's head. I look forward to more!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Well what to say? Where to begin? You've made such a good job of tying up everything Dean's been feeling in the first few eps of this season. This part, "...and his brother by his side, at least for now...", how Dean is STILL expecting Sam to leave him, even after everything that's happened, is such a good insight.

And this bit, "...Evil couldn’t best your dad, only love could kill him..." is so spot on. I watched IMTOD again yesterday, and couldn't help thinking John gave himself to save Dean, but also to save Sam - as he knows Dean will protect him till his dying breath if he has to.

You've also given a really plausible reason for Dean finally breaking down and telling Sam the truth at the end of CSPWDT - he does it because he finally realises Sam's hurting just as much as he is.

Very insightful, and extremely well written. Looking forward to Sam's POV of it all!
spootycup chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
oh my god poor dean and his pain... tears in the eyes!
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Oh God, your writing is just beautiful. Such a wonderful insight into Dean's heart and mind and, for a Dean girl, you do write a gorgeous, hurting, vulnerable Sammy too.:-) Those poor boys, both scared that they are going to lose the other, both needing each other so much.

*Goes off to weep in the corner*
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
I was just hoping that you would share a new story with us. Thanks.

Though I do need to remember to breathe after reading it. You know how I love Dean and Jensen's portrayal of this character. You do such a good job writing what is going on in Dean's head, so very tense, yet sad since the parts that jumped out at me, is where Dean still thinks Sam will leave him and that the 'dead should stay dead'. I know he said that and I realize he really had no way of getting away from the reaper, but I guess as long as he was breathing, than to me, he was still alive.

Dean was/is sinking in darkness, depression, because he feels guilty for being alive while his father is dead. The line that nailed it all was "Evil couldn't best your dad, only love could kill him." The love John had for his son, the love for his sons and the need to save Dean, to save them. Because Sam needs his brother to help him stay sane, to help him stay alive. Dean is feeling guilty because their father died saving him, yet he would of done the same thing to save Sam and Sam would die to save Dean.

I liked how you wrote Sam trying to break down Dean's barricades, picking at the lock for the past year. Than Dean actually sees Sam and realizes what their fathers death and Dean's depression is doing to him. So he tells him and now Sam knows what Dean has been feeling. Sam doesn't know what to say, but he is still there.

An excellent job. Always enjoy your stories.

On a side note, I'm using the same name at and was so irritated with last weeks show, I did try to get into a thread to comment. My computer didn't agree, so ended up writing letters, my group of viewers here co-signed them, and I sent them off in the mail.

Hope all is well and thanks again for posting a new story. Will look for the next chapter.

Take care.
angel679 chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
This was amazing. Very sad as was the ending of the episode but excellent. It hurts my heart every time I thing about how broken Dean was at the end of that episode and Sam was lost cause there just wasnt anything to say. Empty platitudes would have done his brother a diservice especially after having finally spilled his heart onto the side of the road. Great story.
46 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »