Reviews for Lovers and Horses
Pls. Delete My Account chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
cuteness to the max! :D

i love how all the confusion (childishly portrayed) about what lovers are...exactly! :D

what a cute hephaestion! (hugs)

velvetsash
Manidefronsac chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
So very nice and cute! It had me smiling all the while. I love little Hephaestion's stuborness when all the others always do as their prince decides. But not being Patroculos? Are you sure about that?

Keep on writing!

Michèle
Gold Star chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
LMAO

So very cute... lol the lovers part was nicely done. Imaging bringing that up in the company of adults! Haha. VERY cute, defiant little Phia...

xoxoxo
Joyeee chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
How cute! I like it whenever there is debating between the characters, and it's great how both Alexander and Hephaestion talk (so young, but trying to be so authoritative, too!) about lovers, squires, and best friends, while the other boys are still thunderstruck that Hephaestion hasn't been burnt to a crisp by a lightning bolt!

Also the ending, Hephaestion grooming Alexander's horse and his explanation that "We're friends," is really nice.
CoralDawn chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Lovely snippet of a story. Very "in-character" and true to life. Most of all I loved the depiction of friendship that is as natural as air or water. In my head, Alexander and Hephaistion did meet at around this age and knew each other from then, so this makes "perfect sense".

I really admire your characterizations of the young Alexander and Hephaistion in your stories. Such a lovely depiction of friendship that would last a lifetime, without soppiness, excess fluff or sentimentality.
Lysis chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Very cute story, I can really see a scene like this. Someone would have gotten tired of Alexander's wanting to be top dog all the time and rebelled and who other than Hephaistio! One tiny problem for me, though, for six and seven year olds, they sounds awfully adult in their diaglouge more like their teenaged selves at Mieza. Still, very charming.
Yolass chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
How so very cute! I loved it! I read that in the morning and it is a great way to start the day!
Trust No One chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Lovely and light-hearted yet serious - how the other boys didn't quite understand what was going on and how Hephaistion spoke his mind. This left me smiling.
SONGNATASHA chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
It's so lovely!I cannot help smiling all the way! Love the story very much, hope to read more of your brilliant fics.
Baliansword chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Before I write my only problem, let me just say that I did like your story for what it was. It is hard to write the youth of Alexander, and his companions, I think but you presented the story well. The only thing I had a problem with...

I do not believe that Hephaestion ever would have said he did not wish to play the part of Patroclaus.
MLygia chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
What a beautiful history. So pretty! Incredible, as in such a small story you got to develop characteristics that later will be revealed fully in the relationship among the two. I loved the final part: Alexander muttering about Achilles being blond while Hephaestion explained "We're friends,". Really, their special friendship explains and justifies everything, I think.