Reviews for Empty Doors and Maple Leaves
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Koh was an impressively creepy character in the show, and it's interestingly to see your take on him. I really enjoyed the exploration of fate vs freewill in this and how it ends on that 'one can always hope' type line that implies things can be subject to change. The progression was very effective and I really like how the Avatar (whichever one it is) plays such a decisive role in the end there.
verity candor chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Oh, this is lovely. You do a beautiful job with, what is essentially, a monster. His strange view of the world is wonderfully portrayed, and the repetition of "future better than the past" and the rhythmic lists of victims lend Koh's actions a sort of inevitability, maybe even vulnerability in a way. I love it.
Anony-mouse chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Whoa. Did you say that this was your first Avatar fic? Because this is just... whoa. I love the subtle poetry and the "this one, that one" bits and how the "spirits know the future better than they know the past" and ok I guess I love everything. It always surprised me that Koh is still evil when there is so much... humanity so close to him, but I think I just figured it out:)
ophelietta chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
I got the -shivers- reading this. Poetic, profound, and that ghostly refrain - "... because he knows the future better than the past..." I love the rhythms of this, like a child's sing song rhyme (the creepy kind) or a chant for the dead, as well as the places where the rhythm is cut short, where it ends like a blow. And ohhhh, Koh... It kills me that the very last word of this fic is 'hope'.
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
wow. this is haunting.
SJB chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
I've only recently discovered how much I love your writing, but already I can expect from you clarity, flow, and beautiful word choice, and I have yet to be disappointed. I appreciate that you delve into his history, because he's such an interesting- if brief- character. I've always felt like the show gave him a tantalizing hint of a back story (stealing the face of the avatar's loved one)and then never followed up on it.
cupid-painted-blind chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
There's a kind of poetry to this that I just love. The descriptions of all the faces is just beautifully written and sad. Good work!
Storm Black chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This is chillingly beautiful. I love all Koh fics too and I love the poetic rhytm you use in describing all of the faces Koh has stolen, and also his quiet despair.
waterlit chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
omg this is beautiful! i like your writing style here. it's poetic and metaphorical and what not. i like! :D
shmoes chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I love this one shot.. You gave Koh the profound and poetic depth, his mysterious character deserves. It makes me feel alive, Thank you!
Blue Jeans chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Loved it. I also was thoroughly disappointed that they didn't go into more of Koh's background in the show. It's like throwing an extremely interesting character out there and then not exploring at all!

But I guess that's why we have fanfiction, so... I can't complain too much.
Onba chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Absolutly lovely! And very poetic! I like the 'this one, that one' parts the best.
The One And Only Lobster chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Oh! This is lovly. So creepy and poetic. I loved the allusion to Lu Ten and Iroh.
Araiyou Shakyuli chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Wow. NICE.
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Wow love the lines where you go "and this one...and that one" those were my favorite.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »