Reviews for Empty Doors and Maple Leaves
whirleeq chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
I seriously want to bow down and worship the greatness that is you... your insight into Koh is genius at its best... but who could expect anything other than genius from you?

If you write more Avatar fics, I'll have your children. It doesn't matter that we are both girls; I'll find a way to have them anyway.

;)
dklfjdlksfj chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Yeah oneshots kick ass! Cool story!
Kyoshi7989 chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Oh. My. God.

This is my favorite oneshot. EVER.
NoMittens chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Koh? One of the best villans ever.
Pcv chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
This is beautiful. I absolutely adore your writing and the way you string words together to make such poignant imagery is amazing. Thank you for writing this.
soulwriterchick chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
"His grudges ache like severed limbs"?

Good lord, woman! Do you have any idea how brilliant you are? I cannot wait for you to finish writing your novel. Seriously. I yearn. I pine. I am languishing away as I wait for it.
Suraci chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
You wrote fic about Koh! You are now my hero!
Kiss of the Breeze chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
gah most the stuff I read form you is always so ... sad is a good word. most wonderfully done.
Winter Ashby chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Damn you Res! Why do you do this me? I should be writing... do you hear me? I should be writing non-genre fics for my Writing Fiction Class. But instead, I'm reading your fics. Why do you do torture me so? How am I possibly supposed to write anything after reading something you wrote? I feel like throwing myself off a bridge while I spontaneously combust. Even something you say you're "Not sure you like" eats away at my soul. Koh... where are you when I need you to steal my face and bury me away in your empty, cavernous heart? (Sorry for the dramatic but I figured it was the only way to get your attention, what with the throngs of ravenous fans you have). Seriously, though, this was incredible. You've taken this side character, a creation I'm sure Mike and Bryan haven't even put this much thought into, and transformed him into something worthy of compassion, and angst. That is talent. You have it, and I don't. Oh, woe is me. (Tiny fiddle plays in the background as you're reading this review.) I very much enjoyed reading you own unique perspective of this relatively-obscure character. I look forward to reading ANYTHING you have on the horizon.

Your always and dedicated fangirl (cough-friendly stalker-cough)

-Ash
MonsieurBrightside chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Le gasp! I did not know you wrote Avatar fics. I'll try to keep this as free of fangirling as possible.

I love the story. Koh seems like such a complex character, the kind you could keep digging into and still find new ideas.
superlazygirl chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
This is, without a doubt, the best Koh fic I've ever read. The insights you present, the imagery...it's all magnificent. "He knows the future better than the past." I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
runtus maximus chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Lovely. You've captured a melancholic feel throughout the work, and the imagery was beautiful.
boomchick chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
This was so powerful, and incredibly original! I love stories about the avatar's smaller characters, and this one was fabulous!

There was one segment in it "And this one slipped between the folds of battle and found his way here, but when his father followed it was too late, too late, as it was meant to be."

Was that possibly about Lu Ten and Iroh?

Fabulous fic!
EternalFisher chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
This is beautiful. I love how you've captured the humanity that Koh has absorbed through his victims...
J-Kid chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Wow! That is amazing. I was thinking about Koh a few days ago, but you put my musings on page much more eloquently than I could have managed of how he dissimulates himself with the faces of others, yet unlike Noh Face from Miazaki's Spirited Away he cannot take their personalities as well. Koh remembers their stories dispasionately because not one has managed to change him for better or worse, having no capacity for human emotion.

:-) Beautifully spooky story.
46 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »