Reviews for Empty Doors and Maple Leaves
EternalFisher chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
This is beautiful. I love how you've captured the humanity that Koh has absorbed through his victims...
J-Kid chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Wow! That is amazing. I was thinking about Koh a few days ago, but you put my musings on page much more eloquently than I could have managed of how he dissimulates himself with the faces of others, yet unlike Noh Face from Miazaki's Spirited Away he cannot take their personalities as well. Koh remembers their stories dispasionately because not one has managed to change him for better or worse, having no capacity for human emotion.

:-) Beautifully spooky story.
CultOfStrawberry chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
nice, I'm impressed :)
Yestreen chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
That was beautiful, beautiful. I always had a thing for Koh, and now it has grown into a full out obsession. I think one of my favourite line(s): "He is so old that his very thoughts swell and creak when the storms come rolling in, and his grudges ache like severed limbs." Just so descriptive and flowing, and wonderful. You've put me in a state of awe, and splendor...thank you. This was a privilege to read.
LoquaciousQuark chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Oh. Em. Gee. I love Koh, and he is amazing in this. I absolutely love it. Chills and everything. *applause*
Fenikkusuken chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Wow, thank you!

Best Avatar fic I've read so far, by quite a long shot.
LynLin chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
I liked this. Good job.
Theshadowoftherealgirl chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
I was a lurker for a very long time, showing up just to read your work cause ever since that first Hermione snape trilogy I have been in love with your style. your the reason I read harry potter fancition and the reason I read inuyasha fanfiction and the reason I read fanfiction. . . avatar is currently my favorite cartoon and I am so thrilled to see that you discovered it. . .

Very good story, i look forward to more
hyb9 chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
I feel a tad out of place, since I only know one or two characters from Avatar, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of this piece.

I'm working on a new story, and every time I find something complex and twisted that I'm thrilled with, I gauge it on a Resmiranda-scale. Then I reread your work and lower my score XD

Lyrical, poignant, deliciously dark... All things that I'm sure you've heard again and again. Because they're true. _

I loved all of it, but if I had to pick favorite lines...

"He can want, but he cannot have, and he knows this."

and

"All his emptiness will spill out, like the flesh of rotted fruit, and the faces will vanish, and all the desires he has consumed will climb the air into the sky and never look back."

Ah... It feels like Christmas _
merimask chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Wow, Res. You know, I'm not familiar with "Avatar", so I thought I'd do a little experiment and read this fanfic to see how it translates for me.

It's beautiful...it reads like open poetry. The images are haunting and compelling and clean and flawless. It ~could~ be original fiction, and it would still make sense, still be coherent.

But now I have to scuttle off and find out when "Avatar" is on next. :-)
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
This was dark and morbid and creepy and haunting and BEAUTIFUL.

I've been WAITING for a Koh fic.

And I got one.

And it's Damn Good.

Gott-damn, is it ever good.

Thank you.

You put together a marvelous story.

*hugs*

BANANA!

Please keep writing Forever.

The end.

ag
bb chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Hm, a bit abstract for me, I almost didn't get it. D Beautiful writing as always.
marirose chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Very well written as usual. I am actually very happy that you are into Nick's Avatar. The flow of the last two stanzas are the best out of all of it. The middle part near the beginning was a little off and seemed not to flow well leaving the reader a slightly lost. All in all I like it.
Pisceanduality chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Wow.

I'm so glad you're into Avatar now.
MormonMaiden chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
~drools in amazement~ THO I must disagree with you that Cabbage Man is the best character -EVER- I utterly ADORE all of this...thingy of amazingness. I'm adding it to my community "Cabbage Convention!" You rock my socks off!
48 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »