Reviews for Progressive Conversation
clow-san chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
You captured Balthier's point of view so well. Perhaps one of the best Balthier/Ashe fic i have ever read.
Yay chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
This is very funny. Enjoyable to read, despite what you say, you have a good command of the English language.
Morbid Guidance chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
oh this was really good -heart Balthier- Im going to go play him right now :3 -runs off to ps2-
CrimsonCrome chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Silver Sniper,

This story was very good. I liked the humor in it. I must say I am jealous, for your vocabulary level is somewhat higher than my own. Nontheless, it was a great story.

Your fellow author,

CrimsonCrome
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Baltheir to a T in all his snarky charismatic glory. He does seem like just the person to lighten Her Highness up. And thank you for recognizing how boring the Yensa Sandsea was! I think I got a 56 chain of those little humanoid things. Talk about monatony!
xciv chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
yayy, balthier... :D
Sita 900 chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
that was an amazing capture of balthier's character... i wish i could stay IC with him as much as you just did! Good work!
hanyou-samurai chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Haha, that was excellent! You really captured the essence of both of those characters _ Good job!
Vespera chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
Very nice story. Very entertaining in-game scene, and you managed to capture the voices of both characters extremely well. Bathlier's POV is especially fun to look through, though it's also tricky, since you'd need to capture his wit not just in his dialogue, but throughout the narrative.

Tough to keep it in character, but you did a terrific job.
opheliamlet chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
You are DIVINE. You captured the playful, charming, witty side of Balthier I've been hard-put to convey in my writings, and you do it so well! I was laughing and giggling along with this story at many points. I absolutely loved it. Great job, dear. :)

These lines in particular brought out major LOLs. I could hear Balthier say them so perfectly!: "Did this girl have the imagination of a wooden crate? Political views? She wants to talk politics with me? Our relationship seems far worse than I had imagined."
The Blearing Phoenix chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Simply adorable and infectious. Loved the way you did Balthier, you grasped his personality perfectly, the same goes for Ashe. And even their simplest conversation were to die for in this fic.

Wonderful, wonderful job.

I'm putting this on my Favorites List, along with you.

- TerrisMoon
Mazzie May chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Balthier and Ashe interaction (romantic or otherwise) is always awesome. This was silly and smiles, but not over the top or out of character. Your execution of Balthier's feelings on members of the group and himself were timed perfectly, and all around bang on.

If anything prompted Balthier to do such things, it would most certainly be boredum. I'm faving this, and spreading recommendations. Should the mood strike you to write more Balthier (and Ashe) stories, I'll come skipping back.

-Mazzie May
forever-derelict chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
very nicely written and witty!

i loved it ! keep writing please :D

i love ashe x balthier

and balthier x fran _

hehe
TheDonutMistress chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Greatness. A friend recommended this to me, and I'm very glad she did. I think you nailed Balthier and Ashe both, not just in personality, but in how they interacted with each other. I also liked those little bits you threw in where you showed us how Balthier saw his companions. Not to mention how well you did with how Balthier sees *himself*.

You got his charm and humor down as far as I'm concerned.

This is going in my faves.
Yumi Akimoto chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
I've always loved Balthier's quirky sarcasm, and you portrayed it really well. You make him sound quite a bully, poor Vaan.

I enjoyed reading it. The conversations are really well written. I got a little confused, as there are some parts you didn't write 'she said' or 'he said', but nevertheless it's nothing to complain about. The grammar is good enough, and I didn't spot any spelling mistakes. And it's entertaining, that's the best part :)