Reviews for Despair
Starstruck Whisperings chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
I know you posted this a while ago, but I am pretty new here...
I love how realistic/plausible this is. I also like how Legolas seemed to know the answer, if you know what I mean..
Fish chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
This is wonderful! I love the connection youu raised between Legolas' situation and Boromir's, and why he understood where the desire to use the ring was coming from. You've really doen justice to the characters as well, what they're thinking, even speech patterns. It's also lovely to see respect from both sides, and some nice little extra insights, like Boromir almost forgetting that Legolas isn't as young as he looks. I imagine he isn't exactly familiar with non-humans so it makes a lot of sense.
Blackgenius chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Great story. I thought you did an excellent job with Legolas; a character who I feel is very often poorly written. I also very much appreciated the ambiguous ending.
WyldwoodFaye chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
It is my understanding that Boromir repeatedly tried to influence the Fellowship to go on to Minas Tirith (to use the ring). Though whether his purpose was unspoken or not...
Excellent insight in seeing the similarities between Boromir & Legolas... it is too bad that they did not befriend each other... maybe the outcome would have been different (in the movie).
Thomson chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Great story!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Yay! I finally found a story concerning how Boromir and Legolas got along! And without slash! YAY! *ahem* Great work, my friend, great work! :D
Majestik Moose chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
This was lovely! Great work!
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
How did I manage to leave so many of your fics unread? No matter; I have my weekend reading now. *g*

I loved this... It was unusual, and very nice, to see Legolas letting himself be Elvish in that way, and telling Boromir some of his own story - I never thought about the fact that Boromir might not take him too seriously due to his apparent youth.

And that moment at the end, when Legolas looked at the stars and thought of the same stars shining on Mirkwood, that was just beautiful.

Oh, but I wish I could go and shake some sense into Boromir! ;-)
Riku-Rocks chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I liked this scene. It does seem reasonable that the characters would react as such. I always found it odd that there never seemed to be any real interaction between Borimir and Legolas in the books, as they likely did have much in common. The pace and atmosphere were also very nice.
Aranel Laerien chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
This is an interesting take indeed, and though I thought Legolas' wishing to intervene before things got out of hand believable, some bits of Boromir's speech did not seem to quite fit into my perceptions of him.. *shrugs*.. But yes, you've sure written Boromir in a way that makes me sympathise with him, and coming from the MC group, I've sure enjoyed how Aragorn and Legolas are pretty much looking out for each other..)

~Aranel
Larner chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
I, too, am certain that the Ring affected all of them at times. Alas for Boromir, who proved most open to Its influence.
Deanna chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Pity this didn't happen in the movies, it would have been a great scene. This was very well written :D
GOGreen13 chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
D!
Motif chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
So will Boromir change his mind? It seems the both ways are possible now. Anyway he's going to ... well ... don't wanna say it ... except you gonna write the alternative, but I didn't think it's necessary. Because all I want is Legolas.
Nelarun chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
This was beautiful! I totally loved it

Nela