Reviews for Killing Isn't Hard
Smierc chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Pretty interesting self contemplation there. Very well written.
allymcg777 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
haha nice job. I think Gordon is the type of guy who would be able to think about that and dodge grenades and kill combine. Good old Gordon.
cheezburgerlover chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
I really like this oneshot. I like how Gordon is thinking about whether he likes killing while killing. Too bad it's done.

The lover of cheezburgers,

cheezburgerlover
Navie Chance chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Wow, you've really managed to capture Gordon here, which isn't easy to do for a silent character. Well done!
Fashionably Emaciated chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
That was some fine writing. I like the tone a lot. Particularly the line "The sandwich a resistance member had reverently given him".
Wee.doctor chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
good story but in the realety i think that gordon does not enjoy killig, he does what he must and this is only a comment nothing bad i really liked the story im just stating the fact, but one again great story

thanks for writing

chris
SaJi chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Nice little introspective piece.
The Blearing Phoenix chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Wow, that was amazing. Then again all your Half-Life 2 one-shots are. See, I can safely say that I admire your writing style because the imagery is always easy to picture, the characterization is so easy to picture as well, and did I mention that your writing is always fluid and consistent.

I DID pick out two TINY errors because it's uslally in my nature to do so. But, don't be put off by it because it didn't detract from the rest of your lovely piece.

"He's" in, "He's teeth were gitted." should be, "his" instead.

"Use" in "use to killing?" should be, "used" instead.

Otherwise, as I mentioned before - the gritty darkness this piece gave off was oddly refreshing - I like it. It fit in with Half-Life 2's sort of dark almost angsty atmosphere.

Well done, well done. I'd love to read more Half-Life 2 pieces from you.

Sincerely,

- TerrisMoon
blah blah blah oh no chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
I liked it! Short and simple, how a one-shot should be.

Major props for "Mad World" lyrics. And you *should* write a drabble where he gets a snack break. He busts open a particularly difficult ammo crate, only to find a fifteen year old bag of Cheetos. x)

Great work!

-Distorted Mirrors
Jenmay chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
What can I say? I love this piece. Playing the game, you never think about if he's hungry,tired,or hurtin'. Good POV. Makes you wonder if he could take bathroom breaks in that suit.
Super Chocolate Bear chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
A very nice approach, and exactly how I would expect Gordon to be by the time HL2 rolled around. I also enjoyed the fact that Gordon finds it a little offputting that Alyx was ten years old five days ago, Barney has more wrinkles, etc. It's an aspect of HL2 that I've always wanted to see expanded upon in other media (since it's pretty much impossible in the game).

All in all, a very enjoyable fic (and of rare quality, especially in this section).
BlindAcquiescence chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Amazing, from the summary I didn't think it was going to be much. But purely amazing stuff. Thank you, and write some more!

-Blind