Reviews for Picture of Health
Jhotenko chapter 1 . 9/19
This is a very interesting concept. I like it a lot. I think this could easily lend itself to a full size story.
Reading a Pulse chapter 1 . 1/5
It seems a little odd to me that a narrative so heavy with dialect isn't told in first-person, but what the hey. "Picture of Health" is weird, but the good kind of weird. There's a logic to it that doesn't quite fall into place until the last full paragraph, but the effect is less like a tiresome "Gotcha!" than like an interpretation of a dream that just "clicks". It's short, it's sweet, and it's good.
CassandraPaige394 chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
A very interesting perspective on the cap'n post-movie. You're quite the eloquent writer, and I loved the 'accent' :)
Gene Cowan chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
I've read this four or five times now and it is fantastic (though I must say you had me thoroughly confused the first time through, it took me several minutes of thinking and a second read through to catch up to you, the confusion added to the final feel of the piece though). You fit so much into so few words, and the emotion comes across strongly. Also, I like your pen name.
maipigen chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
this was a thrilling and amazing piece that i truly wished that you'd expanded upon to be honest :)
browneyednerd chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Holy cow this is good.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
So is he actually psychic, then?
The Pianist's Touch chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
This story is underrated. It's brilliantly done, and deeply touching. Mal has always seemed to be the pillar of strength, so the way you described him-mostly unable to communicate, needing to stay behind on some jobs, needing Simon's medicine like River-it's all very sad. Definitely going on my favorites list.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Cool. What an interesting character concept. Someone who hears all the inanimate objects. :) Enjoyed this story.
ramblingsofatimetraveler chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Interesting concept. I enjoyed it :)
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Oho. This was incredible. Mal and River, together at last... sort of. The idea of River interpreting Mal's crazy talk into brother-boob-speak is hilarious and seriously creepy at the same time. A masterful piece, and in so few words.
oregonbird chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Dense, rich and hopeful. A beautiful piece, a sliver that makes you want more, but it's perfect just as it is.
Jackaroo chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Intriguing little ficlet.
Vilinye chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Even though I haven't seen the movie yet, I really enjoyed the weaving rambling dialougue
Nocturnal Smile chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
This was lovely, and I think you really nailed his voice with this. At first I was trying to figure out what had happened, but then it all made sense. I like the tidbit you threw in about Simon and River's dad, it makes sense in a fitting if a little depressing way. Great story!