Reviews for Two Choices
bourbon chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Just catching up with some fanfic...love love this. Love the theme. Personal stories are always some of any writer's best, and this is delicate and lovely.

N.
IheartEllen chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
I liked the wife. She reminds me of a friend of me who died at cancer 5 years ago. Although she were only 13 years old she had lived her life. Since she knew the fact that she would die she also planned her funeral and convinced herself that everybody she loved would be happy. It was so horrible seeing a good friend die. Especially someone who was the best person I ever knew. Your story gave me a little peace after all those years. Thank you so much for writing!
Roxie chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
Deliteful. Brought a smile to my face.
can-can-can chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
It was beautiful. Full of insight and it had a serene and peaceful feeling about it as well- touching and hopeful too.

Wonderful piece of work... Brought to mind a quote I read once:

"Life is not meant to be lived so that one arrives at the grave in a neat, well-preserved, fashionably attired body... but rather that when they meet its end, it is full-tilt, sliding in sideways, hair blowing in the wind, face full of exhiliration, eyes sprarkling, messy, dirty, and used up... exclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Wonderful job. And thank you so much for sharing it with us. It truly touched me. :)
wjobsessed chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
Wow, Nyn. I had to read this twice before reviewing. I was totally blown away after the first read.

There are tears in my eyes. This is an incredibly beautiful, bittersweet story.

The flow is beautiful. All the words you chose for the widower to say are wonderful. You can hear the cogs going around in Jordan's head and understand how she's reacting to all this.

I knew the minute her crooked smile popped out that she was headed to Woody's. And what a great wj conversation there! And ending with a kiss-I wasn't expecting her to take that plunge. How awesome!

I'll bet the next words out of Woody's mouth were "What two choices?"

A big, warm BRAVO to you.
jmkw chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
Very touching. You also gave just enough back story without getting overwelmed and wordy. Very good.
2kool4skool chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
That was beautiful. The best writing comes from personal experience. I firmly believe that. You did a wonderful job with this. I was more interested in Jordan’s discussion with the grieving man than I was with her coming back to Woody, and that doesn’t happen often. I love the words of wisdom the man said to her and his own raw emotion. I also love the honesty he spoke about his wife, that she wasn’t perfect but that she lived her life to the fullest. I have faced a lot of grief in the last few years and I always find as hard as it is to face, I find comfort when you hear stories from their lives, that although it was cut short, they did get something out of it. There is solace in that. Excellent job, this is probably one of my favourite ones you’ve written. I’m so glad to see you writing again and I hope there is more to come.
Eireish chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Very poignant "concern...couldn't be earned; it simply was." How powerful "written to console and not for the writer's own consolation." I am very fond of these two characters. And you write them so well. Again, thank you.
pryrmtns chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
I love that the wife wasn't perfect, and that she wasn't castagated for her struggles... that questions and wanting to give up on life on love and almost on God was allowable and understandable.

and I love that Jordan understood...that the words of the friends and family had the impact this woman wanted... a witness!

once again... BRAVA!