Reviews for The Phoenix’s Choice
Asj Johnson chapter 1 . 7/9
poor death eaters.
If I were him, I'd of given the prison option more thought. Prison might mess with you, but death, amnesia, or lots of pain would be worse. It does seem like the last option would be the best of the three, though. ...though it seems Harry doesn't believe so.
rnthenu chapter 1 . 6/2
Nice..
Montara chapter 1 . 4/27
Wow! Loved it so much! It was perfect! The way Lucius acted, all superior, not taking into consideration The Trio that managed to take down his Dark Lord. He was bested by his own confidence...

You can write so many stories starting with these potions...I'd love to read what Lucius' decision was after this...

Thanks for sharing! Loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
Rehabilitation at its finest.
Jana chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
A fantastic and very well-written story!
I really liked the characterisations, especially the eerily light-hearted, cheerful cruelty of the "Golden" Trio was chilling.
However, after reading in the comments how most people seem to see Lucius' punishment as justified, I wonder whether your intent actually was to show the utopia of a, as FrequencyQueen put it, "poetic justice", instead of showing a society and justice system damaged by the horrors of war and pushed to the very limits of cruelty by some misplaced sense of moral justification...
I know the story was published 8 years ago, but I'm really curious what you think about the justice of this punishment, so I would be very grateful for an answer! :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
redchicken888 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Oh, God, I wish this would continue! But it was a good place to end it. Nice ideas for the potions, by the way.
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Wow. What an amazing solution. And I bet it costs less than jail.
Just and fitting.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
A bit cruel, in a way. You can't add up pains like numerals. But at least he gets it now.
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Very nice idea! When I first started reading this I wondered if the Ministry was maneuvering Lucius or Lucius was maneuvering the Ministry. As it is, it seems the Ministry maneuvered Lucius very, very neatly!

It would be interesting seeing the drastic change in Lucius Malfoy after his 'sentence' finishes.

Incidentally, I am not in favor of the death penalty for murder, and were it possible I would rather favor something like the Amnesia; as it is we spend years leaving such people behind bars to spend the rest of their natural lives in prison. Why not turn them into productive human beings who will no longer kill others?
mab70 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Excellent! Would that this was the way things truly went in the books.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I'm with Kingsley Shacklebolt on this one. There's no way to make a potion with temporary effects be sufficiently punitive for something like an aveda kedavra curse that causes no pain or injury, just death. There's no way that a few minutes (or even an hour or more) of cruciatus pain can make up for the resulting permanent insanity that is a secondary effect of the curse. Then there are victims like Moody who have permanently lost limbs, had disfiguring scars, etc. And what about secondary victims like orphans or Neville who lost his parents even though they didn't die? And then there's the fact that some people are simply insensitive and don't feel things to the same extent as others, either because they were thick-skinned to begin with, or they were trained to ignore physical pain or mental suffering?
noreenklose chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Different, strange, and a beautiful idea.

Thank you for writing it, I really enjoyed it.

I would have liked a more thorough paragraph (or two) of Lucius' punishment. I just wish that Harry could have given it to the Dursleys- - -they NEED it!

KUTGW,

Noreen
forever and three more seconds chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
AMAZING! omg i can't believe you. all your stories are good, but that was something else. i am definitely putting that on my fave list. my heart is going faster at the terror. i don't suppose you'd be able to continue it. pleease consider it, but i have no idea how you'd do it so... :S

ruth.
demonicnargles chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
That was really awesome. Wow. Somehow, I am not surprised they all choose the third potion.

-demonicnargles