Reviews for A King in All but Name
Lisel-nee-chan chapter 7 . 5/12/2009
Well, here I am... writing a review xD

There really isnt anything bad on the story, its great!

I really liked it, even through I got sad at times while reading it.

But thats just the right thing to do to the reader xD

Make the reader part of the story

Im looking forward to read your other stories too

PS: Sorry for any mistakes ' Im german, so...
jellymaster chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
This is a really interesting start here that you have so far! Tenabi seems like a nice, well-rounded OC so I hope to see more of her later on in the story. Sarafina was also quite in-character. I love the use of description that you used in this chapter and the scenes that you wrote in-between!

This is very good so far. Keep it up!

Sincerely, Jellymaster!
THE DEADLY ANGEL chapter 7 . 4/25/2008
aw

That was... Amazing

I Really Enjoyed reading it

It's so sad

oh.
Mgeni chapter 7 . 4/7/2008
This story was great! I really liked Etari, and I was a little sad when he died. I do like the happy ending though. I hope you write more stories like this one.
Maran Zelde chapter 7 . 3/29/2008
Your writing shows a lot of potential. It’s emotional, has good, clear descriptions and solid dialogue. But there are some areas that could be improved. There are a few typos like “drolled” (I assume you mean drawled). Also watch your apostrophes. The singular possessive has apostrophe s (e.g. Etari’s), while the plural possessive has s apostrophe (e.g. lionesses’).

My favorite thing about this fic is Tasa. The idea of Sarabi having a son after Mufasa died is intriguing. But I knew Mufasa’s other son was doomed the moment he was introduced. There was no way Scar would let another “little hairball” threaten his rule.

One thing that I found disappointing was that Zazu was MIA most of the time. I assume he was in the rib cage, but it would have been nice if the characters had at least mentioned him, especially since Etari took over his job.
danielle134 chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
Very good. I like the story so far. I can't wait to continue.
SunRise19 chapter 7 . 3/16/2008
Wow, this story was amazing! I loved it, I loved Etari! I was sad when he died, but I really wasn't expecting the ending that you gave to this story. Well done!

Your OC was awesome! I loved the twist in having him in this fanfic, and all the events that you had take place in it. You can bet I'll be reading Reign of the Red king next! I started to read it but when you mentioned this story I had to read it first to suit my curiousity. I'm glad I did!

You're a brilliant writer, keep up the awesome work! You're really talented!
Narfy chapter 7 . 6/11/2007
Well I finally sat down and read this and I must say that that was a beatiful ending. Etari had such a good heart, helping all the lionnesses like that and having to deal with Scar he definitly deserved his time with the kings. Wonderfully done I will be on the lookout for more stories by you. So please keep up the good work and have fun writing. :)
bdlywrttn chapter 7 . 5/26/2007
ooh, Narfy was right, you are really good! :-)

I got a little confused on some parts since you don't have any scene breakers, but that's ok.

The content is what matters, and yours is spectacular! You descriptions are great too. That's what I always have a problem with.

Hopefully can get to some of your other stories. Again, loved thissun!
Zeratul Luke chapter 7 . 5/14/2007
You should have used more abstract imagery with the opening paragraphs, like: Suddenly the shadowy jungle parted before, could have been :Suddenely the blurry shadowed jungle fell before them, a savannah present.

Only because it seemed you wanted to make that whole point seem dream-like, so it should be vague or possibly even confuse the reader. It’s a pretty specific viewpoint though so don’t think I know what I’m talking about

I guess I was being optimistic thinking there be a happy ending, but I like how you worked the title into it. Can’t say I would have been that forgiving of Scar.
LittlePsychoWolf chapter 7 . 5/14/2007
Aw, wow! Very inventive ending. I like it!

(Wonder what Scar's going to think.)

Wolf
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 7 . 5/13/2007
Great ending! For his great service to the kingdom under Scar's reign Etari is awarded to become a king of the past? Nice... very nice! Good story, very good story. I'll be sure to read your next Lion King fic!
hermonine chapter 6 . 5/6/2007
Great chapter. Keep up the good work.
Zeratul Luke chapter 6 . 4/30/2007
Damn, what's with the killings?

I hope their's a happier ending, least as good as the chapters up to it.

Props!
LittlePsychoWolf chapter 6 . 4/30/2007
Whoa, cool! Pretty well written, and although in my opinion Scar is amazing, I'm also kinda glad Etari fought back. Continue!