Reviews for Crossfade
Veritas Found chapter 24 . 7/5/2007
That was definitely one of the best endings in the history of best endings. xD

This whole series has been amazing, and this was the perfect way to close it up (though, going from the list of stories in your profile, there's still another story or two in the series, so I guess I should say perfect way to close this portion up?). I think Crossfade has been my favorite in the lot of 'em so far, mainly because of all the twists you worked into it. Part of me is really glad I found the fic after it was finished, 'cause you've had me on the edge of my seat enough that I can only imagine what it would've been like if there had the been the usual waiting period between chaps.

Your writing skills are amazing, and all I can really say is it's authors like you that make sifting through the 'well this is good but has the potential to be so much more, if the author gets a bit more experience' on this site worth it. Amazing work here.
cirana chapter 24 . 5/13/2007
gd fic
Tai Greywing chapter 24 . 1/8/2007
You know what the surprising thing is? It's been ten years and the Doctor has managed not to regenerate. I doubt that's coz he hasn't been in any dangerous situations, but it is possibly worthy of miracle status.

Life goes on as normal for everyone then, even two universes apart. I still really love your character interaction - you seem to have pinned their personalities pretty much exactly and it's very easy to believe the way you have them reacting to each other and the situation.

Y'know if Violet can get between the universes then really wouldn't Jackie and Mickey really want to see what's become of Rose? Even to give Vi an earful (if she's still got her mobile).

The epic is finally finished! Wow, it's been a while hasn't it? Can I just say truly that for someone who updates so damn fast, you are absolutely the besy writer I've encountered. All the best and I'll see you 'round,

RngrThorne chapter 24 . 1/7/2007
Last bit left me a bit confused, but kids do that. Otherwise a delightful read.
Stoko chapter 24 . 1/6/2007
Awesome story! Kinda sucks it's the last one, ever, but still, it rocked :D
RosesBud chapter 24 . 1/6/2007
No, no - you are made of awesomes! It's been an honour to beta the last few instalments in such a fantastic saga. Kudos to you for reaching the end in such style. Hope we hear more from this universe sometime in the future x
Mousewolf chapter 24 . 1/6/2007
*laughs* Yeah, what is the plan?

Get caught, get shot/stabbed/bullied by evil aliens from the planet zog, possibly die once or twice in Jack's case, make up a bunch funky quotes and cool quips along the way...

...oh, yeah, and save the world.

*grins* Gods, I'll miss this series. It's been fantastic. Looking forward to future works

- Mousewolf
ice-connoisseur chapter 24 . 1/6/2007
Alas, alack, an era is over...Brilliant, fantastic, super ending...I could go on for some time...splendid, wondeful...

Yeah, I'll shut up.

So all's well that ends well...the breidge between the universe is slowly getting better, Rose and the Doctor "made up", Greg and Vi are happy...

One thing I am confused about, why did Jack need to wipe his memories? Did I miss something there? I presumed that was Jack after he travelled with the Doctor and Rose first time round, so why the memory wipe?

Anyway, thank you for several months of a sereis of brilliant stories! I can't believe it's all over! Keep writting, and I'll keep reading!

Cya!

Emma
Mauve Alert chapter 24 . 1/5/2007
I don't know whether to clap because it was so grea or cry because it's over.

This series is magnificent, and you've ended it perfectly. Love the two little boys running around the ship. I can just imagine the trouble they get into. :-D

Arrg, I can't find the right words.

I'm really glad that you didn't do out a whole big mushy Rose/Doctor reunion scene. And I love that even though it says "The End", I can imagine their futures: Violet and Greg and FRED, getting into trouble, and Torchwood getting into trouble, and Rose and the Doctor and the boys and the TARDIS getting into trouble, and all of them getting into trouble together.

*claps*
shanananananana chapter 23 . 1/5/2007
Well dear, what can I say but Bravo! You know full well I loved this story, I love the ending, and I'm looking forward to the epilogue as well!

I'm going to miss Vi too if you are indeed done with her! I'm just a bit sad for Greg's family somehow. You created gvived characters that your readers identified to and loved, that's quite an achievement in fanfiction!

Well done, I'll be badgering you for the epilogue now :)
Mousewolf chapter 23 . 1/5/2007
/“Well, get on with it, then. The way ‘Uncle Jack’ looks at her, I’m not sure if he wants to give her a wet Willy, or play tonsil hockey.” Of course she’d noticed Jack looking at the Doctor the same way./

*Grins* Touch of pure-bred Jack-ness there, and making me realise how much I've loved this fic - this whole series, even. Perhaps it's silly, but I'll miss it lotsa lots.

Well? Get on wi' the epilouge, woman!
Tai Greywing chapter 23 . 1/5/2007
Time for Vi to be the manipulative one and make all the decisions for people. I bet the Doctor will be annoyed with her. No, scrap that - I bet pretty much EVERYONE will be annoyed with her.

So, she's sent the Doctor, Rose and Jack back to the original universe and left everyone else in the parallel one. ...Just a thought, but she's nicked the sonic screwdriver, the Doctor's gonna have to make a new one ain't he? Are Vi and Greg going to take on the Doctor's 'job' in the parallel 'verse? Well, if Violet's got the same wanderlust, she does have her own TARDIS for transportation.

Rose and the Doctor... I don't know quite how you're going to sort them out, you're just going to have to surprise me. Bring on the epilogue! Great description - your characterisation is definitely a cut above the norm, well done!

Tai Greywing chapter 22 . 12/31/2006
Ahh, the proverbial happy ending. Just couldn't bring yourself to be cruel and let them all die now could you? Now all they have to do is get everybody together in the correct reality. And hopefully without crashlanding.

Yeah, excellant writing and I love the way that Jack refers to his undying-ness as 'magic smoke'. An over-simplified view that I can really see him going for.

Happy new year and more soon, a few more chapters, ne?

ice-connoisseur chapter 22 . 12/31/2006
No! Only one more? But at least they live...But in which dimension? Who ends up where? And with whom? UPDATE GOD DAMM YE!

Emma
Tai Greywing chapter 21 . 12/28/2006
Crikey! I go away for...just over a week and you've got a ton of new chapters up. I'm sensing this whole storyline drawing to a close soon. (may be wrong, it'd be just like you to pull something out of the hat and surprise me).

Recap on the current situation: the Doctor appears to be the only one alive on a ship in the Void that may not be able to leave coz of all the patching up that's been done. Vi is... possibly more intangible energy then solid person at the moment, Greg is looking for her and possibly dead coz he's on the wrong side of the door. Jack appears to be dead-dead as does Rose. Although I can't work out exactly what finished her off. But you can't leave it there! It's way too depressing and the timeline will be SEVERELY messed with if the loose ends are not tied off.

I'm kinda divided about Violet coming back - I mean, yes coz so many people will be torn up if she's permanently gone. However she was running way too much energy through her and I don't know if there's a way to come back from being energy-ified...

Yeah, hope you had a merry christmas and all that jazz, best wishes for the new year,