Reviews for Silent Hill 4: Introspection
Summerset banjo chapter 65 . 10/12/2014
Thank you for this adaptation of Silent Hill 4. You did an excellent job capturing the spirit and tone of Silent Hill 4 very well. Most of the combat scenes and a couple of the scenes with adult Walter before the final confrontation could of used some improvement though. But for the most part it was great, even the post game stuff was really well done. Good Job! )

-Summerset Banjo
XYZ chapter 65 . 7/14/2014
Walter was a psychopathic sadist serial killer who enjoyed what he did... stop making excuse for him
relo chapter 65 . 7/1/2014
IIt seems you truly understood the game. As a silent hill fan, I feel deeply into the world that you created in your writings. Im glad you felt empathic towards Walter, he didn't truly know what he was doing.
J. S. Whitson chapter 65 . 4/21/2014
Not sure if you're around anymore on FF to read this, but I really enjoyed this novelization. It really helped me to understand Henry better, and I loved your portrayal of all of the other characters too. Fantastic work!
darkzem chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
I realize that you'll probably never see this comment as it doesn't look like you've been here in fivd years but I just read you silent hill 4 novelization and decided to hunt you down so that I could tell you how excellent it was. You did ond of the best adaptations of a game I've ever read and I read a lot. Thank you
jeff the killer chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
cool
Bartlett2010 chapter 9 . 4/11/2013
so far its really good i been reading from the prolough to chapter 8 without a brake is that good. :)
DiamondGamer chapter 65 . 3/26/2013
SEQUEL?LOL
I'm a big Henreen fan and I loved how you added Henreen moments through the whole story.
You did a freaking great job.
DocJackal chapter 65 . 9/18/2012
Well, I just finished this, and let me say as someone who's only managed to get to the first forest level of Silent Hill 4 before having to put it down, I absolutely loved this novelization.

I think I stopped playing both out of fear and frustration. As someone who likes examining every little thing in SH games, it was somewhat annoying and at the same time heightened the tension having ghosts chase me. I'm not demonizing it like many others have, I just don't think it was right for me, at the time. Perhaps after reading this, though, I can give it more of a chance. If I still can't get into it, then there's a wonderfully fleshed out novelization for me to read.

I've always been fascinated by Walter Sullivan, and you wrote him wonderfully. I also like the additions you made to Henry, making him emote more. I can't really speak as to further comparisons to the other characters since I haven't gotten very far in the game, as I said, but everyone was written very well.

My criticisms here are few and far between. I did note that Eileen had a habit of frequently putting her hand on Henry's cheek in a moment of despair or the rare tender moment, and I couldn't tell if it was a writing tic or just the kind of gesture Eileen might do to show affection...

You know, that's really it. That's all I could think of right now. I'm not sure if I'll find something else upon re-reading, which I plan on doing, but...there you go.

But this was excellent work. It's definitely helped inspire me in terms of considering how to write my original Silent Hill story. So thanks for an awesome read.
Dot Warner chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Show, don't tell. Most of us don't know what it's like to be stuck in a place where there's no escape and no form of meaningful interaction with anything for five days. So put it into detail, the more the better.

On the other hand, I suggest you skimp on the details of the game itself. Most of the people who are reading this are familiar enough with the plot (if not the gameplay) where you don't need to rehash much of it.
Guest chapter 65 . 6/29/2012
thats...everything...is beautiful,all the story details! all the eileenXhenry is PERFECT! this is great!
Gear001 chapter 65 . 8/31/2011
A great story, and very well retold by you. However, as much as it may conflict with the game, I think you should have kept the fact that Henry was the last Sacrifice as more of a plot twist than the general discovery. I also think the fights with Walter, outside of the last one, were a big pace breaker, not to mention that I didn't feel scared when he spoke. He didn't feel like an imposing threat that I think he should have been. A feeling of chase would have probably been scarier than the monologues. Regardless, it was still a great piece and the end was very enjoyable. Good work Dena! -
Normans-Goatee chapter 65 . 8/18/2011
I really liked this whole story! It was written really well and very well detailed!

Im a sucker for Henry and Eileen so it was fantastic to read some lovey dovey scenes!

I really think you should write some more Henry and Eileen stories! I also saw your artwork on deviantart. Those pictures of henry and eileen were beautiful, I favorited them right away. Its good to see more henry and eileen art and stories.(All ive been seeing is walter and henry) *yuck*
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 64 . 4/24/2011
That's Harry in the photo, right?
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 47 . 4/24/2011