Reviews for Two Galaxy's Saga
Ok, I'm sorry, but just 5 chapters in here and already this is ridiculous. A majority(like 75%) of the reviews are on this same topic I'm going to address; the fact that you don't seem to know jack about WH40k. For one. HOW THE F*CK DOES A TYRANID BIOSHIP HAVE F*CKING STARCHARTS? IS IT CARVED INTO ITS SKIN? ENGRAVED INTO ITS MIND? WHAT THE F*CK? And, you don't have your star wars legends facts clear either. THE YUUZHAN VONG DON'T USE TECHNOLOGY EITHER. They have f*cking living ships, too, just not in the way that the tyranids have literal space whales. And, let us come to a third point, before expanding on the previous points. Physics much? The engines on the ISD wouldn't change color when modified, and in fact 'Ion blue' is the color that often surrounds engines outputting pure white light-the 'hottest' color a engine can have. So, downgrading the heat of the color(or whatever you want to call it) is jacked up. Red is all the way at the bottom of the 'color chart' or watever the hell they called it in Astro. Tbh, this didn't really irk me that much, but I figured I was gonna write this comment anyways, so, yeah. Now, back to WH40K and SWL. I get that SWL is on rediculous levels of OP, but Warhammer tops even that. Another reviewer before me commented on this, and he seems to know infinitely more than me about the numbers behind the ships, but lemme say this; Turbolasers, compared to almost all space-to-space weaponry in the WH40K universe, are literally orders of magnitude weaker. Think a beam of plasma, traveling relatively slow, compared to a Halo S-MAC cannon, that's on steroids, and has a outrageously faster fire rate. That's, if you don't do Halo lore(admittedly not many people get that into the lore) a couple thousand(well in the case of these ships more like hundreds or just a thousand) ton clumps of solid depleted uranium, or even tungsten sometimes( in WH40K think more Adamantium, diamantine, or...whatever that other thing was called. Or maybe a ceramic. Point being its stronger than depleted uranium/tungsten rounds.) traveling at percentages of the speed of light, Percentages dont sound like much, till you consider how insanely fast the speed of light is. The shields that the ISD's have are also probably weaker, considering average Imperial/Eldar/Tau-but-not-actually/Chaos/whatever else isn't OP to f*ck for WH40K standards, void shields take several volleys of said accelerator cannon shots to down, then the armor takes even MORE barrages to take down. And that's not even talking about the fighters. No, said other reviewer(sorry-I'm-too-lazy-to-check-the-name-rn) did a great comparison of said fighters. I won't restate something that's already been stated well. Now, my final real point, is that the Imperium, or rather, the fleet officers, would NEVER willingly sanction working together with a Xenos fleet, without some sort of higher command giving the OK, and even then maybe not. And even in the scenario that they did, the Imperials would shoot said xenos forces as soon as their help is no longer required. The only ones who seem to interact with xenos, and only in times of high duress during war, are some Space Marine chapters, and sometimes the Inquisition - specifically when the Ordos Hereticus are huntin Necrons(think that only happened once, don't quote me, I'm not actually sure bout this, but it kinda makes sense) and the Ordos Malleus and Grey Knights, cus the warp is infinitel scarier than Eldar. In the new version of WH40K, the Eldar and Imperium work closer together, kinda, but that's the newest version, not the version at the time of the writing of this story. Oh yeah, and did I mention earlier? Smallish-kinda-huge errors here; you kinda messed up the classing systems(thats okay tho), you mixed up classes of WH40K ships(thats okay too), and...the Emperor class would crush a 'small Chaos raid', and it would be even more one-sided with a support fleet. And, the Chaos forces would have no trouble at all with dealing with 6 ISD' ...that's not okay.
foodwizard chapter 4 . 7/2
the eldar dont use geller fields, they dont travel through the warp ever cuz no amount of shielding could protect them from Slaneesh. They just use the webway
alright, the Tau are not that easy to beat. the firepower from those platforms wouldve caused waaaay more damage, especially against the temporarily unshielded YV.
also, why would a planet with orbital platforms not have orbital defense cannons? especially since tau worlds are confirmed to have rail gun battlements..
that aside, why would fire cadre(s) use their plasma rifles in the relatively confined spaces of a ship? why not their plasma carbines? every fire warrior has them..
there is no one matching Luke in strength who isnt a Skywalker.. Anakin was the Force incarnate, now considering the force encompasses all life there shouldnt be another force manifestation of Skywalker grade anywhere else. I wouldnt be too irked if you compared Alana to Palpy tho.. but the Skywalkers are special. Palps is basically Luke's equal, but their circumstances are very different. So Palps would be a better backdrop for comparison
In this Chapter 1, you should put the pre-intro dialogue like A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away and the other Galaxy known as the Milky Way in the 41st millennium of the grim dark future, there is only war.
guest chapter 1 . 3/3
let me ask for one thing, Is hatred is part of the dark side or hatred is the God-Emperor of Mankind's greatest of humanity, I mean Jedi and Sith can't even compared this version of hatred unless the Jedi and Sith can possess the power of the force and the warp at the same time, even Jedi can protect their minds from dark emotion, the warp will be trickery like they will become a Chaos Jedi Knight, the Force Wielder tainted by the power of the warp using two powers itself, so strong and even dangerous. I wish there is a mod for Star Wars: Empire at War using the combined elements from Warhammer 40k Dawn of War Series and Battlefleet Gothic Armada Gameplay, some people around the world will getting little bored to play one series without a crossover movie/video game itself, especially TV series.
jhaynes0529 chapter 53 . 12/17/2016
One thing, Darth malleus, Eldar can die of old age, but they do not visibly age. They don't grow old, they don't get sick. Also people in 40k have rose from the dead. Chaos champions and living saints like Celestine and Sabbot have been resurrected by the Emperor and Chaos gods. Chaos can grant true immortality to its followers. Once you ascend to daemonhood, you are literally almost absolutely impossible to kill. And you will literally live forever.
John Christopher L. Ticyado chapter 4 . 11/13/2016
Too fast. The story is going too fast. they simply accepted the Eldars assistance without showing any skepticism. Not something I'd expect of an Admiral and a Jedi Master.
Arekanderu chapter 68 . 6/29/2016
I am complety unfamilar with the Warhammer universe but this was great
Dark LNW chapter 34 . 6/7/2016
Psyker Grades aren't like Power Levels from DBZ. You can't raise your grade. It's something you have from birth; it measures your affinity for manipulating the Warp. Once you have a grade, that's it; Period. You can't change it.
Dark LNW chapter 5 . 6/7/2016
Sorry my last post got cut off. Whoops. Regardless, back for more! This is a review for Ch. 3-5
1. See my last post for arguments for the Swiftdeath Fighter. Now for the Fury Interceptor; primary Attack Craft of the Imperial Navy. Again, see the last post for the outmaneuvering counter. The Swiftdeath is faster and more maneuverable than the Fury, so the outmaneuvering is POSSIBLE. (Note that) But, the Fury is far more resilient in the face of damage and better armed. Your average Fury has two wing-mounted anti-starfighter missile racks, multiple BANKS of lasguns on its hull and/or wings, and a nose-mounted ball-turret Multi-Las.
2. Star Wars Shields are VERY DIFFERENT from Void Shields and Gellar Fields.
3. I doubt Daemons would be able to infest Hyperspace, which is an alternate dimension with different laws of physics as opposed to their home in the Warp; the Collective Under Psyche of all intelligent life-forms.
4. The Shield Modifications wouldn't have doubled the shield strength; a Gellar Field drags parts of Realspace into the Warp with you, which provides very little protection against anything but Daemons, who can't pass through it.
5. The Engines wouldn't have changed color. I don't even known where you would have gotten that. Why would they change colors?
6. Yes. The Eldar can teleport strike forces onto ships, and they can even do it on ships WITH shields, I would assume, due to using the Webway instead of the Warp. They just wouldn't because it would waste valuable Eldar lives.
7. The Tyranids don't hibernate. They utilize forms of FTL, but when they move through realspace they don't hibernate. They are always ready to feed.
8. I doubt the Yuuzhan Vong and Tyranids are compatible; they work in completely different ways. But I suppose I'll give up on it.
Dark LNW chapter 2 . 6/7/2016
OK, so I'm already noticing quite a few canon mistakes. Or butcheries. Whichever you prefer.
1. No Self-Respecting Imperial Admiral would be named 'Rooseland.'
2. No Imperial Navy Officer would EVER send a distress call to Xeno forces.
3. No 40k Admiral expects an annihilated ship after one Lance salvo
4. Even if I (grudgingly) concede that the Infidel-class Raider would be destroyed by the combined fire of 3 Star Destroyers, (Which I don't) the Infidel would have followed standard tactics; firing boarding torpedoes. Nobody is ever ready for Daemon attacks.
5. The Alliance fighters wouldn't 'easily' outmaneuver the Chaos ships. Hell, they wouldn't at all. 40k Ships may be bigger, but they run on vastly more efficient power systems and can move at similar speeds to Wars fighters. Not only that, Swiftdeath fighters, the Chaos's main fighter, is notoriously fast and has banks of lascannons that would blow any Wars fighter clean out of the sky. (Evidence is it does this to Imperial Navy starfighters; craft with superior armor.)
6. An Imperial Admiral wouldn't use the term 'Impulse.' That's Wars and Trek only.
7. And now for the Daemon Slayer. While a respectably named ship, (I love it!) it behaves nothing like a real Emperor-class Battleship. They are slow and not very maneuverable, maintaining a distance and using their Attack Craft
justreidabook chapter 10 . 6/6/2016
This is what he's telling her. Let it go, let it go...
Dark LNW chapter 12 . 3/28/2016
Hmm... I agree that the Micro-Jump would have totally ruined the Tau's strategy... but they have far superior weaponry. However, the portrayal of the ship combat was very accurate. Tau Fire Warriors rely on range and coordinated volleys of plasma fire. They should have brought the Kroot.
Dark LNW chapter 11 . 3/28/2016
The Greater Good is a philosophy taught by the Ethereals, who are NOT Psykers, by the way.