Reviews for I Am Of The House Of Eorl
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
Great story.
Thegreypoet chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
A beautiful story, from a unique perspective. Thanks.
Dorian Herestor chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I started reading this one-shot of yours just because I was curious to see if anyone could write a story from a dogs'-er, excuse me, sorry, a wolfhound's POV, and I must say, I am not dissapointed. You exposed the story-line very well, considering that you were telling a story from a wolfhounds POV. The loyalty Dogca feels torwards Eowyn made me smile like an idiot, and the fact that Legolas was aware of Dogcas' existence right from the start only made the grin wider, for it shows his "elvish" empathy torwards animals. The fact that he considered him a rational animal, with feelings and a heart, and not just some random, brainless animal, is the cheery on top of the cake.

I have nothing to say about the grammar, for as far as I can see, there is nothing wrong.

The only thing I have to say is that you could have stressed Dogca's canineness by adding a little bit more information that would have been relevent to a dog, such as, i.e., the smell of people (like you did with Grima, a touch that I liked), or how much his flees itched, you know, things like that. Other than that little detail, I have nothing to say other then it is a job well done!

Oh, and nice job on the lables Dogca gave to the Three Hunters!
Canon Cannons chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
This story always brings tears to my eyes, Docga is such a loving and wonderful animal. It must have been torture for him, able to see and hear what was happening but unable to understand why it was happening. Dogs have a much simpler view of life and the way things should be.

I would love to own a wolfhound, they are such beautiful creature, magestic is the word which comes to mind. However they do need a lot of exercise and simply are not practcval animals to keep.

I love the image of Docga creeping through the halls of Rohan to see Eomer, it would have been great comfort to him and you cannot accuse a dog of passing messages for him.

However my favourite scene has to be the one where Eowyn meets up with him again. The emotion was perfectly portrayed.
avasion chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
very nice
Mirime93 chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
*tee hee* I liked that! I loved the POV in this one xD Great job!
lotrelves chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Good one. You think of many good ideas, Mellon-nin. I'm off to read the next.
Wimsey1 chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
You made me cry. This was so good, I have never been an Eowyn fan, but this has changed my mind about her.
Anearin chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Now that was confusing! At first I thought it was Eomers servant, then Eowyns lady in waiting (though I couldnt work out why you called her master) but then it all made sense at the end and its a charming story!

Anea
Sestican chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
At first, I thought he was a guard. Then, you confused me. A sweet story.
ZypherKiritha chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
I have now read every story you have, and bookmarked the ones still on-going. I think, however, that perhaps, rather than writing a review for everyone, I will write one for all. I love all your stories, and plan on reading every one to the end. I especially liked the 'I am of the house of Eorl*' story. I dodn't usually see well-written stories from a dog's perspective. HOpe to enjoy the remainder of your stories just as much!

* Not sure I spelled that right, but oh well.
Blame the Cupcake chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Oh I love it! Masterfully done!
Lanche chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
NiRi - That was a fun story. It's great to see things from a pet's perspective.

Sidenote: have you ever read the original 101 Dalmatians story by Dodie Smith? It's quite different from the Disney movie. Since you're a dog-lover I think you would enjoy it.
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
I really liked this story, when I read it at Teitho. I like readying stories from different perspectives, and this was a very unique one. I like that you used book verse and even took the time to explain it for those who have only seen the movies. It was well-written, which is what I've come to expect from you. :o)
Nettie84047 chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
I have had one of the toughest years that I can remember of my life but through the entire thing my two "kids" were by my side. Greeting me when I got home and excited to see me wake in the morning. They always knew when I was down and needed comforting and always knew when I needed to play. I love this story, not only because it was well written and stuck to cannon but because of the point of view it was written from. From one dog lover to another, Thank you for sharing!